C732EAB9-F82A-4C3E-B358-9A6008043B5E (resized).jpeg
1C6791C8-0635-4A9E-AD7E-9C57E8888562 (resized).jpeg
3DE99FA5-AD57-4142-8C34-41EA6CF3A52F (resized).jpeg
16357ECC-820B-4F75-8BB7-72AFB8E36DE1 (resized).jpeg
D0F49A35-90D0-4791-A5A1-B4102B93B20F (resized).jpeg
20190325_0107487 (resized).jpg
ijramp3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 6 years ago

I would like to order this, but I'm not in a hurry. If you are going to be making the matching pieces in the next weeks, I'd prefer to get them all at once to save on shipping.

I know I want the ramp cover, ruins, and mini playfield.

Not interested in the torches, and I don't think I want the pop bumpers from what I have seen.

What is the back bridge and Jackpot?

For the biplane, are you going to paint and add LEDs? Are you doing just the one plane or both?

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Pre order deposit sent.
Koops
My Colour choice : brown + Matt. That is the most similar to the original idol ruin plastic?
Then if you don't make an idol replacement the. atleast the existing sets will be a closer match.
If it was likely that the idol was to be done also I would go something more fitting I suppose.
Question, how is the glass and path of adventure when tilted right clearance? One of the pictures seems to show it above the glass insert line but that could just be the angle.

This is kind of how I'm leaning as well. If the idol ruins don't happen or if I decide to leave it as original as possible, I would want it as close as possible in color so it doesn't look odd.

I would like to see a picture of it like this and maybe even a side by side with the original ruins. Will help me decide.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I would like to order this, but I'm not in a hurry. If you are going to be making the matching pieces in the next weeks, I'd prefer to get them all at once to save on shipping.
Not interested in the torches, and I don't think I want the pop bumpers from what I have seen.
For the biplane, are you going to paint and add LEDs? Are you doing just the one plane or both?

I'm really hoping a set of high quality replica airplanes happens.

This should happen before the ruins because they are absolutely ridiculous and lack detail.

I have no doubt you would sell a ton of airplanes.

The ruins could be improved but in my opinion aren't terrible.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

its going to take time and i will start to make them only after the run of this ramp will be done. the discount for the idol or next design its only if your doing the pre-order until Friday. about the shipping your right but in my country i cant ship over 2 kgs. my ramp is 1.8 kgs and the idol ruins will be like 1.5 kgs. so shipping will be the same i think... i recommend you and for all to get in the pre-order now because im not sure if i will make another run. its depends on how much orders i will get. and you can help now to get the price lower...

the lite jackpot going to be with stones and bricks designs with leds
the bridge i didnt decide yet... but going to be a bridge hahah like from the movie.
im going to make only the bi plane. for the fighter plane i will post free diy guide its very easy. im going to do 2 bi planes one with servo motor and led and one without but first idol ruins after mini pf after bi plane. i almost done with the design of the bi plane but i will post it only after the first run of this ramp.

you can join to the pre-order now and to get the discount and if you dont want the ramp i promise to refund you the 20$

Quoted from Psw757:

This is kind of how I'm leaning as well. If the idol ruins don't happen or if I decide to leave it as original as possible, I would want it as close as possible in color so it doesn't look odd.
I would like to see a picture of it like this and maybe even a side by side with the original ruins. Will help me decide.

im going to make the idol ruins for sure. i will also offer a service of re paint your old idol ruins for 35-80$ if you will buy my ramp. you can ship it to me and i will ship it back to you with your ramp. or i can do your ramp in the same style of the idol ruins. to make it like the idol ruins its only 2-3 colors and its will looks like not real but i can make it.

Quoted from Psw757:

I'm really hoping a set of high quality replica airplanes happens.
This should happen before the ruins because they are absolutely ridiculous and lack detail.
I have no doubt you would sell a ton of airplanes.
The ruins could be improved but in my opinion aren't terrible.

your right! and yes i will make the bi plane in a month or less. the design is ready.

#205 6 years ago

let me ask a question...
who wants to see the new ramp with the idol colors?
who waiting for the idol ruins so he didnt sign in because he waiting for the idol ruins?
which color you want to see?

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

let me ask a question...
who wants to see the new ramp with the idol colors?
who waiting for the idol ruins so he didnt sign in because he waiting for the idol ruins?
which color you want to see?

I would like to see what ramp looks like painted in idol ruins colors asnim unsure I will replace the idol ruins.

