Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hitch9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ_light_tube2.jpg
    WOZ_light_tube.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Is the GI suspost to be non existent on here because is barely on?

#2 10 years ago

I hear it will be brightened with a code update.

#3 10 years ago

GI too dim and LED's too bright. That's been a common observation especially by those that like playing in the dark. I don't and I can't imagine how you could play the Lights Out multiball. Regardless, I too think the GI lighting, at least, needs to get brighter.

#4 10 years ago

It will be.

#5 10 years ago

Yes, it is best with some room lights on for now. The Gi is dim. The RGB LED's are very bright but with a room light on it is fine.

#6 10 years ago

No my gi is non existant like dim dim Pretty much cant tell its on

#8 10 years ago

Sell that sumbitch!

#10 10 years ago

They are all dim. Thought this was pretty much known by everyone. It is going to be addressed in a code update.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from skooter710:

Is the GI suspost to be non existent on here because is barely on?

If you have any out or really dim, look underneath and see that the LED is over the post thingy sticking up through the playfield.

LTG : )

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If you have any out or really dim, look underneath and see that the LED is over the post thingy sticking up through the playfield.

What led this is all the GI

#15 10 years ago

Isn't the GI consisting of RGB LED's on circuit boards with the light shining up through tubes?

#16 10 years ago

No i am talking GI under slings and whole playfield non existant

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from skooter710:

I believe that all the GI including the slings is through light tubes from RGB boards that are under the playfield.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I love that LTG is calling it 'the post thingy'. You've got to name that thing, Lloyd! Make sure the LED on the board is lined up with the GI cylinder. Otherwise, no light. Doesn't seem like that would be the issue if they're all dim though.

And EM's are bright, man! Credit where credit is due.

Do you have a photo of one of the LEDs when it is on?

#19 10 years ago

Here:

WOZ_light_tube.jpgWOZ_light_tube.jpg WOZ_light_tube2.jpgWOZ_light_tube2.jpg

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from skooter710:

What led this is all the GI

The LED mounted on a board that lights the post thingy. Is for GI.

#21 10 years ago

The rubber holds the tube in position against the RGB board. The RGB LED should be under the tube.

#22 10 years ago

I'm loving this thread right now. BUT it really makes my 'month one' WOZ feel like it's never going to get here.

#23 10 years ago

Yes, photos and videos I've seen make it look dim. Here's an older post that might help (I don't think the GI brightness has changed much if any since then):

Quoted from compujohn:

There are 31 GI lights on the machine. Right now for testing
    purposes, I have them running at minimum power. In fact,
    all the LEDs on the machine are running at 36.5% of their
    maximum capacities.
    JRD

You can kinda get an idea of current expected brightness in this video (tsk, tsk Pindufus for not linking it yourself!):

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

I'm loving this thread right now. BUT it really makes my 'month one' WOZ feel like it's never going to get here.

Try being a month 6 purchaser. Was told I'd have mine in Sept.

Yeah, Sept. 2014

#25 10 years ago

If they could separate the GI & switched illumination, it would be nice if the brightness was adjustable in the menu, similar to the way the coil strength is adjustable.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from skooter710:

GI's at led's as well. As stated by Lloyd and in sunfox picture there is an led board that goes through a frosted tube to create GI. Make sure the tube and the board are aligned.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

GI's at led's as well. As stated by Lloyd and in sunfox picture there is an led board that goes through a frosted tube to create GI. Make sure the tube and the board are aligned.

Thanks ill check
    Scott

#28 10 years ago

For me, I pretty much can't play without an over head light on. Looking forward to how a code update will help this issue.

#29 10 years ago

I'd love to know WHY they're still dim...

#30 10 years ago

Maybe the light tube to a board is a bad design? Like there is to much tube and it's soaking up all the LED?

#31 10 years ago

No, the post I quoted earlier says they're running at minimal power... But why still?

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

No, the post I quoted earlier says they're running at minimal power... But why still?

Sunfox,
    This is purely speculation on my part, so it's not worth much, but I suspect they are focussing on the major important things before doing the small tweaks. It could even be in the new code, as Alex said there are things in the new code that people have been asking for.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wozle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.