Topic Stats

• 396 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by coasterguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0843.JPG
zombie_dead_rising2_1xl.jpg
FM-62408-2.jpg
neo-mod.jpg
HP124197-2.jpg
201209006full.jpg
Lastman.png
image-920.jpg
image-415.jpg
noquotes.PNG
slowMJ_zombie.gif
laugh ass off.gif
the_turd_of_the_dead_by_raskha-d3487rq.jpg
giphy[1].gif
twd.JPG
flyer.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttaco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 4 years ago

I seem to get the feeling from what I've seen of the game that whoever was all involved in making it weren't big fans of the show. I just don't see a lot of connection to the show that would make me want to own it. It does seem like you could have not done the license and just make it generic if you were going to go this route. And the voice is a joke, they have to fix that crap...

#167 4 years ago

I just don't get why the characters are plastered on the cabinet and are not in the game at all? I mean that is why people like TWD is because of the characters and their story, not mindless zombie bashing. To me it's disappointing, and sterns own words about making new characters is kind of silly, would they have done that to spider man and given us some similar looking superhero we were supposed to just connect with? Probably wouldn't have been a successful game.....

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think that is the point. They want to connect it to the show, but only very little. Because you want the theme to be timeless. 10 years from now, people arn't going to give a shit about TWD. But with it being focused on the zombies, now it's just a great zombie game. (if it's good that is)

They are doing a VERY good job connecting it very little indeed... And I totally disagree with you, Games like Pirates of the Carribean, Transformers, Batman movie titles etc. didn't have to be timeless and are still great games, BSD is a great game that people love and who the hell has watched that movie in 15 years? So it can totally tie into the show and be a great pin instead of being a vague "zombie" pin.

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Why don't we think sound bytes from the actors of the show won't be added in a future update? Was there an official statementing saying this or am I missing something?

Yes, that was from Sterns FB page, hopefully that changes as this is my dream theme game!

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but this is a TV show, not an epic timeless movie. Pirates did an ok job at keeping the actors out of the pin. TF did a great job of not putting actors in it and keep it about Transformers, which has already earned it's epic status over the past 25 years. If they would have plastered Ladouche's face all over the playfield and cabinet, it wouldn't have been as timeless.

Times have changed, this is the era of these kind of shows being what we are attached to. Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, THE SOPRANOS! So it's not just about movies anymore, and yes it can totally be timeless.

#239 4 years ago

But do you have any idea how many people love TWD? It's not an isolated group, they have plenty of an audience, and do you really think Stern gives a rats ass about the game 10 years from now?

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That's not the point. What's a bigger range?

Fans of TWD. Or Fans of TWD + Zombie fans?

Which one you think is bigger? Why not focus on both audiences? There are many many people out there, that have not seen the show. As you saw earlier with my spoiler alerts and creating an angry mob.

So you're in favor of more generic themed pinballs that appeal to everyone?

#251 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

In general yes, but not always. If it's a timeless subject already and proven so, like Addams Family and TZ. Then use the series and implement it well. TWD hasn't been around long enough to know how timeless it will or will not be. Stern is scared to go with anything not licensed. I think they are trying to cover there ass in both aspects with this one. Which I think is a great idea.

The art package, layout and toys is one of the better ones i've seen out of Stern. I havn't played it, so I can't judge on gameplay or rules. Until I get 50+ games in it, I can't say if it sucks or it's great. Many games out there look great, but suck because of rules or layout. Many games out there look terrible, but are fun as shit.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I personally am not looking for something that is trying to be everything, I actually want this to be specific to the theme that they used for licensing, because obviously I'm a fan. I want to see my favorite characters and hear them, hear sounds from the show etc. Metallica and AC/DC etc. are very specific and sold very well and had only one audience in mind, and I am glad Stern does this, just wish they had done it with TWD.

#313 4 years ago

Now with what I'm seeing from the boutique guys I wish that I could just have those... AMH, Hobbit, and TBL would be an amazing lineup!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Sale Pending!
Gardner, MA
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 50.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
4,600 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Elmwood Park, IL
$ 26.50
$ 19.95
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marco Island, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttaco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside