image-415.jpg
noquotes.PNG
slowMJ_zombie.gif
laugh ass off.gif
the_turd_of_the_dead_by_raskha-d3487rq.jpg
giphy[1].gif
twd.JPG
flyer.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern is not using lines from the characters on the show that will be a huge let down. Is Stern not using them because that would be a separate license? I'm surprised that the actors lines are not present in the game for a pin based on such a heavily character based show. Even with ST early on we saw several characters from the films in the games dots but that's not the case here. Surely Stern could have gotten at least Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon) to do some custom voice work. Norman is already working with Konami on the new Silent Hill's video game so he doesn't appear to mind having his voice used in games. The pin already features a crossbow toy so having Norman do custom lines would have been perfect.
The Walking Dead is about a number of characters surviving in a zombie filled world. As a viewer you get attached to the characters. To not have them represented at all in a pinball machine based on the show is a bummer. I know that there's some appeal to not having characters represented on the playfield to make the game a more generic zombie themed pin. However, at that point why not just make an original zombie themed pin where more money can be put into the games features? It's also possible that with the code being so early that character dots and lines haven't made it into the game yet.

Well said.

I'm one of those who is in favor of a more generic zombie themed pin, but like you said, to have no representation of the TWD characters at all doesn't make sense. They should have just done a generic zombie themed pin at that point.

This is even more important given how bad the call outs are that we've heard so far. Hopefully those will be greatly improved.

I really like the music. And dots.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Sorry but a code update is not going to save the mechanics of this game.

When did you play TWD?

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Same time you did....you like it, you made up your mind, I think I'm free to do the same.

My mind is not made up in any way, shape, or form. Not sure why you think that.

And I certainly never said anything about "the mechanics" being good or bad. You know why? Because I haven't played it. You are the one making proclamations like the mechanics can't be fixed...without ever having played the pin.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I have never seen anyone in these videos make a right ramp shot

Only because you aren't paying attention.

Gary Stern even nailed the right ramp shot in one of the first videos ever posted of TWD.

Quoted from kvan99:

Rob, it's cool man..you can say what you like and you're free to do so (hint) I play it fast and loose and eat crow later if I'm wrong.

No worries, it's all good.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The videos thus far should not be a reason to be glad you passed, firstly we haven't seen one good game yet,

We have now:

#t=22

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

My friend said there were rick grimes and Daryl Dixon call outs when he played it. It was an LE.

Wouldn't that be inconsistent with what Stern said on it's Facebook page?

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Why do you guys have theories on Stern omitting real voice work?
Artistic preservation of a zombie theme? lol
If a company still using a DMD ships games without spinners, RGB insert, PF supports or complete code why would you expect them to add real actor voice work to the BOM?
"The Big Buck Hunter redneck voice helps make TWD timeless without alienating a fan base"
No, it's because that shit costs money & takes time.
It's like a 2012 WOZ thread in here with some of the theories I'm reading
Game still looks damn cool. Hope the sounds, dots & rules become EPIC!

Please explain Star Trek then.

Not only does it have actual voice clips from the film, it has *custom* voice work from one of the actors.

Not exactly consistent with your above theory.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

We need a Bowen tutorial to see what the game can be.

A tutorial doesn't make any sense based on beta code.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Now with what I'm seeing from the boutique guys I wish that I could just have those... AMH, Hobbit, and TBL would be an amazing lineup!

Yeah, and it would only set you back $23,500.00 for those 3 pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-walking-dead-video?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.