Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by kevinclark
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SST39SF0x0 (resized).png
CERDIP-PINS (resized).png
512 (resized).PNG
28c512 (resized).PNG
wang (resized).jpg
25616 (resized).jpg
2e3f85951413d05e56ae1fe9aee7d8d99408b7a7-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
2816-MPU (resized).png
new (resized).jpg
s1 (resized).jpg
sip (resized).jpg
bot (resized).jpg
top (resized).jpg
20190509_011625.jpg
Captsaure (resized).PNG
IMG_20190406_160625475 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from pincoder:

It drives me crazy when problems just go away like that, but I'm glad its at least working for now, and that you are finding the test ROMs useful.

IC17 is normally a 2732 chip so yes, it would go there and the image would need to be doubled up on the chip.
I recently tested the ROMs on a system 7 Pharaoh. The MPU board had been modified to use a 2716 in the IC17 socket. Pharaoh also has 7 digit displays. Not sure if all 7's have seven digit displays. Anyway, I noticed a few irregularities. For one, the LEDs on the MPU board are flipped (so bottom is top and top is bottom). The 7 segment LED does some weird but harmless dancing around, and the 7 digit display signals are not compatible with the six digit. Numbers are jumbled up. So all of the ROMs that use displays are pretty much useless. The machine I was on had it's own issues and so I could not be certain the ROMs were functioning properly.
I really need to get a hold of a working system 7 board and go through the ROMs with a fine tooth comb. Then I could change the title of this thread

Have you posted the source for these? I haven't done any Williams specific coding but I have customized some 6800 Bally code and done a lot of 6800 based programming.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside