486D0160-66F6-430C-B843-87A697FA706A (resized).jpeg
SFZ_8447_copy copy (resized).JPG
SFZ_8446_copy copy (resized).JPG
SFZ_8445_copy copy (resized).JPG
SFZ_8608 copy (resized).JPG
IMG_4820 (resized).JPG
SFZ_8568 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

The White Water Bigfoot spotlight mod has been out of production for a while, but no longer.

Introducing the Sasquatch Signal.

I've created two kits:
A spotlight kit, and
A spotlight kit with a Hot Foot fire simulation.

This has been several months in the making and play testing.

Like the original, the kit includes a custom made printed circuit board, spotlight bracket, and a modified spotlight with lamp and wire harness.

The spotlight is feature controlled and illuminates Bigfoot when he is in motion, or looking at you. The light will automatically turn off when he returns to his home position looking away from you.

In addition, the Hot Foot simulation creates a lighted "fire" around Bigfoot during the Hot Foot mode.

Take a look at the preview videos. Like all videos and pictures, the actual product has more vibrant colors (which are washed out in the video). I've added a second video to better highlight the Hot Foot fire colors.

I'll have both kits available in my Pinside store shortly.

https://vimeo.com/310921570

SFZ_8568 (resized).JPGSFZ_8568 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

Yes!! Amazing so glad u made this and saved me trying to figure out how to do this. So stoked to
Get one

#3 5 years ago

How much $$?

#4 5 years ago

Adjusted for inflation, cheaper than the original (by @mamushka) sold through Pinball Life! The 2012 spotlight kit was $99 + shipping (About $110 in 2018 dollars + shipping).

The Spotlight only kit will be ~$80 + shipping
The Spotlight + Hot Foot will be ~$100 + shipping

I'm working on getting the store up today (Saturday).

#5 5 years ago

refresh ... refresh ... refresh ...

Really looking forward to this, thanks for the work!

#7 5 years ago

Sweet! could you post install instructions to get a better idea what all is involved?

#8 5 years ago

I have to admit this is very cool and the hot foot feature is pretty cool!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Sweet! could you post install instructions to get a better idea what all is involved?

I'll post a quick summary later.

A link to the full instructions with pictures is provided after purchase.

Added over 5 years ago:

Rough outline of full installation:
Circuit board
1. Connect circuit board to motor controller
Spotlight
1. Remove Bigfoot's Cave, install bracket and spotlight. Run wiring harness down through playfield
2. Affix LEDs in front of Bigfoot. Run wiring harness down through playfield
3. Connect wiring harnesses to circuit board
Hotfoot mod
1. Remove back mountains. Remove all screws & nuts holding Bigfoot ramp to playfield and other ramps. Remove ball guide running to bigfoot ramp.
2. Install LEDs under Bigfoot. Run harness down through playfield. Install LEDs behind Bigfoot & run harness down through playfield
3. Connect harnesses to circuit board
Play WH2O

#10 5 years ago

This is great!!!!! I've got the original and it's probably my favorite mod for the game. It's also cool that you've added a new twist.

#11 5 years ago

Ordered!! I can post pics as I install

#12 5 years ago

I was just looking to buy the original. What timing...

#13 5 years ago

First batch of kits has shipped. Thanks everyone.

IMG_4820 (resized).JPGIMG_4820 (resized).JPG
#14 5 years ago

I've seen this in action -- great addition to any White Water. Very happy that @zene10 spent the time to develop this to light up Bigfoot!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I've seen this in action -- great addition to any White Water. Very happy that @zene10 spent the time to develop this to light up Bigfoot!

aw shucks

#16 5 years ago

VERY cool!!!!

#17 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone who purchased the mod so far.

The link to the instructions (36 pictures with instructions on 26 pages) has been sent through a store message.

SFZ_8608 copy (resized).JPGSFZ_8608 copy (resized).JPG
#18 5 years ago

I've received a few PMs about the spotlight lighting.

The spotlight consists of two separate sources: a ramp LED strip and a cave Spotlight - both included in the kit.

If desired, instead of connecting both, one or the other can be disconnected for a slightly different effect. Alternatively, one or the other does not need to be installed. For instance, if you don't like having an LED strip on the ramp, you do not need to install it.

The pictures below illustrate the lighting source effect.

SFZ_8445_copy copy (resized).JPGSFZ_8445_copy copy (resized).JPGSFZ_8446_copy copy (resized).JPGSFZ_8446_copy copy (resized).JPGSFZ_8447_copy copy (resized).JPGSFZ_8447_copy copy (resized).JPG
#19 5 years ago

This really looks great! Again, nice work.

#20 5 years ago

I have the original with just the spotlight and it's a great mod that highlights Bigfoot nicely and looks factory.

#21 5 years ago

Ordered!

#22 5 years ago

More PMs about the Spotlight and Hotfoot module.

The spotlights (12V spot and strip) can be installed in combination or individually. No problem.

See previous post for lighting differences for the spot installation.

The hotfoot mod 5V- the 16LED pad is required, the 7LED disk can be optional.

The 5V lights consist of addressable LEDs.

#23 5 years ago

Based on some customers' recommendations, I've started adding labels to the wiring harnesses to aid in assembly.

#24 5 years ago

One other thing that may help. If you do another run of the boards, add some labels to the connectors on the board; A & B, 5v & 12v. The pictures should be enough, but i can understand some confusion.

BTW, i love the use of addressable RGB LEDs. These things are amazing.

