You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG
1395459042845.jpg
1395457379093.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Awesome, thank you! I need to swap the plastic guard.

This might sound a bit odd or overkill, but put a few dabs of hot glue on the back and or front of the screws after getting everything setup correct. The hot glue will help keep the screws from working their way loose over time form the vibrations of the game. Hot glue is easy to peel off at a later date if you need to remove the screws.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

You could also just put crazy glue on the end of the screw before tightening it.

I would not use crazy glue. Sometimes more is not better. Crazy glue might be hard to get off at a later date, you might get it on other things, and it might not work as well anyway because it does not give like hot glue. Hot glue has a rubber like consistency, so it absorbs the vibrations of the mech, and it is not all that difficult to remove later without a trace.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

There isn't a WOZ that I've had my hands in that didn't have this switch assembly loose or missing screws and/or plate. The problem is if you tighten it too much, it hangs up the switch.

I had the same issue. You definitely can over tighten the switch to the point that it does not work. I had to find a happy medium. I am confident in the hot glue method. In fact I only have one of the screws holding the switch on right now, because I was unable to find it and have not had a chance to make it to the hardware store.

I used the same hot glue method for my XMENLE to keep the screws in the center ball lock up posts. One of the up posts would shoot straight at the glass every time the screw would loosen and fall out. A little dab of hot glue cured that as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-woz-lcd-wont-come-on?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.