You can sign me up for airplanes too

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would like to see what ramp looks like painted in idol ruins colors asnim unsure I will replace the idol ruins.
You can sign me up for airplanes too

to sign up for the plane is far away...

#208 6 years ago

here is a video of the test with the mini pf and the ball... as you can see. no problem

#209 6 years ago

its going to take time and i will start to make them only after the run of this ramp will be done. the discount for the idol or next design its only if your doing the pre-order until Friday. about the shipping your right but in my country i cant ship over 2 kgs. my ramp is 1.8 kgs and the idol ruins will be like 1.5 kgs. so shipping will be the same i think... i recommend you and for all to get in the pre-order now because im not sure if i will make another run. its depends on how much orders i will get. and you can help now to get the price lower...
the lite jackpot going to be with stones and bricks designs with leds
the bridge i didnt decide yet... but going to be a bridge hahah like from the movie.
im going to make only the bi plane. for the fighter plane i will post free diy guide its very easy. im going to do 2 bi planes one with servo motor and led and one without but first idol ruins after mini pf after bi plane. i almost done with the design of the bi plane but i will post it only after the first run of this ramp.
you can join to the pre-order now and to get the discount and if you dont want the ramp i promise to refund you the 20$

im going to make the idol ruins for sure. i will also offer a service of re paint your old idol ruins for 35-80$ if you will buy my ramp. you can ship it to me and i will ship it back to you with your ramp. or i can do your ramp in the same style of the idol ruins. to make it like the idol ruins its only 2-3 colors and its will looks like not real but i can make it.

your right! and yes i will make the bi plane in a month or less. the design is ready.

OK, I went ahead and sent in the pre-order.

#210 6 years ago

I sent my pre-order last night

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, I went ahead and sent in the pre-order.

t.b thats you? and thanks!

#212 6 years ago

ok guys here is more update about the color.
people was asking me glossy or matt? so i decide to make another version of color and to match this color like the original idol ruins. i can do it more orange with less details. with less brown or green. i can also re paint your idol ruins like that. but like i said im going to make new idol ruins design soon!
please let me know before you order which color you want if you want any changes.

the matt looks amazing and also the glossy looks cool in the machine. all glossy photos are with bright lights or flash. in real life the mod looks way better. so here is my color and texture design to match it for the idol ruins. please let me know what you think

for more and better photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156867125@N07/albums/72157685761356360

PINSIDE COLOR 2 RAMP MATT (resized).jpgPINSIDE COLOR 2 RAMP MATT (resized).jpg

PINSIDE COLOR 2 RAMP GLOSSY (resized).jpgPINSIDE COLOR 2 RAMP GLOSSY (resized).jpg

MATT

20170902_194237 (resized).jpg20170902_194237 (resized).jpg

20170902_194217 (resized).jpg20170902_194217 (resized).jpg

MY OPINION IS MATT COAT ITS LOOKING MORE REAL AND NOT LIKE A PLASTIC...

#213 6 years ago

Deposit sent

#214 6 years ago

Deposit Sent!
Looking Great!
I've been in since Post#4.

#215 6 years ago

anyone wants to see it in grey?

#216 6 years ago

anyone wants to see it in grey?

Yes!

#217 6 years ago

here is the list of the people who join to the pre-order. please contact me if your not here or if you paid to get in
PAID:
The pin_dude
KornFreak28
Thebigdog
Ericpinballfan
Wdpvideo
Mayboyz
Frogger
Koops
Cheeks
Gouviea
Dendoc
King_jelly
Smokinjoe73
Jeffspinballpalace
Drano
Tractordoc
WAITING FOR RESPOND/DEPOSIT:
Billsfanmd
Jbovenzi
Tonycip
soulrider911
silver_bullet
Latinfantom
Psw757
Tonycip
Volkdrive
Orbian
joeinnj
Sohchx
pinballer3
Pingod
Keys 88
FOR NOW I GOT JUST 16. IF I'M NOT GOING TO GET OVER 25. I WILL REFUND THE 20$ AND I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE THE MOD.
Added over 7 years ago: 17
Added over 7 years ago: 18
Added over 7 years ago: 19- only 6 more!!!!!
Added over 7 years ago: 20. ONLY 5 MORE FOR THE FIRST RUN!!!!
Added over 7 years ago: 23. ONLY 2 MORE FOR THE FIRST RUN!!!!

Added over 7 years ago: 24!!!!! only 1 more for the first run!

