image-415.jpg
noquotes.PNG
slowMJ_zombie.gif
laugh ass off.gif
the_turd_of_the_dead_by_raskha-d3487rq.jpg
giphy[1].gif
twd.JPG
flyer.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. That's too bad. Like you said I hope pressure from the pinball community can make Stern reconsider. I think that a vast majority of licenses pins need audio from the theme its based on or custom voice work by one of the actors to create attachment with the player. Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Metallica, Simpsons and Family Guy all benefited greatly from having voice work from actors / musicians that are attached to those themes. ACDC is the only game I can think off that pulled off voice work well (Steve Ritchie did a great job) enough without someone attached to the theme. Games like Batman and The Avengers both suffered in part because lines from the films actors are not in the game to create that attachment. When playing Lord of the Rings and hearing a Gimli callout (or anyone else) you know its him. Imagine if it was some random dude? lol. Personally, that would take away from what makes LOTR so great.

Don't forget Sopranos. Could you imagine Stern Sopranos without voices from the HBO show?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are any of the human characters THAT iconic to TWD? In this case, I don't think it's a gamekiller IMO.

Yes, Merle, Rick, The Governer are all iconic to TWD. TWD is all about the characters and their interactions. Its the essence of a show like TWD...just like The Sopranos, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, or Breaking Bad. The reason these shows are so good is because of the characters and to have their voices replaced by random callouts doesn't work in my book. I'm sorry, but I can relate to someone like Glenn on TWD, but I cannot relate to some giant robot that turns into a truck - original voice or not.

Stern, pay the fee, get one TWD voice like Michael Rooker. You will sell more machines.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You can have a simple narrative, and still incorporate the characters. Rick is easily an iconic charater on the show. You could help Rick clear the prison yard (which is what he does anyway). His picture is featured prominently on the side of the pro. To me, if he's not in the game, it's simply getting much closer to being a generic zombie game with nods to the show, and not a TWD themed pinball machine.
It might not bother some people, but not having show characters will bother me. It also may be a fun game, and appeal to casual players. That's fine, I just won't be particularly interested in buying one.

TWD would be literally nothing without Rick and most of the other characters. An hour long show showing zombies killing random people who never interact wouldn't get past the pilot stage. TWD is a classic "serial" show complete with cliffhangers almost every other week and especially at the end of each season. The zombies are secondary and just a series of antagonists. The clever use of them in weird situations (well zombie, bicycle girl, etc.) are just icing on the cake.

I was so excited for this title and ready to deal my LOTR for it. I hope I am wrong.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

I added a comment, stating how much I liked the dots, the music, and the play field layout, but that the voice work needs some serious improvements, and not only was my comment removed within a few minutes, but I can no longer comment on their page. WOW.

Same insanity release after release...

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I just cant figure out why they plaster AMC on the machine and put the characters all over the cabinet and backbox and then not have one of there voices on the game? I could see not wanting to pay them to record special callouts, but they could have used the announcers voice and picked out some good drops from the show. To me if you were not going to use character voices from the show, mambe they should have went with the comic book theme instead. I was pumped when I heard the rumors were true that Stern was making Twd, even more after seeing pics, but after seeing the videos I can't figure out what happened? Still have high hopes but running out of steam.

This...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-walking-dead-video?tu=gearheaddropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.