C732EAB9-F82A-4C3E-B358-9A6008043B5E (resized).jpeg
1C6791C8-0635-4A9E-AD7E-9C57E8888562 (resized).jpeg
3DE99FA5-AD57-4142-8C34-41EA6CF3A52F (resized).jpeg
16357ECC-820B-4F75-8BB7-72AFB8E36DE1 (resized).jpeg
D0F49A35-90D0-4791-A5A1-B4102B93B20F (resized).jpeg
20190325_0107487 (resized).jpg
ijramp3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

ok guys here is something real finally! i just test 10% of the model print it and paint it. im still not sure about the color maybe i will remove some green. and what you think about the color in this style? or the color style like the idol ruins? this model is not done yet. i need to add more textures and details to it. like i said im going to do 3 designs and colors for that. and im still working on new idol ruins and they also going to be in 3 colors designs.
in the photos here its not looking like in real life. in real life its looks bettttter!!! but i will be happy to know what you think.

Looks awesome!!! Please change the color to an egyptian temple brown color. Maybe add some patches of dark green to simulate mold and it should look like a million bucks! How about some vines? Just ideas....

Do one in brown so we can compare. Thanks!

IMG_2123 (resized).PNGIMG_2123 (resized).PNG

#52 6 years ago

I agree on the yellow, fits the machine better. I also think this should be combined with the existing ruin. So both get the same look and feel. If you place this mod on the left the right side of the machine will look to simple.

#53 6 years ago

I have vines and branches there but i didnt print them. And yes my first idea was to make it in yellow and brown. People here told me to make it in grey so thats why i did it.... and like i said im also going to make the idol ruins i will upload photo in few hours...

#54 6 years ago

ii think is should be more brown color like the other side

#55 6 years ago

Great work! Looks amazing!
Ill buy one for sure when your ready.

#56 6 years ago

i did some test now to make it looks likes the color of the idol ruins but when its in the same color of the idol ruins its looks like them like cheap plastic toy. i will upload photos soon. if you still want to see it in yellow orange kind i will make. i want to make it looks real not like plastic! will do what you want hahah

#57 6 years ago

here is with the new color design. like i said in my last post im open for feedback about the colors. the design still not done and i need to add more details and texture. in real life its looks better!!!

pinside preview color 2 (resized).jpgpinside preview color 2 (resized).jpg
345342534534d5 (resized).jpg345342534534d5 (resized).jpg
54643654643 (resized).jpg54643654643 (resized).jpg
264645645 (resized).jpg264645645 (resized).jpg

#58 6 years ago

I get why people are saying go with the yellow/orange tones, but there is already SO much yellow and orange on the playfield. I think, while not historically accurate, that the dark gray version looks better because of the contrast. Both look great though.

#59 6 years ago

here is with the new color design. like i said in my last post im open for feedback about the colors. the design still not done and i need to add more details and texture. in real life its looks better!!!

Well done! I really like this look. Some people prefer the grey look, I would go for the brown look....Maybe you can make it in both colors, keep everyone happy

#60 6 years ago

Just noticed your fighter plane back there. Is that die cast? Does the propeller spin?

#61 6 years ago

Can the left ruin be larger? Maybe cover the large metal ramp. Would be cool to have ball emerge from a cave/ruin

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Just noticed your fighter plane back there. Is that die cast? Does the propeller spin?

yes bought it in ebay for 12$ hahah

Quoted from Cheeks:

I get why people are saying go with the yellow/orange tones, but there is already SO much yellow and orange on the playfield. I think, while not historically accurate, that the dark gray version looks better because of the contrast. Both look great though.

like i said im going to do 3 designs and thanks!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Can the left ruin be larger? Maybe cover the large metal ramp. Would be cool to have ball emerge from a cave/ruin

uh...have you not gone back and seen what he's actually trying to do? This thread is only 2 pages long.

Looking great, Lior. A very strong 9 and a half!!

#64 6 years ago

Looking at the "big picture" I think that whatever design and color you come up with should complement the idol ruins plastic. Therefore, I think you should design/fabricate a new ruins plastic to mirror this mod. Then if you settle in on a gray variation you could offer a ruins plastic in the identical gray shade. Just my $.02. (an IJ owner and interested in adding this mod to my game).

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

Looking at the "big picture" I think that whatever design and color you come up with should complement the idol ruins plastic. Therefore, I think you should design/fabricate a new ruins plastic to mirror this mod. Then if you settle in on a gray variation you could offer a ruins plastic in the identical gray shade. Just my $.02. (an IJ owner and interested in adding this mod to my game).

yes thats what im doing. you can read my post and my comment. im working on 6 new designs to the ij. also for mini pf and lite jackpot. and thanks!!!!

Quoted from gouveia:

uh...have you not gone back and seen what he's actually trying to do? This thread is only 2 pages long.
Looking great, Lior. A very strong 9 and a half!!

yes your right hahah i have it on the post and 9 and half!??! so maybe neon pink with 3 girls?

#66 6 years ago

Four girls. I changed my mind.

#67 6 years ago

here is the link for the plane if anyone wants. great item! i test over 10 this was the best!

ebay.com link: 1 48 Messerschmitt Bf 109 Fighter Plastic Assemble Model 6 color choose

#68 6 years ago

here is the link for the plane if anyone wants. great item! i test over 10 this was the best!
ebay.com link » 1 48 Messerschmitt Bf 109 Fighter Plastic Assemble Model 6 Color Choose

Just ordered. Sadly, will make my biplane look like a mcdonalds toy. Any thoughts on that one?

#69 6 years ago

Wish it was diecast, metal. Been looking.

Quoted from liorillusion:here is the link for the plane if anyone wants. great item! i test over 10 this was the best!
ebay.com link » 1 48 Messerschmitt Bf 109 Fighter Plastic Assemble Model 6 Color Choose

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Just ordered. Sadly, will make my biplane look like a mcdonalds toy. Any thoughts on that one?

I agree and had the same thoughts. Let me know if you do find anything. I ordered one as well. For less than $14, could hardly go wrong. Wish all mods were that friendly to the wallet.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

hahah yes i order some but they looks like toy or to small or not like the movie... i really hate the original plane! looks like a cheap toy! maybe i will make new one...

#73 6 years ago

hahah yes i order some but they looks like toy or to small or not like the movie... i really hate the original plane! looks like a cheap toy! maybe i will make new one...

Please do!

#74 6 years ago

Good quality replica airplanes are the one mod that I'm puzzled nobody has built in large quantity, they are really needed.

I would buy one of each immediately!

#75 6 years ago

I can't believe that I am just seeing this thread!!! This is a much needed mod for sure and I am already sold.

#76 6 years ago

A new Bi-Plane would sell incredibly well, to me...

#77 6 years ago

i need to get fees for the plane hahahah im kidding. here is the last update. the front part is done in 100% i need to make some holes so you will see the ball. the part in the back is not done yet... what do you think?

21081983_10210225274370099_1241004413_o (resized).png21081983_10210225274370099_1241004413_o (resized).png
20961034_10210225273650081_742743012_o (resized).png20961034_10210225273650081_742743012_o (resized).png

#78 6 years ago

So very cool! Nice work.

#79 6 years ago

Looks incredible! Can't wait to get this mod!!!

#80 6 years ago

I predict if the price is right, you will sell a boatload of these. I know you have tons of time and much overhead, but I'm hoping the overhead costs will get distributed through volume sales. This mod looks incredible so far and I can't imagine an IJ owner out there who wouldn't want one.

#81 6 years ago

print it and install it, would love to see that.

#82 6 years ago

Very nice work! I'd be interested in this for my IJ.

#83 6 years ago

I'm thinking about selling my IJ to fund other new games coming out, and I'm still interested in buying this. That's how cool it looks.

#84 6 years ago

Put me on the list. This is a way cool mod for IJ.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I predict if the price is right, you will sell a boatload of these. I know you have tons of time and much overhead, but I'm hoping the overhead costs will get distributed through volume sales. This mod looks incredible so far and I can't imagine an IJ owner out there who wouldn't want one.

to be honest im almost 800 hours in this model and spent tons but tons of money maybe 10 filaments!!!! to paint the small model like i post here takes me 2 hours i dont want to think about all the model. to get this textures i need to make 10 layers of paint and im also doing after the print some add ons by hand. the mod not going to be lees from 250-350$ its not cheap mod. like i said your not buying only the plastic and the paint. some of the mods there are only toy from ebay and people sell it for tons of money. also decals they cost only 20$ to make. you need to understand its not only the print not only the toy its the time of the person who working on it. its the idea. its all. with all of the feedback's and comments you giving me so much power and happiness i want to give it for free for all the supports. im very nice person. if i can help for someone im doing it for free. you can ask some pinside members. but about this mod like i said im over. i have bad day today the worst one! and i really dont have power to work on it. i will get back to this in Sunday - Monday. again thank you all for your love and feedback's your awesome!!!! without you the mod was looking like shit!!!!

btw im going to make this mod in pre order for the first time. im not going to make them and wait to people to buy it. when i post my torch set 15 people told me they want but when i ask for money i got only 8 buyers. and the mods was ready. i will open a list to sign in for this mod soon when its will be ready in 100% and like i said in all other mods. if i will get over 20-50 orders the price will be less for sure. also if anyone going to buy this mod i will give a gift and some discount in my future ij designs. i almost done the idol ruins and mini pf rails but i will post all when i will finish this mod

