IMG_3137 (resized).JPG
IMG_3136 (resized).JPG
G0020032 (resized).JPG
IMG_3026 (resized).JPG
IMG_2921 (resized).JPG
IMG_2923 (resized).JPG
IMG_2910 (resized).JPG
IMG_2911 (resized).JPG

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

By popular demand I now offer 22GA bare, tinned and stranded wire. Lots of folks telling me they prefer that for the backbox insert strings. Personally I prefer the beefier 18 GA but I give the people what they want. For those of you with micrometers, the 18GA bare mics out at .045 while the 22GA hits around .030. The 22GA will go for $.20 a foot plus shipping.

At this moment, I am building the jigs to produce Stern's Quicksilver and Sea Witch play field harnesses. I am also constructing a new head harness jig and will not be making any of those until it is perfected. Once I complete initial runs for QS and SW I will be offering up those as well as Star Gazer on demand. I also have the materials to make jigs for several more titles and will do so based on demand from you folks. As I wire up my own play fields I can do duplicates at the same time. In no particular order I will be doing Bally's Fathom, EBD, Playboy, KISS, Future Spa, Frontier, Super Sonic, Night Rider, Strikes and Spares and Stern's Meteor. It is first come first serve for the play field harnesses. They will be made in the order I receive the requests. PM me what you need now and vote for what you need next. I will be starting construction around the 1st or 2nd week of August. No money in advance. As always I will invoice you through Paypal when your products are ready. 5% to Pinside as well. Harnesses will run $200 for most titles, $225 for titles with solenoid expander boards. Shipping is usually around $15 to $18 for one set.

I also must recognize the extreme generosity and assistance of several Pinsiders that make my job a little easier. @cottonm4 @djblouw and @thrillhouse I appreciate your knowledge and assistance.

#2 4 years ago

I’m in for a Fathom harness

Jody

#3 4 years ago

will your EBD include the smaller harnsess forbthe drop target bank?

also for EBD owners, the harness for the LE is different to the standard version

#4 4 years ago

Awesome now I know I can order a quicksilver playfield! Thank you!

#5 4 years ago

In for fathom

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

will your EBD include the smaller harnsess forbthe drop target bank?

Of course. Everything you need to wire up a populated play field. GI, controlled lamps, switches and solenoids. All the right plugs, labeled and keyed.

#7 4 years ago

Really a good price for work involved.
Doing home calls over the years its getting common to see internal breaks in the wiring which are not visible.

#8 4 years ago

Nice work, as always, Mk1Mod0 This is such a needed service that you're offering.

I'll take a QS harness when they're ready.

Thanks.

#9 4 years ago

I will also take a quicksilver harness in case I didn’t make that clear thank you.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I will also take a quicksilver harness in case I didn’t make that clear thank you.

Gotcha covered, Tommy!

#11 4 years ago

Following.

#12 4 years ago

Fantastic! You’re an incredible asset to pinball, thanks for everything, Shawn!

#13 4 years ago

I would be in for a Fathom harness if I only could find the two inline target banks as well the big left targetbank ...

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from thierryv:

I would be in for a Fathom harness if I only could find the two inline target banks as well the big left targetbank ...

Right? The big one I can find, it's the two inline resettable that are unobtainium.

Shawn

#15 4 years ago

Hope you do backbox harnesses as well.

#16 4 years ago

I will probably do head harnesses again after this run of play field harnesses. They take a lot longer and screw up my momentum when breezing through the play field ones. Looks like it will be Quicksilver then Fathom and EBD. I'll be knocking out a few more Star Gazers while those jigs are being built.

Shawn

#17 4 years ago

Yep whenever you get to head harnesses again I’ll definitely do one of those for quicksilver as well.

#18 4 years ago

I’d be interested in a Fathom and EBD harness (not LE)

#19 4 years ago

How about a Xenon harness?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from billrabe:

I’d be interested in a Fathom and EBD harness (not LE)

Done and done.

Quoted from billrabe:

How about a Xenon harness?

No plans at this time.

Shawn

1 month later
#21 4 years ago

So minor delays have cost me two weekends. The first was overtime at work (which will pay for my soon-to-be-delivered repro CPR Bally KISS play field.) The second was because I have a nosy neighbor who thought it would be nice to send pictures of my back yard to the local police code compliance section. Had to get a 15 yard container in my driveway and do some loooong overdue cleanup. Still, if you don't like the mess behind my 6' privacy fence, I suggest you don't look! Anyways, I am finishing up some leftover Star Gazer orders while perfecting the Quicksilver harness jig. I expect to start pumping them out in about two weeks. Sorry for the delays, life happens.

Shawn

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

So minor delays have cost me two weekends. The first was overtime at work (which will pay for my soon-to-be-delivered repro CPR Bally KISS play field.) The second was because I have a nosy neighbor who thought it would be nice to send pictures of my back yard to the local police code compliance section. Had to get a 15 yard container in my driveway and do some loooong overdue cleanup. Still, if you don't like the mess behind my 6' privacy fence, I suggest you don't look! Anyways, I am finishing up some leftover Star Gazer orders while perfecting the Quicksilver harness jig. I expect to start pumping them out in about two weeks. Sorry for the delays, life happens.
Shawn

Life happens. Thanks for taking the time to do them!

