(Topic ID: 97184)

New WH20 some questions

By mickthepin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

018.jpg
    017.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Stoked to have picked up a very nice WH20. White powder coated legs and rails, missing mountain, all Led. There is a strip of LEDs at the back of the machine to light the back mountain range from above. The guy i bought the machine from had it attached to something 5v on the boards in the head box that I cant figure out. Can I just attach it to one of the GI lights in circuit to make it light up??
    Also I am having a problem when I lock balls for multi ball. They seem to back up in the ball popper to the upper playfield and the thing is trying to pop up 2 or three balls at once and can't handle the weight of it. Do any of you guys know anything about this problem???
    Thanks for your help
    Mickthepin

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

The guy i bought the machine from had it attached to something 5v on the boards in the head box that I cant figure out. Can I just attach it to one of the GI lights in circuit to make it light up??

Check with the guy. Big difference between 5 volts DC at a board and 6 volts AC at GI. Depending on what he put in there it may matter.

Quoted from mickthepin:

hey seem to back up in the ball popper to the upper playfield and the thing is trying to pop up 2 or three balls at once and can't handle the weight of it. Do any of you guys know anything about this problem???

Check the up kicker for worn or broken/cracked coil sleeve, see if the plastic part the ball rests on and gets kicked from, has any of the 4 fins broken off.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WH20/wh20_cliffy1.JPG
    You probably need an upper palyfield VUK protector.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks LTG it is also telling me to check the bigfoot cave switch. Is that to do with anything?

#5 9 years ago

Big foot cave switch is probably from just not getting to that mode. It's located under the rock on your right on a ramp half way up the Playfield.

#6 9 years ago

Couldn't you simply borrow 5v from pin 6 on the DMD controller plug..? I did similar for my MM, borrowed 12v off pin 7 to power a led strip to light up the back of the cab - hasn't missed a beat..

#7 9 years ago

Good call woka. The light has to be connected to a 12v circuit. It says right on it I don't know what he was going on about it having to be put on a 5v circuit. It makes me question some of the other things he may have done. I got a little shock the other day messing around with a spring on the left flipper. That has never happened to me before and I thought somethings not right here.

#8 9 years ago

Took this pic if you can see whats going on LTG
    Fins look ok Pretty sure the coil is ok as it only happens when the balls stack up, but will check that.
    Where are the balls stored when they are locked? cause it looks to me on this machine that they sit at and on the kicker gumming up the works.
    Thanks Guys

#10 9 years ago

Let there be light

018.jpg018.jpg
    #11 9 years ago

No luck with anything so far. Any other leads on this Ball lock/poper issue?

#13 9 years ago

I had a similar popper issue - the coil had come a bit loose, but I assume if you inspected the sleeve as LTG suggested it would have gotten tightened if it had been loose. The coil stop could also be a problem, as well as maybe a dirty opto?

#14 9 years ago

I had this problem and it was because one of the (opto or switches - cant remember what it has there) was not working. I replaced the switch or opto and it fixed my problem.

#15 9 years ago

Ok cool will do those things and report back. Good to here that this problem is not unknown and has been fixed by some of you.
    Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wh20-some-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.