#86 6 years ago

to be honest im almost 800 hours in this model and spent tons but tons of money maybe 10 filaments!!!! to paint the small model like i post here takes me 2 hours i dont want to think about all the model. to get this textures need to make 10 layers of paint and im also doing after the print some add ons by hand. the mod not going to be lees from 250-350$ its not chap mod. like i said your not buying only the plastic and the paint. some of the mods there are only toy from ebay and people sell it for tons of money. also decals they cost only 20$ to make. you need to understand its not only the print not only the toy its the time of the person who working on it. its the idea. its all. with all of the feedback's and comments you giving me so much power and happiness i want to give it for free for all the supports. im very nice person. if i can help for someone im doing it for free. you can ask some pinside members. but about this mod like i said im over. i have bad day today the worst one! and i really dont have power to work on it. i will get back to this in Sunday - Monday. again thank you all for your love and feedback's your awesome!!!! without you the mod was looking like shit!!!!
btw im going to make this mod in pre order for first time. im not going to make them and wait to people to buy it. hen i post my torch 15 people told me they want but when i ask for money i got only 8 buyers. i will open a list to sign in for this mod soon when its will be ready in 100% and like i said in all other mods. if i will get over 20-50 orders the price will be less for sure. also if anyone going to buy this mod i will give a gift and 10% in my future ij designs. i almost done the idol ruins and mini pf rails but i will post all when i will finish this mod

I'm with you Lior! This is a ton of work. Take a break and get back to it fresh next week! I'll be on the pre-order list for sure! Thank you for your creativity!

#87 6 years ago

I'll be on the pre-order too. Thanks for doing this!!
Looks like I missed the eBay auction on the plane, dang it!

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

I'll be on the pre-order too. Thanks for doing this!!
Looks like I missed the eBay auction on the plane, dang it!

12 was in stock omg so many people bought it from my link hahah i want fees hahah. i just sent him message in ebay. i will update if he will have more. i cant find more in ebay....

and thank you

#89 6 years ago

I've known Lior for a couple years now. He's not a special effects person for no reason. The time he puts in to get something right is staggering. I can't wait to see the final product.

#90 6 years ago

id love to see pictures of any other work you've done, pinball or not...

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

id love to see pictures of any other work you've done, pinball or not...

this is the most harder part for me to do hahah i did tons of things very hard to choose. here is some of my last creations... in the drawing is some of my best creations and hobby's. not all but only some maybe 2% hahah. you can always pm me and i will send you my facebook. you can see my mods also here in pinside. go to my profile and look in my topics.

lior (resized).jpglior (resized).jpg
pinside (resized).jpgpinside (resized).jpg

#92 6 years ago

this is the most harder part for me to do hahah i did tons of things very hard to choose. here is some of my last creations... in the drawing is some of my best creations and hobby's. not all but only some maybe 2% hahah. you can always pm me and i will send you my facebook. you can see my mods also here in pinside. go to my profile and look in my topics.

Wow! You made R2-D2? I want one! How much?

You are in a totally different league! I had no idea you created such cool things!

#93 6 years ago

I agree, how much is R2D2? Does he move? light up?

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow! You made R2-D2? I want one! How much?
You are in a totally different league! I had no idea you created such cool things!

Quoted from TheBigDog:

I agree, how much is R2D2? Does he move? light up?

hahah thanks! r2d2 sold before like 2 years ago... you dont want to know what was the price... i made it for someone in the usa. the r2d2 was doing all like in the movie! and some extra. i have some photos and videos in my facebook. im going to make new one soon and also working now in huge sw project and im making a real bb8

#95 6 years ago

hahah r2d2 sold before like 2 years ago... you dont want to know what was the price... hahaha like 5 nib pinball machines made it for someone in the usa. the r2d2 was doing all like in the movie! and some extra. i have some photos and videos in my facebook. im going to make new one soon and also working now in huge sw project and im making real bb8

Wow! A fully working R2-D2 and BB8! Now that is awesome right there! As you can tell by my avatar, The TIE fighter pilot character is my favorite! As I said earlier, you are in a different league! Glad you have the time to make pinball mods to feed our mod addiction

#96 6 years ago

ok guys. quick update! im almost done and im thinking about the price.... before im printing i want to know which color you prefer and want to see first. the grey version or the brown?

btw i showed this model to my friends and they didn't believe its 3d printed hahaha

pinside preview color 2 (resized).jpgpinside preview color 2 (resized).jpgpinside ij preview (resized).jpgpinside ij preview (resized).jpg

#97 6 years ago

They both look really good, but I'm partial to the brown.

#98 6 years ago

Have you done things like this with LED's? For example, a light that shines up on it from the bottom extensions? Or flashes down from where the ball comes out?

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Have you done things like this with LED's? For example, a light that shines up on it from the bottom extensions? Or flashes down from where the ball comes out?

i can do that. its very easy but i dont think its will looks good and i will tell you why... its stone texture you cant see light from the stones in real life. i can make it if someone want its will be easy and cheap but i dont want to make my mod cheap looking. i was thinking to do lights on the eyes of the tiki skull but in real life its never with leds. when im doing something im doing it in 1000% i want to make it looks real and amazing thats why im working on big projects with big company's... im over perfectionist!!!!
but if someone want to add leds i will be happy to make it or to add spot lights to that. if someone wants i can also add r2d2 on the mod hahahahha im kidding...

#100 6 years ago

Brown...they do both look good.
What am I going to do with the right side now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-work-in-progress-indiana-jones-ramp-cover-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.