IMG_3137 (resized).JPG
IMG_3136 (resized).JPG
G0020032 (resized).JPG
IMG_3026 (resized).JPG
IMG_2921 (resized).JPG
IMG_2923 (resized).JPG
IMG_2910 (resized).JPG
IMG_2911 (resized).JPG
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 2 years ago

It's great to see you back at it. What do you expect to be the next full game harness available?

#152 2 years ago

After Seawitch? Gotta be something Bally after all the Sterns I have been doing. I'm likely to do EBD and KISS. But that is a loooooooooooooooooooooong way off!

Shawn

#153 2 years ago

Just hoping there will still be a chance to get in on a Seawitch harness when the time comes.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

After Seawitch? Gotta be something Bally after all the Sterns I have been doing. I'm likely to do EBD and KISS. But that is a loooooooooooooooooooooong way off!
Shawn

Nice. Looking forward to receiving a nice new Seawitch harness from you.

4 weeks later
#155 2 years ago

I assume KISS is still a TBD thing? I need upper and lower..how do I get on the list?

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptNRetro:

I assume KISS is still a TBD thing? I need upper and lower..how do I get on the list?

I also need upper and lower for Kiss Shawn.

#157 2 years ago

The new shop is almost up and running. I’ve got a dozen or so sets of Star Gazer to finish up and then it’s back to the list. Bally KISS is in there.

309480F7-829B-4583-A324-E43BF511A336 (resized).jpeg309480F7-829B-4583-A324-E43BF511A336 (resized).jpeg
#158 2 years ago

I’m in for a head harness for Voltan. Thx

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

The new shop is almost up and running. I’ve got a dozen or so sets of Star Gazer to finish up and then it’s back to the list. Bally KISS is in there.
[quoted image]

I need playfield harness and backbox..power supply..coin door..basically every wire in a KISS..please add me to the list!

1 week later
#160 2 years ago

Hello, I need/looking for the backbox harness/display harness for my Stern Magic. I have playfield/cabinet harness all set there.
I'm hoping there is an equivalent harness already made for this. Please reach out with price/availability. Thanks for your time and happy new year

1 month later
#161 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I would also like a headbox and a playfield harness for kiss. Can I get on the list too please.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Hello, I need/looking for the backbox harness/display harness for my Stern Magic. I have playfield/cabinet harness all set there.
I'm hoping there is an equivalent harness already made for this. Please reach out with price/availability. Thanks for your time and happy new year

Haven't done any M-100 games, so this would be a first. I know the pinouts aren't much different because I have looked it over. (I have a M-100 playfield for the multi-Bally so I wanted to see if it would work.) It will be some time before I could get to it. The line is long.

Shawn

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptNRetro:

Quoted from DennisDodel:

Quoted from CaptNRetro:

I need playfield harness and backbox..power supply..coin door..basically every wire in a KISS..please add me to the list!

Quoted from Grefla:

I would also like a headbox and a playfield harness for kiss. Can I get on the list too please.

Gettin' a strange vibe here... Spidey sense is tingling... Like someone is trying to tell me something! Okay, that puts me over ten so a jig will be made. The spousal unit loves the game and has been bugging me to get it up and running in the multi-Bally. I have the room now so I will start building up the CPR play field as soon as I finish my Mom's BOPP. Mid to late summer, maybe. See above post about line.

Shawn

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Gettin' a strange vibe here... Spidey sense is tingling... Like someone is trying to tell me something! Okay, that puts me over ten so a jig will be made. The spousal unit loves the game and has been bugging me to get it up and running in the multi-Bally. I have the room now so I will start building up the CPR play field as soon as I finish my Mom's BOPP. Mid to late summer, maybe. See above post about line.
Shawn

I mean if you are doing kiss I’m here to help contribute to my sickness of projects haha and supporting your company!

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Shawn

Any idea on price ? Should I start saving now?

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptNRetro:

Any idea on price ? Should I start saving now?

