image-415.jpg
noquotes.PNG
slowMJ_zombie.gif
laugh ass off.gif
the_turd_of_the_dead_by_raskha-d3487rq.jpg
giphy[1].gif
twd.JPG
flyer.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think it's great that people are stating how important it is to have voices or call outs from the show. If it looks like the lack of them is going really hurt sales, I bet Stern will listen.

Don't count on it. The sound package is the sound package. They didn't change Storm or Shittybeast in X-Men...although some Pinsiders LIKE those voices...ugh lol...so I'm sure plenty of people will be OK with TWD's custom voices. Even Iron Man has Stern's "random redneck voice" and no one complains about it anymore.

Star Trek got Karl Urban because he's a pinball fan. Maybe someone from TWD is a pinhead?

If anything, the voice you hear so far will stay - and a few more will probably be added as code gets polished. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a female character voice added...and maybe another male voice. Tron had male & female computer voices. Star Trek had the computer (female), Klingon & Admiral Stevens.

Unfortunately some games just have bad voices, and they don't get changed to "boost sales".

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I said it when the first review of the game came out last week. What's the point of licensing TWD if you're not going to use the characters? At the time, there were a whole lot of people who seem to just support it being more of a generic zombie pin. That's fine, but TWD is about the characters, not the zombies.

Because it's a pinball game...sometimes pinball is better with a simple narrative. If any game were to work with a simple narrative, it's TWD.
-KILL ZOMBIES!
-SURVIVE!

It features scenarios (Well Walker, prison, fish tank, etc) and language from the show (calling the zombies "Walkers", for instance). Even if it's not 100% accurate to the show, the fact that it has "The Walking Dead" title on it means something...it will attract fans of the show to play it. Even non-fans will see "The Walking Dead" and instantly understand what to do - Kill zombies & survive as long as you can.

POTC didn't feature any voices or many storypoints from the movies. Yet it's one of Stern's all-time best selling games. People see it and say "Oh, Pirates, sweet!"...they look at it...the toys are obvious (sink the ship, open the chest)...they play it and have a good time.

I think voices from the license are usually important...for example, not having Peter Cullen as the custom Optimus Prime voice in Transformers was a huge blow to the game - but he's massively iconic to the license. Are any of the human characters THAT iconic to TWD? In this case, I don't think it's a gamekiller IMO.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I suggest contacting AMC and inform them that the licensed they went into agreement with Stern to produce a pinball machine on their hit series TWD doesn't really depict the show at all. Maybe they will battle with stern to add callouts from their series.

LOL. Stern IS producing the game under the terms of the license. AMC are likely the ones who said "you can't use actor assets from the show" ....LOL ...you think they've been "wronged" and are going to "battle"!?!? Are you insane!?!?

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

then don't agree to the terms and do something else. why make something that doesn't look like what it's suppose to be.
big amc logo everywhere but don't used the actors voice........... WTF is that?

It's called licensing.

Look at "Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean". Translite features Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly, etc. None of them are in the game. Clearly featuring their character likenesses was part of the licensing, but using their voices was not.

Iron Man has Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson prominently featured....neither are even remotely featured in the gameplay AT ALL.

Avengers uses the actors' character likenesses. None of the movie voices are in the game.

This is nothing new. The Walking Dead Pinball LOOKS like The Walking Dead. It doesn't have to stuff the entire literal nature of every season of the show within the game to represent the license.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Judging by the comments here, the sales projections for this game look a bit dim.

No, this is the same thing that happens with every game.

Title announced: HYPE FRENZY!

First shitty videos from a trade show or test location with rudimentary code: THIS GAME BLOWS!!!!

People actually play the game with (quasi) finished code: ACTUAL OPINIONS FORM!

Remember....the quick-to-judge hobbyists thought Iron Man sucked at first...they thought Tron sucked at first...they thought AC/DC sucked at first...

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Sorry but a code update is not going to save the mechanics of this game.

That's what everyone said about AC/DC, Ironman, etc.

Lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman lyman.

I think it'll be fine. In any case...no reason to get worked up over it. Wait till the game comes out, hopefully you can find one to play. Decide if you like it.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Can someone please explain why 95% of the inserts are white? Are their RGB LED's under the game or are they just surface mount white's? If so that kinda sucks

Maybe because of the theme. Red & white make sense. It's not WOZ...you don't need rainbows on TWD

Pro inserts are bulbs...you can change the color to whatever you want.

LE inserts will be boards...and has some color changers. If you don't like the whites, just put some colored gels over the LED board. That's what I did with my Metallica LE for the Fuel gauge inserts and a few others to color them nicely.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's a BS answer. RGB means millions of colors. 1000s of different shades of red alone. Throw in some rust, browns, dark blues, dark anything really. It's a cost cutting move, not a design decision.

Colored inserts don't cost anything more than non colored inserts. The only Pro that's had color changing inserts is ST, and that only had the Starfleet inserts as color changers. Seems like an aesthetic decision that this Pro has so many white inserts. Seems like a Borg thing...Metallica & X-Men also had lots of white inserts.

Don't think there's a conspiracy here.

1 week later
#339 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and what part of "i'm sure" doesn't sound as speculation?

The part where you say "I'm sure" lol

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I knew there was something with TWD and JJP

...and the part where you say "I knew" lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-walking-dead-video?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.