IMG_2202 (resized).JPG
IMG_2203 (resized).JPG
IMG_2201 (resized).JPG
IMG_1692 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191220_212036 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191220_212204 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191220_212120 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191220_212059 (resized).jpg

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from keys88:

Please put me down for head and playfield harnesses for star gazer. Thanks.

Gotcha.

#102 1 year ago

Got through hurricane Hannah relatively unscathed. Power was out from midnight last night 'til around 730 tonight. The UPS man did manage to make it through with a delivery late Friday...

IMG_2207 (resized).JPG
#103 1 year ago

Does that mean a wiring PF harness is in the works for Seawitch?

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Does that mean a wiring PF harness is in the works for Seawitch?

Eventually.

2 weeks later
#105 11 months ago

Out of the 18awg stranded, tinned and bare. Should have another reel in a couple of days. Temporarily out of the store.

Starting to contact my Quicksilver list to verify who wants what so I can order plugs.

Shawn

#106 11 months ago

Put me down for Quicksilver and Star Gazer playfield wire harnesses as well as head harnesses.

#107 11 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Put me down for Quicksilver and Star Gazer playfield wire harnesses as well as head harnesses.

Done and done.

#108 11 months ago

Back in stock.

20200816_110619.jpg
2 weeks later
#109 11 months ago

Fathom has been put to bed. Probably for a VERY long time! All of my Quicksilver components are in.. let's go!!

#111 11 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Fathom has been put to bed. Probably for a VERY long time! All of my Quicksilver components are in.. let's go!!

As someone who purchased all your harnesses for my Fathom project it's hard for me to express how much I appreciate you making these for us hobbyists out there!!

THANKS!!!!!

3 weeks later
#112 10 months ago

QuickSilver still under construction but I have temporarily closed the Pinside shop. There is a glitch somewhere between Paypal and Pinside and I will reopen once that is resolved.

Shawn

#114 10 months ago

Harlem coming soon? I'm sure COVID has pushed it back.

1 week later
#116 9 months ago

Power supply wiring kits for Stern early S/S now up in the shop.

Shawn

#117 9 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

will you PM those who wanted one when complete?

Neil.

#118 9 months ago

Neil,
You are in the second set, the first set will be done in the next two weeks or so. I will email you when it is near complete to get a good shipping address and your paypal email and I will invoice you as soon as it is ready.

Shawn

1 week later
#119 9 months ago

One week setback on Quicksilver and I'll be closing the shop for a few. Day job is sending me to Dallas 'til next Monday. The first 5 sets are done but for the head harnesses. As those get done they'll ship out one by one.

#120 9 months ago

Nice to hear you're making progess and people are receiving their orders. Are you able to please share a list of titoes you have coming up and the loose ETA on each one?

#121 9 months ago

I hope this isn't viewed as hijacking a thread, but if you're scratch building a Star Gazer or Quicksilver I have SG insert panels in stock, and am currently making Quicksilver. I needed four to begin the initial build but the more the merrier. Especially since I'm cutting and making them right now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96675

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome?tu=pinfixer#op

In the near future it looks like I should be able to produce insert panels on demand. I am hoping to be able to offer both MDF (original) and 3/4" plywood eventually as well. The plywood versions will likely be made from 3/4" 14 ply Baltic Birch (think Greatwitch playfields, but in 3/4" thickness.) PM me with your needs and we can discuss. I really need four of any specific title to justify making them, but once made, I should be able to be make them on an as-needed basis as I'm planning to keep the different unique jigs around for future needs. I'm focusing primarily on classic Stern (MPU100 and MPU200 games) but if demand is there I could move to other manufacturers as well. Bally in specific would be pretty easy since the displays don't move from title to title like classic Stern and Williams games do. I just need to get the layout for the lamp sockets for each specific title.

#122 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Nice to hear you're making progess and people are receiving their orders. Are you able to please share a list of titoes you have coming up and the loose ETA on each one?

Star Gazer is the only hard schedule for now and those will be right behind Quicksilver. I'll be taking care of some longstanding one off orders over the winter and in the spring of 2021 I am looking at EBD, Meteor, KISS, Voltan and maybe Playboy. All subject to change and no promises made.

Shawn

#123 9 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Star Gazer is the only hard schedule for now and those will be right behind Quicksilver. I'll be taking care of some longstanding one off orders over the winter and in the spring of 2021 I am looking at EBD, Meteor, KISS, Voltan and maybe Playboy. All subject to change and no promises made.
Shawn

Thanks for the update. Was wondering what is going on with QS. Not in a rush, but hadn't heard anything in a bit. Safe travels mate.

5 months later
1 week later
#125 3 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

By popular demand I now offer 22GA bare, tinned and stranded wire. Lots of folks telling me they prefer that for the backbox insert strings. Personally I prefer the beefier 18 GA but I give the people what they want. For those of you with micrometers, the 18GA bare mics out at .045 while the 22GA hits around .030. The 22GA will go for $.20 a foot plus shipping.
At this moment, I am building the jigs to produce Stern's Quicksilver and Sea Witch play field harnesses. I am also constructing a new head harness jig and will not be making any of those until it is perfected. Once I complete initial runs for QS and SW I will be offering up those as well as Star Gazer on demand. I also have the materials to make jigs for several more titles and will do so based on demand from you folks. As I wire up my own play fields I can do duplicates at the same time. In no particular order I will be doing Bally's Fathom, EBD, Playboy, KISS, Future Spa, Frontier, Super Sonic, Night Rider, Strikes and Spares and Stern's Meteor. It is first come first serve for the play field harnesses. They will be made in the order I receive the requests. PM me what you need now and vote for what you need next. I will be starting construction around the 1st or 2nd week of August. No money in advance. As always I will invoice you through Paypal when your products are ready. 5% to Pinside as well. Harnesses will run $200 for most titles, $225 for titles with solenoid expander boards. Shipping is usually around $15 to $18 for one set.
I also must recognize the extreme generosity and assistance of several Pinsiders that make my job a little easier. @cottonm4 @djblouw and @thrillhouse I appreciate your knowledge and assistance.