Fair warning - prices will definitely be going up. Like everything else in the world, copper, parts and postage are rising. I've been holding steady deals for quite some time because I don't want to price people out, but, comes a time when I have to raise prices. Old promises will be honored but new orders will see an increase.

Shawn

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Fair warning - prices will definitely be going up. Like everything else in the world, copper, parts and postage are rising. I've been holding steady deals for quite some time because I don't want to price people out, but, comes a time when I have to raise prices. Old promises will be honored but new orders will see an increase.
Shawn

Any idea of range?

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Shawn

Quality product is worth it. Thanks for what you do.

#169 2 years ago

Upper Back Box Harness – Bally/Stern
This harness includes all the wiring and plugs that connect the five displays (players 1-4 and credit/match) to the MPU(A4J1, A4J4), solenoid board(A3J3, A3J4), light board(A4J2, A4J4), aux light board(on some models), sound board and rectifier board. This includes the power to the back board lamps. For Bally games a mini-harness that runs from a plug off of light board to the controlled back box lamps. (Tilt, match, shoot again, etc.) For Stern games this comes from the play field harness and is not a part of the head harness. All harnesses are tested for function and continuity. All components are sourced and assembled in the USA.
$300 plus shipping

Lower cabinet harness
This harness connects all the components of the lower cabinet with the MPU(A4J3) and the solenoid board.(A3J2) This includes the filter and varistor, wiring for the service outlet, the on/off switch, flipper switches, tilt panel, knocker, speaker and coin door. Comes with new on/off switch, filter/varistor and all materials to ground the cabinet properly. (Ground braid and ground wire with crimp rings.) Coin door harness and rectifier wiring kit also included.
$200 plus shipping

Play field kits alone will be $250. I will continue to have a full set discount at $600. The other major change will be limiting sets of a run to one per person. Once the initial list has been run through I will entertain 2nds and 3rds.

Shawn

#170 2 years ago

Interesting post and following. I bought a used abused cut Bally WPC89 set of harnesses to a Doctor Who that I am patching together. What seems to be missing so far, is the cable from the Back Box lights to the power board. As well as some parts of the lower cabinet harness to the flippers and coin door. But then again, it is such a tangled mess, it is hard to say what I have. All the coils, leaf switches, targets, lights were cut off. I am tracing one color wire at a time to the connectors that go to the back box. This is not plug and playtime. I am considering adding wired connectors to all the coils, so that I can reach the cut wire ends.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I bought a used abused cut Bally WPC89 set of harnesses

Pretty much the genesis of TCPB. No such thing as a good used harness. Usually hacked off short or at the connectors. Was a super niche business for a bit but now we got 3-4 companies pumping out play fields and everyone wants to scratch build. The niche is growing exponentially.

Shawn

#172 2 years ago

Looking forward to some of your upcoming harnesses.

#173 2 years ago

I'm sick of waiting...looking at throwing together my own wpc harness at the moment.....

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm sick of waiting...looking at throwing together my own wpc harness at the moment.....

I agree. I watched a youtube video of them making wire harness at stern. Basically, a 4x8 sheet of plywood with nails at strategic points to represent major mechs (flippers, pop bumpers or wire holders). Then a rack of spools of colored wires (must be expensive). A wire diagram. A pair of wire cutters. A molex plier, pins and connectors. Connectors for the boards. Each game has its own plywood/nail set up. Hmmm.

On second thought...A used playfield, a used cut up wire harness to approximate the lengths of wires and colors. A chart of all the lengths of wire, so you only order the lengths you need from a supplier that sells it by the foot. Still alot of work. Maybe someone has already created this wheel and has that chart of wires needed and lengths.

Sorry, random thoughts of doing it myself versus finding someone who can already do it.

#175 2 years ago

Hi im looking for a wiring harness for a fathom from power suply backbox plugs to one plug in the head heres a couple of pics of where the wire plugs in i also need a transformer if anyone has other parts im missing plastics gates posts

6A6222A4-8165-4FF0-B5E1-51AC831E024F (resized).jpeg6A6222A4-8165-4FF0-B5E1-51AC831E024F (resized).jpeg7465AD61-EC9F-4A04-BE5F-2DEDDE878777 (resized).jpeg7465AD61-EC9F-4A04-BE5F-2DEDDE878777 (resized).jpeg
#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I agree. I watched a youtube video of them making wire harness at stern. Basically, a 4x8 sheet of plywood with nails at strategic points to represent major mechs (flippers, pop bumpers or wire holders). Then a rack of spools of colored wires (must be expensive). A wire diagram. A pair of wire cutters. A molex plier, pins and connectors. Connectors for the boards. Each game has its own plywood/nail set up. Hmmm.

Yeah, pretty much. Here's a 2X4 sheet with the pattern for the Star Gazer play field, my current run. 58 wires for the controlled lamps, 13 for the switches(each of which daisychains to anywhere from 2-6 switches in the matrix), 11 solenoids plus the wiring for the GI, flippers, fuse, etc. Only 80+ crimps on that one.
IMG_2775 (resized).JPGIMG_2775 (resized).JPG

Here's the little 2X2 sheet I make the Stern lowers on. Only 25 wires and 35 crimps. Plus filter and varistor, all grounds, on/off switch, coin door harness...
IMG_2773 (resized).JPGIMG_2773 (resized).JPG

And here's the 2X4 that I make Stern head harnesses on. Only 53 wires and 180 crimps. Thankfully Stern kept it pretty simple as far as boards. They did reconfigure the scores once or twice. Bally on the other hand did rectifier in the head, rectifier in the body, two different aux light boards in several locations, several different sound boards, etc. The board for making those is 6' long. That's a Star Gazer head harness in process.
IMG_2772 (resized).JPGIMG_2772 (resized).JPG

We'll also need crimpers...
IMG_2776 (resized).JPGIMG_2776 (resized).JPG

Wire...
IMG_2777 (resized).JPGIMG_2777 (resized).JPG

And just for fun, this is what 17,000 crimps looks like!
17Kcrimps (resized).JPG17Kcrimps (resized).JPG

Oh, and when you figure out how to make WPC harnesses please give me a ring. They're a little more complex and involved then the simple stuff I'm doing. I'll need one for the scratch-build TOTAN I'm doing...

#177 2 years ago

You've got some serious bucks invested in the new Molex hand crimpers! Quite nice, you just can't beat those crimp tools! The main question is - are there still any Little Debbies in that box?

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

You've got some serious bucks invested in the new Molex hand crimpers! Quite nice, you just can't beat those crimp tools! The main question is - are there still any Little Debbies in that box?

That was one of my initial big expenditures when I started all this. The crimps have gotta be right and fast and I tested a lot of off brand ones before giving in and investing. Tens of thousands of crimps later I won't use anything else.

The Little Debbies are loooong gone... Its full of 12 X 12 heat seal bags. When you gonna come see us at TPF?

#179 2 years ago

Thanks for the sneak peak behind the curtain Shawn. Those professional crimping tools make all the difference. Appreciate all the hard work you do

