Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by SYS6
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SST39SF0x0 (resized).png
CERDIP-PINS (resized).png
512 (resized).PNG
28c512 (resized).PNG
wang (resized).jpg
25616 (resized).jpg
2e3f85951413d05e56ae1fe9aee7d8d99408b7a7-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
2816-MPU (resized).png
new (resized).jpg
s1 (resized).jpg
sip (resized).jpg
bot (resized).jpg
top (resized).jpg
20190509_011625.jpg
Captsaure (resized).PNG
IMG_20190406_160625475 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 months ago
Quoted from pincoder:

but that would require functioning RAM (as well as other resources)

..why would that require ram?

#8 10 months ago
Quoted from pincoder:

Because writing code with subroutines requires the use of the stack (to call the subroutine), which is located in RAM.

Yes but why does reading the dips and doing a jump require subroutines?

1 week later
#17 10 months ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I'd be interested in something like this. I want to try this out to play with it but having to locate and program 16 ROMs has kept me from doing so. I'm sure I have 16 laying around, but a lot of them have other test programs on them or are for specific games that I uses to test. I really don't want to erase them for this and then later have to do it all over again to use them for the same purpose they're being used for now.

Seems like using a single 28c16 is the best option right now

#21 10 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

You're not even reading the dips, you're simply using them to present a different chunk of rom to the board, which is reading it as a 2716. Same concept that the Alltek uses to select its games, and lots of old computers from the 80s did when you had different OS chips in them for various "purposes".
Now, if you mean the dips on the mpu board, yes, that would be a bit different, but you are correct in that performing the JMP doesn't require any ram.

That was the original discussion, I think? Most of the roms probably don't need the full 2kb or anything even. Should be possible to read the mpu dip switches, jump to one of the tests, repeat.

2 weeks later
#36 9 months ago
Quoted from uofmer:

are the test roms using that RAM?

From a code point of view, it shouldn't be any different. The internal RAM is mapped to the same address space. You can also jumper the board to use the external ram with a 6802

3 weeks later
#62 8 months ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

The title of this thread suggests the ROMs are for System 3, 4 and 6, but in the documents there is reference to System 7.
Can I use these ROMs for System 7? Which IC socket on the System 7 board should I insert the ROM into?

If they work with system 7 they'd probably need to be doubled up on a 2532 in IC17

#67 8 months ago
Quoted from pinball-museum:

Does this work with Hans's single rom adapter? Would be great if it did, I eliminated sockets on my boards
and would be nice to easily reprogram a single chip with this and then easily revert to the entire code of game with just one chip.

A 2764 can only hold four 2716s, so you couldn't fit all of these on it (although maybe if they were compiled together to save space it'd work). You can definitely burn one of these at a time to a 28c64 and stick it in the adapter though.

#70 8 months ago

It does specifically use a 2764 not the one you said

It can use a 28c64 too. Electronically erasable like a 28c16 so you can rr burn it quickly, no uv eraser needed.

Should I quadruple them? Or maybe fill free space with zeroes to offset it correctly?

Just putting it in the same position in the rom that I 17 normally goes should be enough. Rest doesn't matter.

3 months later
#83 4 months ago
Quoted from Nusilor:

I have heard peoplw say they dont program 2716 properly

25v 2716s from certain manufacturers don't work, but I've never had a problem. Plus you can just use. 28c16 instead, way easier

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Thorndale, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 179.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Willow Spring, NC
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Keremeos, BC
$ 279.95
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside