IMG_3137 (resized).JPG
IMG_3136 (resized).JPG
G0020032 (resized).JPG
IMG_3026 (resized).JPG
IMG_2921 (resized).JPG
IMG_2923 (resized).JPG
IMG_2910 (resized).JPG
IMG_2911 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tophervette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 2 years ago

Interesting post and following. I bought a used abused cut Bally WPC89 set of harnesses to a Doctor Who that I am patching together. What seems to be missing so far, is the cable from the Back Box lights to the power board. As well as some parts of the lower cabinet harness to the flippers and coin door. But then again, it is such a tangled mess, it is hard to say what I have. All the coils, leaf switches, targets, lights were cut off. I am tracing one color wire at a time to the connectors that go to the back box. This is not plug and playtime. I am considering adding wired connectors to all the coils, so that I can reach the cut wire ends.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm sick of waiting...looking at throwing together my own wpc harness at the moment.....

I agree. I watched a youtube video of them making wire harness at stern. Basically, a 4x8 sheet of plywood with nails at strategic points to represent major mechs (flippers, pop bumpers or wire holders). Then a rack of spools of colored wires (must be expensive). A wire diagram. A pair of wire cutters. A molex plier, pins and connectors. Connectors for the boards. Each game has its own plywood/nail set up. Hmmm.

On second thought...A used playfield, a used cut up wire harness to approximate the lengths of wires and colors. A chart of all the lengths of wire, so you only order the lengths you need from a supplier that sells it by the foot. Still alot of work. Maybe someone has already created this wheel and has that chart of wires needed and lengths.

Sorry, random thoughts of doing it myself versus finding someone who can already do it.

#181 2 years ago

Thanks for showing us what it takes and serious investment to be able to make a wiring harness. You are gonna laugh. My first attempt at making crimps for a small 2 pin plug, I soldered the wire to a new pin, then tried folding the arms on the pin with needle nose and regular pliers. It was an ugly baby, but it worked and took a while. I went through 4 pins to figure it out. Then I looked online to see how it was supposed to be done. Next, I looked up how much those Molex pliers were?

Now my question before I google it. I see you have 4 pair of Molex pliers. Is one needed for each size pin? Knowing that coils take a larger wire and pin than the lights and switches.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tophervette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wire-and-harnesses?tu=Tophervette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.