#218 6 years ago

Wondering how we can get you more press, exposure? Its also a vacation holiday weekend in states.
There is the google groups. The Aussie forum.
Ebay if needed.
I get the desire to make 25/50 and have them instantly sold. However, over the next 6 months as guys put these in and it gets attention it will catch on.
Look at Gouviea witch well and red smoke mod for woz. Hes a great example of something catching on made in small batches.
Fyi, ive been working on a part/mod for over a year. Very expensive. In the 25k range. My advantage is i developed with distributors in mind first. Getting there opinions and knowledge early on. Very glad i did. The part/mod would not have been doable with close to 60% presold thru the larger parts distributors.

#219 6 years ago

FOR NOW I GOT JUST 11. IF I'M NOT GOING TO GET OVER 25 UNTIL FRIDAY. I WILL REFUND THE 20$ AND I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE THE MOD.

Im also confused by this. Whats the hurry, why give up by friday? Give it a few weeks, month. If you not at 50. Hang it up. But also feel a few of us would be willing to spend a few more bucks for the small run.
Try a marketplace add here on pinside to.

#220 6 years ago

PM sent. Please sign me up!

Marshall

#221 6 years ago

As someone who makes a mod for sale, I recommend just making small batches and selling first come, first served when they're finished. Interest lists are a waste of time, in my experience. You're lucky to hear back from half the people on the list when you reach out, and half of the people who respond back when the mod is ready will have a reason they don't want the mod anymore (no money, sold game, life event, changed mind ).

Use the forum to drum up interest, make some, sell them, rinse and repeat.

#222 6 years ago

Lior! What's the rush? Why only until Friday?? Why not wait until you get the 25 you need and then make the mod?? We can wait! I just think rushing the pre-order is not a good idea! Lots of people aren't aware of this mod yet, lots of people are on vacation this weekend. Why rush the pre-order?

#223 6 years ago

if i was you i'd go 50 now, no worries even if you only have 25 or 30 the rest will sell, easily.
when the others see this installed, you'll need to make more, they will sell.

#224 6 years ago

Deposit sent. Thanks

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Lior! What's the rush? Why only until Friday?? Why not wait until you get the 25 you need and then make the mod?? We can wait! I just think rushing the pre-order is not a good idea! Lots of people aren't aware of this mod yet, lots of people are on vacation this weekend. Why rush the pre-order?

Fully agree. Lior, keep in mind, many of us waiting for the look of your ruin design. Your design is simply too nice next to original ruin - look of the game will be unbalanced.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

As someone who makes a mod for sale, I recommend just making small batches and selling first come, first served when they're finished. Interest lists are a waste of time, in my experience. You're lucky to hear back from half the people on the list when you reach out, and half of the people who respond back when the mod is ready will have a reason they don't want the mod anymore (no money, sold game, life event, changed mind ).

Yes!

Quoted from KornFreak28:Lior! What's the rush? Why only until Friday?? Why not wait until you get the 25 you need and then make the mod?? We can wait! I just think rushing the pre-order is not a good idea! Lots of people aren't aware of this mod yet, lots of people are on vacation this weekend. Why rush the pre-order?

Yes!

Quoted from beatmaster:if i was you i'd go 50 now, no worries even if you only have 25 or 30 the rest will sell, easily.

...and Yes!

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wondering how we can get you more press, exposure? Its also a vacation holiday weekend in states.
There is the google groups. The Aussie forum.
Ebay if needed.
I get the desire to make 25/50 and have them instantly sold. However, over the next 6 months as guys put these in and it gets attention it will catch on.
Look at Gouviea witch well and red smoke mod for woz. Hes a great example of something catching on made in small batches.
Fyi, ive been working on a part/mod for over a year. Very expensive. In the 25k range. My advantage is i developed with distributors in mind first. Getting there opinions and knowledge early on. Very glad i did. The part/mod would not have been doable with close to 60% presold thru the larger parts distributors.

pinball mods is not my work its just a hobby. i have another projects from my main work like star wars and Halloween. i must cast the first run before Halloween and im not paying 5000$+ for the first casting and without selling it...
i post it in the au forum. and i cant sell it in ebay or other mod shops because they are taking fees and a lot! in this mod i have very tiny profit so i cant make it and im not taking profit from my time.... the price im selling here will be the same if im selling it for someone who takes 10 pieces...
i know i will get more orders when the idol ruins will be done. but i really want to start the casting in friday. if people wants to wait 1-2 months to get the mod no problem

Quoted from winteriscoming:

yes your right its happen to me before for my other mods but in this mod i cant do it. i must make 25 pieces i cant make less... only when i will sell over 80 i will start to make money so i really dont want to waste more time and more money on it. i prefer to work on the idol ruins and spent the time and money there....
BTW your mods are amazing!!!!!

Quoted from KornFreak28:

ok so thats what im going to do. the discount if you buy this mod and get discount for my next designs will be only until Friday! after friday no discount for my other designs... i will wait until 25 orders and im sorry if you will get your mod after 1-2 months... i will start to take the money for the full order only when i will start to make them...

Quoted from beatmaster:

if i was you i'd go 50 now, no worries even if you only have 25 or 30 the rest will sell, easily.

yes your right its always like that. like my neons and my other mods i did...

#228 6 years ago

I have tried to help by posting in the IJ thread with a link to this thread. How about some of you guys help out and post and let others know?

#229 6 years ago

I think this is such a great mod that all IJ owners need to have

#230 6 years ago

Lior,
You really have no need to worry about this, everyone knows these will sell easily. Especially once they are finished, and we post/send you pictures of these great additions to our game. There are a lot of IJ games, and most are in collectors hands. I would bet you if you made 100 now, they will all sell.
Now onto other things, lets see this Star Wars creation you're are working on...
And, when are you going to make an improved exploding Death Star for my SWLE? )

#231 6 years ago

BTW, I don't think I told you what color I wanted. I want the brown. The Matte looks really nice, but maybe a little unfinished. The glossy looks amazing also, but maybe a little too glossy ..... what about a semi-gloss?
I trust you're opinion, since they all look awesome just send me whatever and surprise me.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Lior,
You really have no need to worry about this, everyone knows these will sell easily. Especially once they are finished, and we post/send you pictures of these great additions to our game. There are a lot of IJ games, and most are in collectors hands. I would bet you if you made 100 now, they will all sell.
Now onto other things, lets see this Star Wars creation you're are working on...
And, when are you going to make an improved exploding Death Star for my SWLE? )

thanks man! im not working on sw pinball. im working on real bb8 for someone. and also for me... im not going to touch any pinball now just ij for 4 months. i just finish with the plane and lite jackpot and now im working on the idol ruin i wish its will be ready next week or more... (going to post the photos only after the first run)

Quoted from TheBigDog:

BTW, I don't think I told you what color I wanted. I want the brown. The Matte looks really nice, but maybe a little unfinished. The glossy looks amazing also, but maybe a little too glossy ..... what about a semi-gloss?
I trust you're opinion, since they all look awesome just send me whatever and surprise me.

i sent you pm about that. trust me take the matt

#233 6 years ago

So are we looking at several months to receive ramp mod now?

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So are we looking at several months to receive ramp mod now?

now i have 18 who wants and paid. i will start to make them when i will get 25 people. to make the first casting will take me a week. and after i will make one by one. the first people who sign in will get it faster. the last will get it slower. i will start the second run when i will get another 25 orders and its will takes like 1-3 months from now. so if you want yours fast be sure to sign in fast. if you sign in until Friday you will have a discount for my other ij designs thanks

#235 6 years ago

Hi Lior,

What will be the estimated cost for the ruins with the discount once they are finished?

#236 6 years ago

So what is everyone's consensus color on best match to the original ruins?

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Hi Lior,
What will be the estimated cost for the ruins with the discount once they are finished?

I still dont know. But the ruins are more bigger from this mod so the price will be the same +/- i will know it only when i will make one. Discount will be 10-20$ from the next shipping and another 10-20$ from the item and i will also give a small gift for the ij for the first run

Quoted from Psw757:

If you dont want to get my design for the idol ruins so go with the orange matt. Borwn looks more real. And you can also get the orange and if you will buy the idol ruins so get them also in orange. If you want to make it looks the same like the original idol i can make yours like that with less details just let me know.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think orange/brown

#239 6 years ago

Absolutely love this mod, the sculpture is beautiful! The paint job seems a little muddy though. The fine details get kinda lost. Would be cool if it was more defined and if the green areas were more pronounced.

jungle-temple-pathway-rick-drent (resized).jpgjungle-temple-pathway-rick-drent (resized).jpg

stock-photo-ficus-strangulosa-tree-growing-over-a-doorway-in-the-ancient-ruins-of-ta-prohm-at-the-angkor-wat-75696943 (resized).jpgstock-photo-ficus-strangulosa-tree-growing-over-a-doorway-in-the-ancient-ruins-of-ta-prohm-at-the-angkor-wat-75696943 (resized).jpg

cambodia (resized).jpgcambodia (resized).jpg

#240 6 years ago

And as far as matching the original ruins, i wouldn't bother trying to match it as your mod for the ruins around the idol should match what you are doing here.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Absolutely love this mod, the sculpture is beautiful! The paint job seems a little muddy though. Would be cool if it was more defined and if the green areas were more pronounced.

Thanks man! The paint looks like that because the camera. Im using chemicals to get this texture. But if i will make 1 brick by one the mod going to be 1000$ hahaha look on my first model with the paint, the tiki head. I did there real moss. I can add it if someone wants just tell me before and if you like the sculpture, wait to the idol ruins... you will be in shock! I promise! Look in my other photos in the link. You can see there the green...

I just saw the photos in your post. And for me its to much green. Thats what im thinking. Like i said. If anyone wants any changes just contact me and i will do it
BTW the temple in your photos are grey its angkor temple in cambodia. And thats why i like the grey!

#242 6 years ago

Yeah, the moss effect was awesome! Maybe for the very picky, impossible to please customer like me you could maybe offer an unpainted version that i could go to town on.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah, the moss effect was awesome! Maybe for the very picky, impossible to please customer like me you could maybe offer an unpainted version that i could go to town on.

Im sorry but no way to get it without the paint. I did it before but not going to do that again also for 1000$ i can paint yours as you want without extra money. But im not going to sell it to someone who wants to do re paint to my mod. Sorry... i promise to make yours as you want until you like it. I did textures to disney to movies to theme parks and more. But i cant do 16 hours of paint job for 15$

#244 6 years ago

I agree. I think the greens should be a little more pronounced and I think you should do one in grey with some greenery. I think the brown looks cool but would like to see it in grey if its not too much extra work for you. Who knows, you might get a lot more people to pre-order the mod

#245 6 years ago

Lior please post again the picture you are talking about with the grey

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I agree. I think the greens should be a little more pronounced and I think you should do one in grey with some greenery. I think the brown looks cool but would like to see it in grey if its not too much extra work for you. Who knows, you might get a lot more people to pre-order the mod

Yes its extra work for me.... but maybe i will do it. And you can see the photos in page 1

#247 6 years ago

Yes its extra work for me.... but maybe i will do it. And you can see the photos in page 1

I just saw the pictures...oh yeah, grey looks awesome! Honestly it's a toss up between grey and brown.

Don't worry, I'm sure if you make one in grey it will sell fast

I also think it would be a good idea for the idol ruins and ramp mod to be a little diffrent from each other. Maybe one grey and one brown. In the movies, some ruins are brown and some are grey. Just ideas

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just saw the pictures...oh yeah, grey looks awesome! Honestly it's a toss up between grey and brown.
Don't worry, I'm sure if you make one in grey it will sell fast
I also think it would be a good idea for the idol ruins and ramo mod to be a little diffrent from each other. Maybe one grey and one brown. In the movies, some ruins are brown and some are grey. Just ideas

My first idea was to make it in grey but people was thinking im crazy haha but im giving the choice to the people. I will make one in grey soon.

#249 6 years ago

Something like this, darker definition between the rocks. Here's some examples of painted scale models.

Dungeon7_zps5a3a208f (resized).jpgDungeon7_zps5a3a208f (resized).jpg

wall sections (resized).jpgwall sections (resized).jpg

diorama-stone-wall-tutorial-11 (resized).pngdiorama-stone-wall-tutorial-11 (resized).png

Rock-Molds-20-211 (resized).jpgRock-Molds-20-211 (resized).jpg

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Something like this, darker definition between the rocks. Here's some examples of painted scale models.

when your getting yours tell me if its like that or not and like i said IN THE PHOTOS ITS NOT LOOKING LIKE IN REAL LIFE IN REAL LIFE ITS LOOKING WAYYYY BETTER. so please let me know after you see it in person

and for something with a lot of details you need to pay more. people here told me to make less because the price and my time. so you want to pay for it 1000$? i will be happy to work on it for 12 hours to paint it 1 by 1

btw my model as you can see is brown or orange. the space between the rocks are not big

please look in post #195
"If you want me to customize your wall or paint it any color I will do it for you! I can also make it looks like the same texture and color from the original idol ruins in the game Just contact me before you order."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-work-in-progress-indiana-jones-ramp-cover-mod/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.