IMG_3137 (resized).JPG
IMG_3136 (resized).JPG
G0020032 (resized).JPG
IMG_3026 (resized).JPG
IMG_2921 (resized).JPG
IMG_2923 (resized).JPG
IMG_2910 (resized).JPG
IMG_2911 (resized).JPG
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Absolutely a terrific mob scene. Ran into John D. by pure accident and bluespin by arrangement. Mostly running around with my brother like two kids in a candy store.
Now please, for the love of pinball, do NOT bombard me. After Star Gazer I have a LIMITED amount of KISS , P/B and EBD to do to satisfy some long standing and VERY patient customers. After that I will be entertaining orders for Voltan, Seawitch and Dragonfist. No new orders at this time. If you have previously contacted me about any of these titles I will confirm that you are still interested before I take on any new orders. K? I appreciate all of your patience and business.
Shawn

You are the man!

#202 2 years ago

Still waiting for the 18AWG bare tinned to arrive. My supplier is having supply chain problems! Yikes.

Shawn

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Absolutely a terrific mob scene. Ran into John D. by pure accident and bluespin by arrangement. Mostly running around with my brother like two kids in a candy store.
Now please, for the love of pinball, do NOT bombard me. After Star Gazer I have a LIMITED amount of KISS , P/B and EBD to do to satisfy some long standing and VERY patient customers. After that I will be entertaining orders for Voltan, Seawitch and Dragonfist. No new orders at this time. If you have previously contacted me about any of these titles I will confirm that you are still interested before I take on any new orders. K? I appreciate all of your patience and business.
Shawn

Great news. Really looking forward to new harnesses for EBD, P/B and seawitch. Glad I registered interest in those.

#204 2 years ago

Finally! 2000’ of bare 18awg ready to go…

C4D32B2C-2448-4827-8717-08390CEDE081 (resized).jpegC4D32B2C-2448-4827-8717-08390CEDE081 (resized).jpeg
#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Finally! 2000’ of bare 18awg ready to go…
[quoted image]

Hell yeah I was just looking in your store earlier today, when will it be for sale?

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Just got it up.

And just orders. Thanks!

1 month later
#209 1 year ago

We're getting there. Down to 5 orders left on the last run. Day job is killing me.

#210 1 year ago

Looking forward to P/B, EBD & Seawitch.

#211 1 year ago

Looking forward to Quicksilver, here! Finally started my build…cabinet will start being painted this week!

1 month later
#213 1 year ago

Currently in a supply chain issue loop. Trying to resolve it.

#214 1 year ago

Mk1Mod0 so glad that someone is providing this service I’m hoping that one day you might get to Skateball

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Currently in a supply chain issue loop. Trying to resolve it.

damn the supply chain!

1 month later
#216 1 year ago

Issues resolved for now. Maybe two projects worth? Meanwhile, the fitting up begins. I will be taking a head count soon.

702B2F9A-8E8D-495D-8F2B-9EE9DFCB5732 (resized).jpeg702B2F9A-8E8D-495D-8F2B-9EE9DFCB5732 (resized).jpegBF291E17-064D-4046-92DD-8B7E0B0AEBFD (resized).jpegBF291E17-064D-4046-92DD-8B7E0B0AEBFD (resized).jpeg
#217 1 year ago

Any chance you could make a bally Viking harness. Thank you

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from Shannyman:

Any chance you could make a bally Viking harness. Thank you

Not much call for that one. Sorry.

Quoted from micmc:

I’m hoping that one day you might get to Skateball

Or this one.

But never say never, just not any time soon.

#219 1 year ago

If we are adding things to "Never Say Never", this color-blind kid would love to take this Nine Ball coffee table that some dumb dumb made and turn it back into a real game. The harness is what's keeping me from starting the buying process on everything else.

#220 1 year ago

I have lost track now… what exactly is allowed to be asked for?

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have lost track now… what exactly is allowed to be asked for?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#222 1 year ago

That doesn’t tell me what harnesses we can actually successfully request today. Can we still request Seawitch and Quicksilver harnesses? Is Kiss allowed now too?

#223 1 year ago

Still down for Voltan when you have time for it!

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Still down for Voltan when you have time for it!

Same!

#225 1 year ago

I will be taking orders for KISS in about two weeks so I can get a head count. The head harness will be configured as originally designed as far as placement of the transformer/rectifier and aux lighting board. It will include the mini harness for the KISS flashing lights. The playfield harness will come in two versions. Plug for the center lights or separated for those doing sockets or yopps. Lower will be a standard Bally lower. The plugs for coin door and backglass lighting will likely not be the regular 24 pin .062 plug as they are scarce and expensive. I will do them as either a 15+6 or two 12s. Questions?

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I will be taking orders for KISS in about two weeks so I can get a head count. The head harness will be configured as originally designed as far as placement of the transformer/rectifier and aux lighting board. It will include the mini harness for the KISS flashing lights. The playfield harness will come in two versions. Plug for the center lights or separated for those doing sockets or yopps. Lower will be a standard Bally lower. The plugs for coin door and backglass lighting will likely not be the regular 24 pin .062 plug as they are scarce and expensive. I will do them as either a 15+6 or two 12s. Questions?

Yep; count me in for that please

2 weeks later
#227 1 year ago

Done with the part I hate the most…

4F4DF8FC-8825-47FB-9D1C-5B846E300F24 (resized).jpeg4F4DF8FC-8825-47FB-9D1C-5B846E300F24 (resized).jpeg
#228 1 year ago

Posting for hopeful wishing on another run of star gazer harnesses

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Done with the part I hate the most…
[quoted image]

i still like my lamp socket, old school!

