1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cosmokramer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 12.13.51 AM (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Is it worth it to have somebody restore my original coin door or should I just buy a new one. Are there any issues with the new doors vs originals i have neve had to change one until now

#2 1 year ago

I bought one from PinballLife for my TOTAN and it's great, fit right in and was plug-and-play in every sense of the word.

#3 1 year ago

I like the original doors especially the WPC with the long 2 slot bezel and 3 raised panels. If one of those I would restore.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I like the original doors especially the WPC with the long 2 slot bezel and 3 raised panels. If one of those I would restore.

Nope just the normal standard door

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Nope just the normal standard door

what game?

#6 1 year ago

T2, i did a full restore on the game, coin door Isnt beat up just needs painting or plating whatever they do.

#7 1 year ago

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 12.13.51 AM (resized).png

#8 1 year ago

I know some games came with different door styles, but this is what I would look for.

#9 1 year ago

You know what I think that’s the door I have. Now the question is who restores them.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

You know what I think that’s the door I have. Now the question is who restores them.

Keep it as they are not remade in that style. Sldnt b hard to strip it and fix any damage and repaint or powdercoat.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I know some games came with different door styles, but this is what I would look for.

In that era, WPC games came with different doors. You can usually tell, if your model has "w/DBA" or "DBA RDY", then you wouldn't have had a three-slot door like the one pictured.

That door pictures is an Entropy door, I believe. I like them - but I prefer the single-slot doors with upstacker (bottom) plate.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

In that era, WPC games came with different doors. You can usually tell, if your model has "w/DBA" or "DBA RDY", then you wouldn't have had a three-slot door like the one pictured.
    That door pictures is an Entropy door, I believe. I like them - but I prefer the single-slot doors with upstacker (bottom) plate.

Was this specific door style ordered by the operator?

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Was this specific door style ordered by the operator?

Usually, yeah. (At least, when I was purchasing games back then..) We'd tell the distributor 'Hey, we want 3 Twilight Zones, with ability to accept dollar bills.' and that's what we would get. I'm not sure if WMS installed the coin doors to order (i.e. Distributor then submitted order to WMS if they didn't have any in stock), or if WMS had a 'stock' of pre-made ones and shipped what they had.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Usually, yeah. (At least, when I was purchasing games back then..) We'd tell the distributor 'Hey, we want 3 Twilight Zones, with ability to accept dollar bills.' and that's what we would get. I'm not sure if WMS installed the coin doors to order (i.e. Distributor then submitted order to WMS if they didn't have any in stock), or if WMS had a 'stock' of pre-made ones and shipped what they had.

Thanks for the info.

#15 1 year ago

If you want to take a crack at it I outlined (briefly) coin door restoration in the following thread...starts at post #120 finishes around #156
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-fish-tales-rebuild/page/3#post-4069827

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 0.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 27.95
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 249.00
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside