image-415.jpg
noquotes.PNG
slowMJ_zombie.gif
laugh ass off.gif
the_turd_of_the_dead_by_raskha-d3487rq.jpg
giphy[1].gif
twd.JPG
flyer.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nodyeliab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from nich2pat:

Played this game last night at local club night. First impressions were it was just ok. Nothing too special.
PRISON - Hitting the prison doors a couple of times will trap the ball on the magnet in front of the doors. It will then ask you to clear the prison yard or something like that. All of the major shots will be lit and a pretty ordinary animation of some very blocky zombies will appear on the DMD. As you hit each shot a zombie will be killed. From memory I think you need to hit the zombie head inside the prison doors 6 more times (spelling out the word prison) to start Prison Multiball. Very Metallica Sparkyish. It seemed like the prison wasnt registering shots every time, unless you hit the zombie head dead on with force...
It was quite a tricky shot from the right flipper because of the giant...
WELL WALKER - The well walker toy is too big in my opinion. You hit it 4 times to spell WELL and then you need another 5 hits to start multiball. Probably easier to start this multiball than the prison multiball. I wasnt too sure of what was required during multiball, I dont remember seeing any instructions before multiball began.
MODES - Got a few modes started including CDC and BARN modes but didnt really do much with them. I noticed that during CDC mode hitting the CDC ramp earned 1mil, next shot up the ramp was 2mil... didnt get a third shot so cant say if that pattern continues. I did find that hitting the same ramp/orbit during normal play didnt seem to be rewarded. It appeared to favor combos like hitting CDC ramp, then BARN orbit etc. I guess kind of like during a mode in Star Trek where combos earn you more points.
There are a few tricky shots in the game. Once extra ball is lit (by killing 10 walkers - not sure really how I was doing this. After hitting random shots it would say that a walker had been killed and there were x more to go for extra ball) you need to hit the WOODBURY lane. Seems like trying to hit the scoop in Metallica (which I have trouble with) Ball then travels down into the shooter lane and is shot back up into the pop bumpers.
I found that as the ball was coming down from the pop bumpers it would deflect off the side of the right ramp and drain SDTM.
The right ramp is slightly harder to hit than the left. It is quite a long ramp so your shot needs to be hit with a bit of power. Didnt seem to have any SDTM ball drains if the ball did not make it all the way up the ramp. This applied to both ramps. Ball seemed to either come back to a flipper or occasionally a slingshot. I did enjoy making both ramp shots as the ball goes behind the back of the machine and comes back to the opposite flipper.
I also didnt manage to hit the RIOT shot around the back of the prison often at all.
The dots didnt seem to be very good except the match sequence. There are no animations from the actual tv show but that didnt really bother me. I have found that games like BDK which have animations from the movie/tv show seem to be difficult to make out. There is too much going on. Thats just my opinion anyway.
Flow of the game was pretty good. The only time the ball wasnt moving was when it was locked on the magnet before prison mode started and it did seem to be in the bumpers for quite a while. Having said that the Mustang at the club we play at has the ball up in the bumpers for longer... Angle of the game might have been a bit shallow. Ball wasnt moving around as fast as the Metallica, Star Trek or Mustang on site.
As many have mentioned the callouts are not the best, but I think the music is pretty good. I dont leave the venue with any of the songs or call outs stuck in my head. I still have the song from WhoDunnit stuck in my head a day later...

When you say the well walker is too big, how does it compare to wolverine in x-men?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nodyeliab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-walking-dead-video?tu=nodyeliab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.