1 week later
#230 1 year ago

KISS construction begins in December. So far I have the following names(in NO particular order) on the sign up list; doublesix , Golfnutz81 , CaptNRetro , Mageek , 29REO , Orbian , meSz , pintoys , DennisDodel , Grefla , Tsskinne and mappy_mouse . If any of you have changed your minds let me know and I need to know what parts you want.

As previously stated, max of one set per person until done then I will take seconds and thirds.

Upper Back Box Harness – Bally/Stern
This harness includes all the wiring and plugs that connect the five displays (players 1-4 and credit/match) to the MPU(A4J1, A4J4), solenoid board(A3J3, A3J4), light board(A4J2, A4J4), aux light board(on some models), sound board and rectifier board. This includes the power to the back board lamps. For Bally games a mini-harness that runs from a plug off of light board to the controlled back box lamps. (Tilt, match, shoot again, etc.) For Stern games this comes from the play field harness and is not a part of the head harness. All harnesses are tested for function and continuity. All components are sourced and assembled in the USA.
$300 plus shipping

Lower cabinet harness
This harness connects all the components of the lower cabinet with the MPU(A4J3) and the solenoid board.(A3J2) This includes the filter and varistor, wiring for the service outlet, the on/off switch, flipper switches, tilt panel, knocker, speaker and coin door. Comes with new on/off switch, filter/varistor and all materials to ground the cabinet properly. (Ground braid and ground wire with crimp rings.) Coin door harness and rectifier wiring kit also included.
$200 plus shipping

Play field kits alone will be $250. I will continue to have a full set discount at $600.

For KISS, the wiring for the aux lighting board and KISS backbox display is with the head harness. If you need that separately or alone let me know and we can work something out. Construction assumes the standard layout for an original Bally KISS - rectifier in the head and aux light board left of the CPU mounted to the side of the head. The wiring harness for the play field will be done as per my past projects in three parts. GI light connections, controlled lamps and switches/solenoids. If you want it all in one piece let me know.

Keep in mind that KISS, while certainly not one of a kind, is a bit unusual from other games. If you are doing a game conversion from something else, good luck. I discount full sets because I know they will be compatible and you won't be writing me 20 times for help. (I do not mind, it just gets a little exasperating.) Also, I had hoped to be dropping the day job this year but the economy isn't going to allow for it. So my work will plod along as usual. Please be patient. And if you have communicated with me about something else, it is in my notes, no need to remind me. New sign ups for KISS are now being accepted in this thread.

Shawn

12 (resized).JPG12 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG
#231 1 year ago

I’m in on the Kiss harness please.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Yes count me in please! Full set. Both Playfield harness for center lights and sockets/yopps.
Let me know. I hope I haven't missed out!

Thanks
Regards

3 weeks later
#235 1 year ago

Shop closed until 21 Nov. Gotta go to Houston for the 20th anniversary HAAG show. C'mon down and bring your friends!

Shawn

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Shop closed until 21 Nov. Gotta go to Houston for the 20th anniversary HAAG show. C'mon down and bring your friends!
Shawn

See ya there!!

2 weeks later
#237 1 year ago

If you do a Fathom playfield harness, set me on your list please.

#238 1 year ago

I did Fathom some time ago. Will likely be a year or two before it comes back around.

Shawn

1 week later
#239 1 year ago

If it's not too late to get on the KISS list, I would like one.

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from Quickdraw19:

If it's not too late to get on the KISS list, I would like one.

No problem. Got room for you and two more.

I have completed building up all the P/F machinery and lighting. If it is a controlled lamp, it is a Yoppsicle. Everything else is GI and are either sunken or partially sunken sockets. I have joined all the easy runs and measured it out. Each playfield kit will include 20' of bare, stranded and tinned for joining the lights, joining the sling switches and joining the common on the drop target switches. If you are using the KISS light holder assembly you will have some extra. If doing it like me, you should end up with a foot or so extra. For the eagle eyes, I went to one side of each pop bumper because they are controlled illumination in this game. So blue to one side of all four and then a lamp wire to each pair. (top and bottom, left and right.) Here are some pics for your amusement -

IMG_2899 (resized).JPGIMG_2899 (resized).JPGIMG_2900 (resized).JPGIMG_2900 (resized).JPGIMG_2901 (resized).JPGIMG_2901 (resized).JPGIMG_2903 (resized).JPGIMG_2903 (resized).JPG
#241 1 year ago

Coincidence? I am building a Kiss. I am using a Dolly Parton body and Magic head.
I need COMPLETE wiring for this cabinet. PM me please.

Fantastic

#242 1 year ago

Voila. P/F harness part one is fit tested and good. Testing this afternoon and then on to part two.

IMG_2904 (resized).JPGIMG_2904 (resized).JPGIMG_2905 (resized).JPGIMG_2905 (resized).JPG
#245 1 year ago

Completed the second half and will test fit this weekend. Minor mistake - ordered black with red striping instead of red with black striping for the gate solenoid. Or they screwed up the order. Either way, purists will have to just get over it.

In any case, much simpler layout than anything I have done to date. Will make for an easy run before the hell of EBD. That will be almost, but not quite, as bad as Fathom.

Shawn

#246 1 year ago

All wired up and running in my Bobby Orr. All switches correct, one off solenoid.

5BBC83D6-AD84-4FA6-9049-421A6489CFC7 (resized).jpeg5BBC83D6-AD84-4FA6-9049-421A6489CFC7 (resized).jpeg
#248 1 year ago

Done that. Ouch hopefully caught it in time

#249 1 year ago

All better now. Here's attract mode. Playfield jig is complete and verified. Now I can start making them! Cabinet lower is next and then the backbox harness. Should start shipping in a couple of weeks.

#250 1 year ago

New jig I should have made years ago. What's it make??
Shawn

IMG_2908 (resized).JPGIMG_2908 (resized).JPG
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wire-and-harnesses/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.