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:Yeah, pretty much. Here's a 2X4 sheet with the pattern for the Star Gazer play field, my current run. 58 wires for the controlled lamps, 13 for the switches(each of which daisychains to anywhere from 2-6 switches in the matrix), 11 solenoids plus the wiring for the GI, flippers, fuse, etc. Only 80+ crimps on that one.
[quoted image]
Here's the little 2X2 sheet I make the Stern lowers on. Only 25 wires and 35 crimps. Plus filter and varistor, all grounds, on/off switch, coin door harness...
[quoted image]
And here's the 2X4 that I make Stern head harnesses on. Only 53 wires and 180 crimps. Thankfully Stern kept it pretty simple as far as boards. They did reconfigure the scores once or twice. Bally on the other hand did rectifier in the head, rectifier in the body, two different aux light boards in several locations, several different sound boards, etc. The board for making those is 6' long. That's a Star Gazer head harness in process.
[quoted image]
We'll also need crimpers...
[quoted image]
Wire...
[quoted image]
And just for fun, this is what 17,000 crimps looks like!
[quoted image]
Oh, and when you figure out how to make WPC harnesses please give me a ring. They're a little more complex and involved then the simple stuff I'm doing. I'll need one for the scratch-build TOTAN I'm doing...
I'm also doing a TOTAN scratch build. If I can help with building a harness or finding parts for it let me know. I'll be needing a harness too.

#181 2 years ago

Thanks for showing us what it takes and serious investment to be able to make a wiring harness. You are gonna laugh. My first attempt at making crimps for a small 2 pin plug, I soldered the wire to a new pin, then tried folding the arms on the pin with needle nose and regular pliers. It was an ugly baby, but it worked and took a while. I went through 4 pins to figure it out. Then I looked online to see how it was supposed to be done. Next, I looked up how much those Molex pliers were?

Now my question before I google it. I see you have 4 pair of Molex pliers. Is one needed for each size pin? Knowing that coils take a larger wire and pin than the lights and switches.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Gettin' a strange vibe here... Spidey sense is tingling... Like someone is trying to tell me something! Okay, that puts me over ten so a jig will be made

Hi Shawn

I would still be in for a Complete Kiss harness so definitely put me down please.

#183 2 years ago

Yep it's a big effort in time and parts, but it's either have a go or pretty much wait years.

You have a great stash there mk1mod

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I see you have 4 pair of Molex pliers.

The three red Molex ones are for crimping .062, .100 and .156 pins. The blue crimper is an AMP for doing the Mate-N-Lok pins that Stern used. It will also crimp Molex .084.

Quoted from Tophervette:

I went through 4 pins to figure it out.

The first time I tried crimping round pins (.062) I was flattening the lock tine and tapered part and could not figure out why they were so loose and would just fall right out. Another quality investment is the punches for getting round pins out of plugs. I still make mistakes...

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

When you gonna come see us at TPF?

EZPinball will be there as well. Hopefully they put our booths close to each other. You can get a new cabinet and harness for your Classic Stern pin. We will have flat-pack cabinets available cash-and-carry at TPF. If you know you want one send me an email ezpinball @ gmail . com and I'll deliver it to the show saving you freight costs!

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone at TPF!!

#186 2 years ago

Mk1Mod0 have you started taking any new orders yet? Thanks!

1 week later
#188 2 years ago

Out of the 18AWG stranded bare tinned wire. Should have more coming in later this week so it is temporarily out in the store.

Shawn

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Haven't done any M-100 games, so this would be a first. I know the pinouts aren't much different because I have looked it over. (I have a M-100 playfield for the multi-Bally so I wanted to see if it would work.) It will be some time before I could get to it. The line is long.
Shawn

Hi I ended up finding a Stern Dracula head with wiring harness for displays/boards. Got very lucky! Just need to extend some wires since the transformer in magic is in cabinet vs head for Drac thanks for the reply!

#190 2 years ago

Hi @mk1mod0! Putting my hand in the air as interested in a Quicksilver harness, whenever they get made again.

#191 2 years ago

Whirlwind and sttng

1 week later
#192 2 years ago
Quoted from beini:

Whirlwind and sttng

Sorry, only early S/S Bally and Stern.

Store in vacation mode for a week. Come play some pinball with me at TPF!

Shawn

1 week later
#193 2 years ago

Back in town and working on harnesses. Had a blast at TPF enjoying a much needed and long overdue vacation. Ran into a lot of old friends and made a few new ones. Particularly cool to see some Pinsiders in person. bluespin jdoz2 EZPinball

Got to check out the EZPinball flat pack cabs in person. Very impressive! Should fill a void in the scratch-build community that has quickly depleted the available supply of cheap Stern Stars and empty cabinets. A solid product for someone with minimal wood working skills.