I am looking for a kiss playfield wiring harness . are these made to order?

#126 3 months ago

Hello i am looking for a Kiss playfield wiring harness are these made to order?

1 week later
#127 3 months ago

Okay folks, just sold the last Bally coin door wiring harness. Until I can source the .062 4X24 female plugs again, that's it. So sorry!

Shawn

#128 3 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Okay folks, just sold the last Bally coin door wiring harness. Until I can source the .062 4X24 female plugs again, that's it. So sorry!
Shawn

Hopefully you can source more. When you say that's it, is that just specifically for the Bally coin door harness? Or does that also apply to full harnesses for Bally games?

#129 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

When you say that's it, is that just specifically for the Bally coin door harness?

Correct. So if someone orders a Bally lower I can still make a coin door harness but it will use two 12 plugs instead of a 24. I can't make one that will match a 24 plug for an original lower. Does that make sense?

#130 3 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Correct. So if someone orders a Bally lower I can still make a coin door harness but it will use two 12 plugs instead of a 24. I can't make one that will match a 24 plug for an original lower. Does that make sense?

Yes. That's great news that you'll still be making harnesses. Looking forward to some of your future releases.

1 month later
#132 71 days ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Two weeks.
[quoted image]

Hell yeah, can't wait!

#133 71 days ago

The first ones went out last weekend, 3 more in the queue.

1 week later
#134 62 days ago

Just a short real world heads up - My day job boss said screw everyone and dropped his retirement papers. Strolled out the door today and won't be back. Good news for my paycheck, bad news for my work sked. I am now back to 5/8s from 4/10s and my weekends will likely have a lot of O/T while we continue to recover from the freeze in Feb and the horrendous rain storms of last week. Our tides have remained high so the water table is just a few feet down around the base. We have storm drains collapsing and sewer lines caving in. Not to mention the potholes that make some streets look like a bomb test range. Gonna be a busy couple of months until I get either permanently promoted and can hire a new second or they hire someone else and I go back to second banana. Bottom line, my production just slowed waaaaaay up.

On the product development side, I made a power supply extension set now being tested. So if you want to move your transformer and rectifier to the lower cab from the head and don't want to make or buy a new head harness there is a solution. I will produce the wire and plugs. You will need to purchase a couple of "Z" plugs for the final connection to remove liability from myself in case you plug in the wrong end first without unplugging the machine... There will also likely be an option to do one end -18 style and the other -54 style if you know what I mean. If there is enough interest they will show up in the 3rd Coast store at some point. Now if only I had some in action pics of it...(cough, cough,,,)

#135 62 days ago

Thanks for the update, Shawn! Take care of yourself!

#136 61 days ago

I'll bet if you had some action pictures they'd look a lot like these.....

72C49C8B-5459-481A-9518-A9CB6FD43532 (resized).jpegADF3912B-8FCD-4056-AE07-99D443F42C1F (resized).jpegC6192BE6-51B4-4B1B-9FA9-E523E9F77DD3 (resized).jpegB5D10367-997A-4915-899C-99B4733D84FE (resized).jpeg
#137 61 days ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Just a short real world heads up - My day job boss said screw everyone and dropped his retirement papers. Strolled out the door today and won't be back. Good news for my paycheck, bad news for my work sked. I am now back to 5/8s from 4/10s and my weekends will likely have a lot of O/T while we continue to recover from the freeze in Feb and the horrendous rain storms of last week. Our tides have remained high so the water table is just a few feet down around the base. We have storm drains collapsing and sewer lines caving in. Not to mention the potholes that make some streets look like a bomb test range. Gonna be a busy couple of months until I get either permanently promoted and can hire a new second or they hire someone else and I go back to second banana. Bottom line, my production just slowed waaaaaay up.
On the product development side, I made a power supply extension set now being tested. So if you want to move your transformer and rectifier to the lower cab from the head and don't want to make or buy a new head harness there is a solution. I will produce the wire and plugs. You will need to purchase a couple of "Z" plugs for the final connection to remove liability from myself in case you plug in the wrong end first without unplugging the machine... There will also likely be an option to do one end -18 style and the other -54 style if you know what I mean. If there is enough interest they will show up in the 3rd Coast store at some point. Now if only I had some in action pics of it...(cough, cough,,,)

That is an awesome option, thanks as always for making this great stuff!

#138 61 days ago

Do you have a fathom harness for sale? Or does anyone have an old one they replaced they would sell? Thanks

1 week later
#139 51 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Do you have a fathom harness for sale?

I do not, sorry. Sold every one I made.

#140 51 days ago

Sounds like it’s time to make more

2 weeks later
#141 32 days ago

Centaur please

#142 32 days ago

Are fathoms harnesses going back into production?

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside