New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 263294)

New Wonka CE Machine

By Harmonic-Homes

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Hi All,

I bought a new Wonka CE about 4 weeks ago after falling in love with my Wonka LE. I was able to sell and upgrade to the CE. It shipped straight from JJP and has been randomly crashing every since. There does not seem to be a common event or playfield item that causes it. It is randomly and usually happens 15min - ? After you start a game. It doesn’t happen every game but does crash every day at least once.

Here is what I have done with JJP support:

Unplugged usb camera, led strip

Installed a dedicated 20 amp power outlet for the game.

Checked all wires and connections multiple times for loose connections. None.

Checked game logs and events, nothing shows up as root cause.

Replaced ATX power supply

Replaced motherboard, cpu, and memory

Running 1.33 code

Still crashes after all of this, does anyone have any ideas?

#2 7 months ago

Enter ltg

#3 7 months ago

Reinstall code???

#4 7 months ago

bad solid state drive

#5 7 months ago

I will try a full reinstall and a new drive, I have some high scores that I was afraid to lose. Is there a way to preserve those? Thanks for the feedback guys.

#6 7 months ago
Quoted from Harmonic-Homes:

Is there a way to preserve those?

Utilities - Settings - Back up, and later restore. Put them on a USB stick.

LTG : )

#7 7 months ago

Hi LTG, thanks for the comment. Do you think I should try a reinstall of code first or skip that and get a new SSD? Cant wait to get back to Wonka, awesome machine.

#8 7 months ago

Do you think I should try a reinstall of code first or skip

I'd try that. If you then have to try a new SSD, you'll already have the full install on a USB stick ready to go.

Nothing lost.

#9 7 months ago

Great thanks will do, glad to have you on the forum helping people. I have all the JJP games and Wonka is pretty close in fun factor to pirates even. Looking forward to the next game you guys release.

1 week later
#10 7 months ago

LTG and all,

Still need help, first I tried a fresh full install and update to 1.33 on the original drive. Random reboots persist. Stephen from JJP support suggested a new drive after the other troubleshooting steps above haven’t worked. The new drive was installed and full install performed. We are still getting random reboots. It just happened less than 10 min in to the first game we played. Again this was a new in box install just a few weeks ago and we have pretty much replaced every component in the machine including cpu, motherboard, ram, aTX power supply, and reboots persist. Is anyone else having this problem? Any advice LTG?

#11 7 months ago

Call Barry on Monday. Maybe he has an idea we haven't thought of.

You've covered the major issues.

#12 7 months ago

Ok, can you please let me know how to get in touch with Barry via PM if needed? Thanks, I’ll update the thread if we can figure it out.

#13 7 months ago

Just sent.

I’ll update the thread if we can figure it out.

Thank you !

#14 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just sent.

Thank you !

Crazyyyy question #LTG but as I seen you help someone with this simple question before. Are you 100% sure the main Plug is FULLY seated and installed in the back of the game??

#15 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Crazyyyy question #LTG but as I seen you help someone with this simple question before. Are you 100% sure the main Plug is FULLY seated and installed in the back of the game??

You have a good point.

Be sure outlet is good, service cord into back of game good. Unplug game and open up metal box over on/off switch and check for loose connectors. Check any at rear of cabinet where power comes in.

You could also plug something into service outlet and leave it on for awhile and see if it goes on/off or stays on.

#16 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Be sure outlet is good,

This got me to thinking more. Plug something into that outlet with a load, like a vacuum cleaner or something. Let it run for a half hour or so. See if it stays steady.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a failing circuit breaker burning or something causing the power to go up and down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,500.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside