• Latest reply 10 years ago by Riffbear
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Noodle.jpg
Capture.JPG
Bumper_Action_Amusements._Depositor_Ci.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago

#152 10 years ago

What I cant understand in all this is why someone would buy the old Bumper and reopen using the name Bumper action?

When you purchase a business and its name one of things you are buying is goodwill and from what I have heard through this whole sordid mess I would not buy a box of matches off Bumper Action. Don't waste your time opening your new store I don't think you can ever repair your goodwill or name.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Man really the lowest of low acts if this happened.........hope Bubba on B block pays these people a visit o the inside.

And Bubba says to them "I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig..."

Quoted from phantomflip:

You my friend should get used to picking up soap from the shower floor.

"Now pick up that soap, boy."

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

What I cant understand in all this is why someone would buy the old Bumper and reopen using the name Bumper action?
When you purchase a business and its name one of things you are buying is goodwill and from what I have heard through this whole sordid mess I would not buy a box of matches off Bumper Action. Don't waste your time opening your new store I don't think you can ever repair your goodwill or name.

It is a common feature of phoenix companies that have 'arisen' through insolvency.

The rationale behind it is to attempt to give the outward appearance of "business as usual".

Legal = Yes.
Ethical = Hmmm.

#155 10 years ago

BTW..A question for all to ponder...

Who is the liquidator appointed to bumper 2 ?
Has the liquidator in any way have any previous conversations with Noodlebox or anyone else at Bumper (1,2,3)..
Is, or has the liquidator, been associated or befriended ANY of the people involved in bumper 1,2,3 ?
Is there seafood in the air ?

#156 10 years ago

Jamie you are full of it.....

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

They didn't. Read up.

The new company uses a modified name. As Bumper is more than just pinballs, and way more than one brand of machine.

There is still significant goodwill in the name as it is a 40 year old business. I am often called by people wanting to buy something, who open their conversation with "I bought ABC off you X years ago..."

#159 10 years ago

Back on Track

Go start your own I am great thread

So discussion on AULE please

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from LJ:

BTW..A question for all to ponder...
Who is the liquidator appointed to bumper 2 ?
Has the liquidator in any way have any previous conversations with Noodlebox or anyone else at Bumper (1,2,3)..
Is, or has the liquidator, been associated or befriended ANY of the people involved in bumper 1,2,3 ?
Is there seafood in the air ?

For the uninitiated, liquidation is a process, not single act. There was more than one meeting held to answer the liquidator's questions, in fact it is an obligation of the directors and former management that they make information available.

For myself, I have spoken to the liquidator a few times when answering incoming calls made to other people. I'll repeat here exactly what I said to him at the time = Good morning/afternoon Bumper Amusements, Jamie speaking....X is/is not in the building now, let me hand you over to him/can I take a message?"

Why don't you shorten the process and contact the company directors or liquidator and put your allegations to them direct?

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

There is still significant goodwill in the name as it is a 40 year old business. I am often called by people wanting to buy something, who open their conversation with "I bought ABC off you X years ago..."

Are you for real?

Bumper has caused irreversible damage to the pinball community in Australia.

Anyone in their right mind that is connected in the hobby would never purchase from them again.

#162 10 years ago

JJP really need to do some damage control in Australia.

I have spoken to quite few pinheads who don't know the ins and outs about the bumper fiasco and just assume its all JJP's fault.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Are you for real?
Bumper has caused irreversible damage to the pinball community in Australia.
Anyone in their right mind that is connected in the hobby would never purchase from them again.

As I said there is more to Bumper than selling WOZ pinballs. Pinball is a very small part of the whole amusement industry. Given the incessant backstabbing and enmity in some parts of the pinball community, Bumper have the right attitude in changing strategic focus and moving the business into more lucrative, less controversial segments of the amusements market.

Exiting WOZ was a no-brainer in the end.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from double_danger:

JJP really need to do some damage control in Australia.
I have spoken to quite few pinheads who don't know the ins and outs about the bumper fiasco and just assume its all JJP's fault.

That's interesting, they must know stuff about JJP from other sources.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

That's interesting, they must know stuff about JJP from other sources.

No they are just casual observers who do not know enough about Bumper - though they soon will.

Luckily I have avoided Bumper for some time due to non-responsive customer service when I enquired about a machine a year or so ago.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

After stealing the buyer's money and Jack's prototype of course.
Sounds more like Jack exiting Bumper was a no brainer and if you think this won't affect the "new" Bumper you are the one that is a no brainer.
More spin, do you make this shit up as you go along or do you have writers?

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Bumper was dropped, they did not have a choice. JJP dropped Bumper, you told us. See your following post in case you forgot.

Quoted from Noodlebox:

Bumper say Jack cancelled the distributorship.

Here is another conversation where you lied. It was asked if you worked at Bumper, you said no.

Quoted from phantomflip:

5 questions for you
Is your real name Jamie who works at bumper?
Why have you still been accepting WOZ deposits to unsuspecting buyers knowing you cant deliver?
Were you employed to help Rob get his VISA?
Why was the new Bumper showroom at 127 Whiteman St closed today?
Do you shop at target?
Bonus question
Where has my money gone thief?

Quoted from Noodlebox:

No.
I can't if I don't work there.
No.
No idea, I don't work there and don't pass there for commute. Go talk to them, ducky.
Sorry, poor taste.
Bonus reply - post reported to moderators. Be polite.
My question - how come you only formulated this identity to post this one message.

Now you are saying you are Jamie and work there. You Sir are a liar. I do not like to use that word because it is hard to prove when a person knows that truth and choses not to tell it.