3 weeks later
#23 4 years ago

Please put me down for a Fathom harness.

#25 4 years ago

Also in for a Fathom harness.

1 week later
#26 4 years ago

Construction of Quicksilver harnesses starts now. They will start shipping in a week or two and for the next month as I make my way through the list.

Shawn

4 weeks later
#27 4 years ago

Just a quick update. So the order load wasn't overly large and I am doing all the harnesses at once by package. Each play field set has 3 packages. #1 is your bare wire and power harness for lighting all the GI and controlled lamps. Package #2 is the controlled lamp harness and Package #3 is your switch and solenoid wiring. All of the Package #1s are done. 90% of all the Package #2s are done. Once those are complete I start making the 3rd package. As I complete each one they will be boxed and ready to send. I will invoice the purchasers in the order received through paypal and send them as payment is made. Bottom line; The first ones should be going out by the end of next weekend.

Once I wrap up the Quicksilvers I will be switching over to Fathom.

Shawn

2 weeks later
1 month later
#29 4 years ago

All Quicksilvers are now complete and Fathom is next. Due to delays Fathom will begin getting assembled after the holidays.

#30 4 years ago

I have 12 signups for Fathom, room for three more. $225 plus shipping. (Usually 18 domestic and 50 to Canada.) Everything you need to wire up a populated Fathom play field for grounds, GI, controlled lamps, switches and solenoids. All drops and pops will be plugged.

Shawn

#31 4 years ago

Shawn are you still going to do back box harnesses also? Put me down for one if so

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I have 12 signups for Fathom, room for three more. $225 plus shipping. (Usually 18 domestic and 50 to Canada.) Everything you need to wire up a populated Fathom play field for grounds, GI, controlled lamps, switches and solenoids. All drops and pops will be plugged.
Shawn

Shawn, I'm in for a Fathom.
Thanks, Rob

#34 4 years ago

Is anyone else building a fathom from scratch? Interested in making a group to help with part sourcing, fabricating, group buys and general help? Send me a PM if so.

#35 4 years ago

How about a Medusa harness?! That title has a lot of repro parts already available much like fathom.

#36 4 years ago

I don't have a play field so that one would be a little tough. Right now I'm sticking to the ones with recently released P/F repros that a lot of folk are scratch building. And I have to have either (preferably) a play field or a full size printed diagram.

Shawn

#37 4 years ago

The recipe for a Fathom...

IMG_20191220_212036 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_212036 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_212059 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_212059 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_212120 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_212120 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_212204 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_212204 (resized).jpg
#38 4 years ago

I have a ton of Fathom parts available if anyone is interested. They are extras from a restore I recently completed. Will be putting them up in the marketplace soon. If you are looking for something in particular send me a pm and I can get you pics.

3 weeks later
#39 4 years ago

Okay, so here's an update. The first full harness has been produced and adjustments were made to the jigs. Unlike my past harnesses, these will come in one piece. The complexity of the machine makes that necessary. I am stockpiling the drop target plug sets and starting the first one to go out the door. These should start mailing out every couple of days after this coming weekend. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Shawn

IMG_1692 (resized).JPGIMG_1692 (resized).JPG
#40 4 years ago

Great work. Is it too late to get in on a harness for Fathom, EBD and Playboy?

#41 4 years ago

No, but I only bought plugs to make 15 and I have 17 on the list. I'll let you know when I get closer to the end. I may have some dropouts.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

No, but I only bought plugs to make 15 and I have 17 on the list. I'll let you know when I get closer to the end. I may have some dropouts.

Thank you, much appreciated.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I bought @Gritty's Fathom project from him, and he was on your list at one time as I am now. Don't know if he ever cancelled his reservation, but I'm *most* definitely still in on a Fathom body harness (and the next run of head harnesses as well).

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I bought Gritty's Fathom project from him, and he was on your list at one time as I am now.

Yep, you are both on the list so there's one less.

#45 4 years ago

What labeler did you use for the cable labels?

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

What labeler did you use for the cable labels?

Its a Brother "P-Touch" I've had for years and finally found a good use for.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Its a Brother "P-Touch" I've had for years and finally found a good use for.

Wow! I have 2 of them still in the plastic lol.

The labels look great.

4 weeks later
#48 4 years ago

Hey Mike, just checking in on how things are moving along.....Thanks for your hard work!!

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Hey Mike, just checking in on how things are moving along.....Thanks for your hard work!!

You are now 3rd from the top of the list. 2 weeks, maybe?

Shawn

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

You are now 3rd from the top of the list. 2 weeks, maybe?
Shawn

Great....and sorry about the mixup in names Shawn!

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wire-and-harnesses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.