You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tv-most-shocking-deaths-2011-breaking.jpeg
kids.jpg
images-1.jpg
images.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Greetings JJP Fans,

Today we are happy to report on our progress in manufacturing production games. Last week we ordered the first 1,500 sets of production boards for our games which will arrive by the end of February. Games are being built and everything is being tested so that when the boards arrive it will be an easier operation to begin shipping production games.

New Modes Added in Today's Code
Be sure to set video quality to 1080HD

Next week Jack travels to London for the EAG Show. Two WOZ games are already there and a nice open house party was hosted by Phil Palmer - Pinball Heaven last Sunday.

#2 11 years ago

Damn, I just got the email, that was fast to post it here! lol

#3 11 years ago

Boards don't even arrive until the end of February? And what are the chances that that date will be delayed?

So are we looking at Summer delivery now?

#4 11 years ago

I don't think he is changing his delivery estimate. He indicated, or I am infering, in his post that they are making the machines and when the boards arrive they will drop in and be ready.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

I don't think he is changing his delivery estimate. He indicated, or I am infering, in his post that they are making the machines and when the boards arrive they will drop in and be ready.

Yep, that what the update sounded like. Seems spring would be good estimate for delivery.

I am liking what I have seen so far from the LCD. Should be a fun game.

#6 11 years ago

Animations look pretty nice. The sepia twister ready "quadrant" is some nice detail. Me thinks June-July but I hope I am wrong.

#7 11 years ago

Lights still on attract mode?

#8 11 years ago

Lots of interesting items here. The upper right 'scene' being larger than the border (see Tinmans legs at 1:45, and on after that), using the same lower right corner to progress both RAINBOW and WIZARD, and it flipping back and fourth between the two. I wonder if mode progress can be controlled by the flippers a la 'hold flipper for status', or selecting a mode at the start of the game (like a million games). The animations are certainly excellent. A far cry from New Canasta.

#9 11 years ago

This is definitely progress, however, when I watched this video I started to realize how much the animations and sounds remind me of the current slot machines. That is not necessarily a bad thing, just different from I am used to hearing out of a pin. Pinball evolution in progress.

#10 11 years ago

Code is completely different now. I think people that are new to pinball will look at this and crap their pants. Also the screen seems to make the goals much more clear to the novice player

#11 11 years ago

i'm not in for a woz because of the theme but i have to agree here, the animation is getting better and better, very promising for future pins.

... damn, that music is driving me nuts, sorry.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

This is definitely progress, however, when I watched this video I started to realize how much the animations and sounds remind me of the current slot machines.

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

Keith, please get rid of that "ding" sound ....not that my opinion really matters anymore, but still...hehe

#13 11 years ago

Yay, more "talk" about WOZ but still no game.

Based on historical JJP data I take the February ETA with a grain of salt.

Good luck Jack, the animations certainly look sweet. Do something about the music, get some inventory & you can have my money any day... In 2014 from the looks of it.

#14 11 years ago

Those "dings" will be great at drawing attention to the game on location.

Lights still on attract mode and not programmed (or not added into this update). Still looks like a LONG way to go with the programming. Not envying being Keefer at this time. Thankfully for him the games aren't ready to go out the door yet, but it sounds like they will be in early/mid March. Betting that's his deadline...

#15 11 years ago

What an improvement since the last video. Hope mine arrives within the next few months. I agree this is the next step in pins. When i saw this release , went down stairs and played XMENLE and Hulk, even though I like each of these new Sterns, there is no comparison, WOZ is a giant step forward in Quality and features. Of my 36 pins, 13, are newer sterns. When I look at each one with all they offer, and the price they were when released, I am glad that JJP is producing WOZ. If Stern was producing this pin with all that is included, it would be $10,000+.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

I don't think he is changing his delivery estimate.

What was the last deliver estimate? There have been so many I've lost track.

#17 11 years ago

What I am reading is a softening up of the WoZ customer

They will not ship in Feb, but that is not JJP fault
And the code will not be finished, but it will be playable

#18 11 years ago

WOZ or TF

WOZ

#19 11 years ago

I want to love this game,I may be alone but I almost never have time to look at the display on an dmd game so with this much on screen info,it just seem like overload.I am sure it will be great fun and we will get use to this display but that is a lot of stuff on the display to watch

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Those "dings" will be great at drawing attention to the game on location.

It's like Tuco's uncle from Breaking Bad is trapped in the game lol

#21 11 years ago

The point of the big screen and animations is not so much for the player, but for everyone around the player. To draw them in and hold their interest.

Jack has stated he's specifically trying to provide an overload of information, because today's kids are multitaskers and expect that. The more going on, the better.

#22 11 years ago

This is definitely progress, however, when I watched this video I started to realize how much the animations and sounds remind me of the current slot machines. That is not necessarily a bad thing, just different from I am used to hearing out of a pin. Pinball evolution in progress.

Indeed, fits right in Vegas.....now if I could have my dream and have it spit out coins!

I loved my old payout pinballs!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Indeed, fits right in Vegas.....now if I could have my dream and have it spit out coins!

Thats funny. I was watching the vid and my wife came running over to see. As a big fan of the slots, she immediately recognized a similarity and absolutely loves it. I get excited about pinball all the time, but its a rare thing for her to care one way or the other. Kinda cool to see her get excited.

Keep the dings!

#24 11 years ago

all these code updates.. and the playfield still looks like a christmas tree. would be nice to finally see the feature lights work for a change.

i still think the programming needs a lot of help. Those hoping for feb or march delivery....wishful thinking. i give it about june until finished.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

all these code updates.. and the playfield still looks like a christmas tree. would be nice to finally see the feature lights work for a change.
i still think the programming needs a lot of help. Those hoping for feb or march delivery....wishful thinking. i give it about june until finished.