For anyone on the fence in buying this, the fire effect is awesome.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

One other thing that may help. If you do another run of the boards, add some labels to the connectors on the board; A & B, 5v & 12v. The pictures should be enough, but i can understand some confusion.
BTW, i love the use of addressable RGB LEDs. These things are amazing.
For anyone on the fence in buying this, the fire effect is awesome.

The headers on the board are currently both labeled. One is "SPOT" the other is "LED".

I can see how this can be potentially confusing since all lights are in fact LEDs.

5V & 12V might be equally confusing because there is no way to tell by looking at the lights which is which.

"A", "B", "C" may be the way to go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

If I get to the point of another board revision, I would most likely change the wiring harnesses so that the 12V line uses a 2 circuit (2 wire) connector instead of the current clipped (3 wire cut down to 2) 3 pin header/plug.

#26 5 years ago

I'll have my White Water at TPF again this year. Last year (2018) it was by the front doors in the ColorDMD machines circle.

The Sasquatch Spotlight will be installed as well as Prof_Pinball 's Pinduino White Water left ramp kit.

#27 5 years ago

Got my Bigfoot mod in today was a breeze thanks to the great instructions! I opted not to use the led strip - was just a personal preference can’t wait to see it In Action!

486D0160-66F6-430C-B843-87A697FA706A (resized).jpeg486D0160-66F6-430C-B843-87A697FA706A (resized).jpeg
#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Got my Bigfoot mod in today was a breeze thanks to the great instructions! I opted not to use the led strip - was just a personal preference can’t wait to see it In Action!
[quoted image]

Saw in your thread you only installed 1 habitrail clip on Bigfoot’s cave spot without the full bracket.

That will most likely hold without a problem, but you may notice it rotate downwards over time.

Great job on your machine!

#29 5 years ago

zene10 correct and yes it may... but I put a little piece of tape on the ball guide and that thing is pretty darn solid! Great job man I LOVE the flexibility with this mod! Should have come with this from the factory

#30 5 years ago

One bulb recommendation for running the spotlight without the ramp strip, Comet’s 12V Optix Maximus (not the 6V) version.

It comes in natural white and sunlight. The sunlight pairs nice with this theme.

https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=41988

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

I'll have my White Water at TPF again this year. Last year (2018) it was by the front doors in the ColorDMD machines circle.
The Sasquatch Spotlight will be installed as well as prof_pinball 's Pinduino White Water left ramp kit.

Zene, Going to TPF myself this year, will you have Kits on-site for sale if folks play your machine and feel the urge to order? Thanks!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Zene, Going to TPF myself this year, will you have Kits on-site for sale if folks play your machine and feel the urge to order? Thanks!

Yes.
I will have any remaining Sasquatch Signal kits with me at TPF. I am not sure if I will do a second run of this mod.

I will also have a limited number of Professor Pinball Pinduino kits for White Water , The Getaway: High Speed II , and possibly World Cup Soccer .

1 month later
#33 5 years ago

Going to TPF 2019? I’ll have a limited number of kits with me. LMK if you want one reserved.

#35 5 years ago

“Must have” bump. The hotfoot lighting effect is superb....great stuff here!

7 months later
#36 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

One bulb recommendation for running the spotlight without the ramp strip, Comet’s 12V Optix Maximus (not the 6V) version.
It comes in natural white and sunlight. The sunlight pairs nice with this theme.
https://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=41988

Scott, just ordered the hotfoot version for my new WH2O. Do you stock the Comet Maximus bulbs? If so, I’d prefer sunlight. The link you posted above has changed to this (I think):

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v?_pos=1&_sid=b119588b9&_ss=r&variant=12387009134636

#37 4 years ago

This is one of the best mods for WH2O.

#38 4 years ago

Agree, have it installed, never regretted

3 months later
#39 4 years ago

Love my Bigfoot MOD, its the crown jewel on my game, such a great addition.

2 months later
#40 3 years ago

I got the mod some time ago. It's amazing. The installation took me about an hour or so and especially the Bigfoot hotfoot is looking amazing.

Love it, thank you.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I got the mod some time ago. It's amazing. The installation took me about an hour or so and especially the Bigfoot hotfoot is looking amazing.
Love it, thank you.

Thanks. Glad you’re enjoying it.

1 month later
#42 3 years ago

Love to know how to get one! Also, is the left ramp lighting available anywhere? The prof_pinball seems to be inactive, last seen March 2019. Thanks,

Doc
www.PinballPrices.com

#43 3 years ago

Ok found the store, but what about the ramp lights? thanks

#45 3 years ago

Thanks, awesome. I am also looking for the LEFT ramp blue lights from prof_pinball. He doesn't seem to be active online anymore. Do you have any kits left?

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from DocFinlay:

Thanks, awesome. I am also looking for the LEFT ramp blue lights from prof_pinball. He doesn't seem to be active online anymore. Do you have any kits left?

Pm sent.

Prof_Pinball is active.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01979-pinduino-white-water-interactive-lighting-for-the-ramps

7 months later
#47 3 years ago

March Sale ********** FREE SHIPPING DURING MARCH 2021

Free USA shipping for the month of March on Bigfoot spotlight and Hotfoot mod! Half price shipping for international ($10).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1171-pinball-z/02183-white-water-bigfoot-spotlight-amp-hot-foot-lighting-

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-white-water-bigfoot-spotlight-mod-with-hot-foot-mode?hl=etien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.