Quoted from Noodlebox:

For the uninitiated, liquidation is a process, not single act. There was more than one meeting held to answer the liquidator's questions, in fact it is an obligation of the directors and former management that they make information available.
For myself, I have spoken to the liquidator a few times when answering incoming calls made to other people. I'll repeat here exactly what I said to him at the time = Good morning/afternoon Bumper Amusements, Jamie speaking....X is/is not in the building now, let me hand you over to him/can I take a message?"
Why don't you shorten the process and contact the company directors or liquidator and put your allegations to them direct?

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

After stealing the buyer's money and Jack's prototype of course.
Sounds more like Jack exiting Bumper was a no brainer and if you think this won't affect the "new" Bumper you are the one that is a no brainer.
More spin, do you make this shit up as you go along or do you have writers?

I'm just pissed that so many forumites think JJP is blameless. The coincidence of repeated failed delivery by the vendor and untimely liquidation of the buyer is the root cause of this debacle.

Questions:
Did Jack resell 50 and possibly 72 LEs without the buyer's permission?
Yes.

Did Jack cancel the first sale so he did not hold money from two different buyers for the same article(s) at the same time?
No.

Were those resold machines were either paid in full or deposits paid and receipted to Bumper?
Yes.

Did Jack fail to explain this deception?
Yes. He was tackled 3 months after commencing the sales and until then had not mentioned it.

Did Jack make any financial gain from this?
Yes, up to US$2500 per machine for up to 72 machines.

Then how many of the necessary points below could Jack possibly have crossed?

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud#United_States)
In the United States, common law recognizes nine elements constituting fraud:[7][8]

a representation of an existing fact;
its materiality;
its falsity;
the speaker's knowledge of its falsity;
the speaker's intent that it shall be acted upon by the plaintiff;
the plaintiff's ignorance of its falsity;
the plaintiff's reliance on the truth of the representation;
the plaintiff's right to rely upon it; and
consequent damages suffered by the plaintiff.

Just asking.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

I'm just pissed that so many forumites think JJP is blameless. The coincidence of repeated failed delivery by the vendor and untimely liquidation of the buyer is the root cause of this debacle.

Sounds like things went bad in many ways. I don't know, but If you have good reason to be pissed at Jack its very clear many folks have even better reason to be pissed at you. Own up!

#170 10 years ago

I've said it before, noodlebox seems to think that a good defense is a good offence. Either that or he's a closet magician, and is trying his hand at misdirection. Fail.

#171 10 years ago

Ok, so now let me see if I can sum this debacle up.

1. Bumper took a bunch of peoples money for WOZ.
2. Bumper sent a bit of that money as deposit to Jack for those WOZ.
3. Bumper STOLE the rest of that money.
4. Noodlebox, part of Bumper, blames everyone but Bumper.

So, who goes to jail, because if I stole that much money, I'd expect to go to jail.

Now I will write it so Noodlebox can read it down there...

Noodle.jpgNoodle.jpg

That's some southern hemisphere humor there...

#172 10 years ago

Noodlebox Jamie, there is a gold medal in bullshit waiting for you somewhere. Go away, you've done enough damage and nobody wants to hear anymore lies.

#173 10 years ago

I keep thinking "noodlebox" is a sexual innuendo....

In jail, you'll get it in the end...oh...

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

I don't believe JJP is blameless but the above just isn't true. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that Bumper was so poorly managed it was spending the WOZ money with the expectation that once the machines had arrived and the rest of the funds received from customers that this would somehow enable Bumper to dig it's way out of the financial mess it was in. The extended delays in delivery from JJP and the refusal to allow Bumper 3 to take over the distribution of JJP products just meant that Bumper had to accept the reality of their situation.

I personally don't agree with Jack converting deposits for 76 machines into 26 fully paid machines. By doing this it is further contributing to the WOZ issues. Who potentially loses their paid deposit so someone else can get their machine? There are definitely questions that should be answered in relation to his actions.

But this still does not change the fact that the money went mssing due to the actions of Bumper and Rob Farrell (current owner, previous GM) accepted the WOZ financial obligations as part of his purchase of Bumper 2.

#175 10 years ago

I think that WoZ has now jumped the shark

#176 10 years ago

Most pinball dealers in australia are full of shit anyway.

#177 10 years ago

Woz fighting fund has been set up [email protected]

Maybe Jamie can kick things off with 500k perhaps?

#178 10 years ago

Given the amount of hot air time Wayne and Jamie (and thier businesses) are getting on pinside, you'd think that they would have made a donation here at the very least.

#179 10 years ago

wayne's in the dog box for a week

you wont see any dough from jamie the

#180 10 years ago

Concerning is the personality of someone who claims to be someone they clearly aren't!

Certainly a lot of lies and deceit has been spun. Feel for those poor innocent people who put up their hard earned only to end up in this huge mess.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

#182 10 years ago

Bumper Bricks.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Why is that, and not Noodlebox? Serious question.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why is that, and not Noodlebox? Serious question.

sometimes PM's are the best way

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-aud-legal-fund-to-help-the-aussies

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Most pinball dealers in australia are full of shit anyway.

Actually there are some decent ones - but let me tell you, be they once good or once bad - they are ALL damaged for the future now simply because of this WOZ debacle.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Actually there are some decent ones - but let me tell you, be they once good or once bad - they are ALL damaged for the future now simply because of this WOZ debacle.

Yeah I didn't say all.
Amd are great. Have found that allot lie and play games. Hehe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wizard-of-oz-oz-the-land-downunder-aule/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.