Do you have programming credentials or are you just waxing your esp prowess?

#26 11 years ago

I so wish we could have seen more of the game play in the playfield because it clearly is much faster.

#27 11 years ago

Ugh I'm sold. I'm going to order mine in the next few weeks.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

Ugh I'm sold. I'm going to order mine in the next few weeks.

Why?

Just buy one NIB when they exist. Hell by the time they get to making your game the market will be flooded with HUO's anyway.

#29 11 years ago

Pre-Order of WOZ images.jpgimages.jpg

Ship Date of WOZ images-1.jpgimages-1.jpg

#30 11 years ago

Gotta say the new modes look pretty sweet, but not holding my breath on the ship dates. At least it looks better and better all the time, so when they do get here hopefully it will live up to all the hype.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I so wish we could have seen more of the game play in the playfield because it clearly is much faster.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm sure people will find something else to hate on, but the speed issue, I won't say is put to bed, but at least it looks to be not a super slow pin.

#32 11 years ago

Looks better with every update. Good for them on the hobbit pre-orders too.

#33 11 years ago

I think Jack is in a bit of a no-win situation here, as he wants to show progress, but not give too much away at the same time. I would bet Keith is much further along in programming than what we are seeing, but that's just a guess. These updates just whet our appetite for what I truly think is going to be a revolutionary playing experience when it's complete

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Last I heard he was hoping to start shipping units sometime in March.

#35 11 years ago

+1,000,000,000,000

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Why?
Just buy one NIB when they exist. Hell by the time they get to making your game the market will be flooded with HUO's anyway.

And what if they aren't? What if the game is a home run and people hold?

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

90 days from Nov.30th.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

And what if they aren't? What if the game is a home run and people hold?

Jack said he was going to make 15,000 WOZ machines... remember? He said the machine will be produced as long as they sell. If its a home run like you hope the inventory will just get further diluted by higher production. Honestly I welcome that, you know where NIB costs a premium?

Quoted from dgpinball:

I think Jack is in a bit of a no-win situation here, as he wants to show progress, but not give too much away at the same time. I would bet Keith is much further along in programming than what we are seeing, but that's just a guess. These updates just whet our appetite for what I truly think is going to be a revolutionary playing experience when it's complete

No dude, I think that's what you *want* to believe. Things are way behind schedule, there is no sandbagging going on with info but that's my opinion & unverifiable of course.

-----

Anyway

I hope all goes well as the animations are new ground & a great way to entice new players as they walk by.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I want to love this game,I may be alone but I almost never have time to look at the display on an dmd game so with this much on screen info,it just seem like overload.I am sure it will be great fun and we will get use to this display but that is a lot of stuff on the display to watch

I was thinking the exact same thing. I honestly think the game will be incredible, but that screen just looks so busy and impossible to follow...

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

90 days from Nov.30th.

Thanks, I had missed that one.

So it looks like a lot is riding on those boards arriving at the end of February...as well as Keith finishing the code.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No dude, I think that's what you *want* to believe. Things are way behind schedule, there is no sandbagging going on with info but that's my opinion & unverifiable of course.

So then, technically, that's what you *want* to believe.

#42 11 years ago

Lcd looks way to busy. Very cheesy also. Not loving it from that video.

#43 11 years ago

Haha, still same music.

Like the lcd part, but i think you can alot more with it. Nice update.

#44 11 years ago

Can't please everyone...

kids.jpgkids.jpg

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Jack said he was going to make 15,000 WOZ machines... remember? He said the machine will be produced as long as they sell. If its a home run like you hope the inventory will just get further diluted by higher production. Honestly I welcome that, you know where NIB costs a premium?

-----
Anyway
I hope all goes well as the animations are new ground & a great way to entice new players as they walk by.

There are 20,000 Addams Family out and its 20 years old yet still hard to find. If WOZ hits 10k or 5k production or even more over 20k if people like the pin it will not be for sale or the price will go up as one day they will stop making them and move on to the next pin. TAF now cost more than new even old beater ones sell for more than 3200. Not saying WOZ will do that but I dont see how its not going to be very desirable and draw in new players.

The LCD is great the argument of smaller seems to me its like saying I rather have one channel of tv as I can only watch one at a time anyways. I think its great to say as The Boss did in his now famous song, 57 channels and nothing on. I rather have a busy LCD to keep me entertained in a home environment in a pin as I see how that will enhance the playing experience and allow for a much deeper game. Look at all the people who want video mods on the dmd pins, here you have several options.

The pin is going to be GREAT!!!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No, I'm going by what Jack has said on several occasions that he wants there to be big surpises when people get their games home and unbox them. I liken it to movie previews, you know you are in trouble if all the best scenes are in the trailer.

#47 11 years ago

still dont see any modes in the game yet

#48 11 years ago

The new stuff on the LCD is cool and all, but those low scores are a BUZZ KILL. What's the point of getting people excited with video, to watch your score roll up by a single digit. It is so unbelievably lame, I just can't get over that part of it.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I honestly think the game will be incredible, but that screen just looks so busy and impossible to follow...

You might be right. Old people may not be able to handle what is going in this game. It might be intended for the new hip generation. Now some old people who can't even operate a remote on their tv.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

still dont see any modes in the game yet

Who Really? Twister ready!, Spell Wizard, Advance Through the Yellow Brick Road, Spell the characters names to start locking balls for emerald city multiball, Spell Haunted House, hit the winkey guards down, spell rainbow to start twister, etc.

Yep...No Modes in the game.

I think you might have to play the game to see what is going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-woz-video-new-modes-and-notice-the-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.