This will kill ya... So I have made over 50 Star Gazer harness sets and NEVER PLAYED ONE! Until now, that is. Got to play jdoz2 nice example at TPF. Quirky game I have to say! Very interesting with some nice spinner rip shots. Still haven't managed to play a Quicksilver...

Shawn

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Back in town and working on harnesses. Had a blast at TPF enjoying a much needed and long overdue vacation. Ran into a lot of old friends and made a few new ones. Particularly cool to see some Pinsiders in person. bluespin jdoz2 EZPinball
Got to check out the EZPinball flat pack cabs in person. Very impressive! Should fill a void in the scratch-build community that has quickly depleted the available supply of cheap Stern Stars and empty cabinets. A solid product for someone with minimal wood working skills.
This will kill ya... So I have made over 50 Star Gazer harness sets and NEVER PLAYED ONE! Until now, that is. Got to play jdoz2 nice example at TPF. Quirky game I have to say! Very interesting with some nice spinner rip shots. Still haven't managed to play a Quicksilver...
Shawn

Stop by my place you can try mine out.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:Back in town and working on harnesses. Had a blast at TPF enjoying a much needed and long overdue vacation. Ran into a lot of old friends and made a few new ones. Particularly cool to see some Pinsiders in person. bluespin jdoz2 EZPinball
Shawn

Mk1Mod0 Shawn it was nice meeting you as well. Are you willing to make playfield harnesses for Dragonfist? Mirco has been working on the playfield for 18 months, so I’m hoping it will be released in a few months.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Are you willing to make playfield harnesses for Dragonfist?

Its on the list but I am not yet taking signups.

Shawn

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Its on the list but I am not yet taking signups.
Shawn

You make that harness and I’m willing to help anyone build. More people need to play that game it’s my favorite classic Stern! Sorry I missed you down there this year but the place was packed!

Planning to do a live build of a Quicksilver at a Pinball at the Zoo next month using your harnesses. Showing up to the event with a Wild Fyre and a box of parts. Planning to be flipping a Quicksilver by day 3 of the show!

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

You make that harness and I’m willing to help anyone build. More people need to play that game it’s my favorite classic Stern! Sorry I missed you down there this year but the place was packed!
Planning to do a live build of a Quicksilver at a Pinball at the Zoo next month using your harnesses. Showing up to the event with a Wild Fyre and a box of parts. Planning to be flipping a Quicksilver by day 3 of the show!

This is pretty aggro and I dig it!

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sorry I missed you down there this year but the place was packed!

Absolutely a terrific mob scene. Ran into John D. by pure accident and bluespin by arrangement. Mostly running around with my brother like two kids in a candy store.

Now please, for the love of pinball, do NOT bombard me. After Star Gazer I have a LIMITED amount of KISS , P/B and EBD to do to satisfy some long standing and VERY patient customers. After that I will be entertaining orders for Voltan, Seawitch and Dragonfist. No new orders at this time. If you have previously contacted me about any of these titles I will confirm that you are still interested before I take on any new orders. K? I appreciate all of your patience and business.

Shawn

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Absolutely a terrific mob scene. Ran into John D. by pure accident and bluespin by arrangement. Mostly running around with my brother like two kids in a candy store.
Now please, for the love of pinball, do NOT bombard me. After Star Gazer I have a LIMITED amount of KISS , P/B and EBD to do to satisfy some long standing and VERY patient customers. After that I will be entertaining orders for Voltan, Seawitch and Dragonfist. No new orders at this time. If you have previously contacted me about any of these titles I will confirm that you are still interested before I take on any new orders. K? I appreciate all of your patience and business.
Shawn

please make sure im on the KISS list!

There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wire-and-harnesses/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.