Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I wanted to get a dialog going with current WOZ owners on mods they are looking for. We have some in development and have already released a few on our site. There are 3 or 4 that are in development right now with prototypes being fitted and tested.

Of the current threads I've seen requests for the following. Please feel free to discuss, add to the list, give details of what you are looking for in any of these or other mods, etc. Open to all ideas, we'll make it happen

- Munchkin hut replacement
- Witch enclosure & figure replacement
- Ramp sign to cover entrance switch
- Replacement RAINBOW piece

I have a few others we are working on that aren't on this list that I don't want to share quite yet.

What else do you have in mind? I'll post some in progress shots of the stuff we're just getting ready to release soon to get any input before we start production.

#2 4 years ago

I personally love the prototype plastic of the tornado with the munchkin lights. Wish I could get one.

#3 4 years ago

Witch
Witch
Witch

#4 4 years ago

Ya... I got your vote counted delt31 Stay tuned.

megaladon ... we could do something similar. I've worked with CPR on other plastics so I could easily have them make it. I just don't really like the look... but if others want it I will do it. I am sort of not a fan of flat plastics for things like this. A 3D part looks so much better. The liorillusion sign is just like what I was considering doing, replacing flat plastics with something visual and detailed. That being said, we could make a 3D one similar to the original.

#5 4 years ago

I’d totally be in for a new hut. The stock one really looks unfinished and my eyes have to look at it a lot while playing.

A better tree sign would be cool too, same as the hut it feels thrown there and not well finished.

Overall I’m more into replacing existing parts for better ones than adding some to an already packed playfield.

Then of course pricing is important, as nice as I find the Oz mod to be, I cant wrap my mind around paying 200$ for it.

#6 4 years ago

The tree sign is ... yeah... crappy like the lane sign. But you hardly see it. Even with it lit up with my lighting kit I hardly notice it. I can whip that up pretty quickly though, so no problem there. Maybe the letters can be backlit instead of a red led sitting like a Rudolph nose on it.

#7 4 years ago

How about the flying monkey, that was a huge hit! I missed it

#8 4 years ago

I don't want to copy Steve if he is making more stuff, which is why I invested in a unique Witch idea since I thought he was done. The monkey is pretty innovative but I had some ideas for a different setup. If he is going to make more, I'd rather him do it than try and compete.

#9 4 years ago

For the tornado plastic, it sounds like there isn't going to be a way to make it light up with modes. Are you still interested @megaladon? Do you want just the flat plastic, the entire tornado with sign or just a 3D sign?

I have the tornado on my RR, so wasn't sure if maybe you wanted the tornado with the "sign" integrated.

#10 4 years ago

Thanks for this thread, private feedback and our own design thoughts we have 3 WOZ mods in production right now. One is just about done, we will be posting it this week with a re-launch of our website. And on top of that two more are in concept stage. I think everyone will be happy with all of them as they add a lot to to the game which should have been there to start with and covers much of what was asked in this thread and others. No shade, I think JJP did a fantastic job on this game and smashed some barriers that existing for a long time in pinball. I love it so much I've owned two and have just about every mod out there. But I'm a big fan of fixing and finishing off all parts of the game so it looks stock and fits together without anything odd looking. Trying to hide as many mechs as possible, remove switches and hide them, hide wires, etc. We have added a bit of fun functionality which will be optional but it's pretty cool. Microcontrollers come in quite handy

2 months later
#11 4 years ago

A few things we are working on, sneak peak of prototypes and work in progress. I think the releases will be in this order:

- Crystal ball (already for pre-order, design is finished, working on functional changes for angle adjustment)
- Munchkin hut
- Throne Room (with floating woz head, active flames and additional lighting)
- Rainbow hill (semi-transparent letters, molded flowers painted in a rainbow motif)
- Flower spotlights with custom RGB lighting allowing color and brightness controls
- Interactive Toto

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-woz-mod-development-thread-the-pinball-mod-co and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.