image-415.jpg
noquotes.PNG
slowMJ_zombie.gif
laugh ass off.gif
the_turd_of_the_dead_by_raskha-d3487rq.jpg
giphy[1].gif
twd.JPG
flyer.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

I seem to get the feeling from what I've seen of the game that whoever was all involved in making it weren't big fans of the show. I just don't see a lot of connection to the show that would make me want to own it. It does seem like you could have not done the license and just make it generic if you were going to go this route. And the voice is a joke, they have to fix that crap...

I think that is the point. They want to connect it to the show, but only very little. Because you want the theme to be timeless. 10 years from now, people arn't going to give a shit about TWD. But with it being focused on the zombies, now it's just a great zombie game. (if it's good that is)

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

They are doing a VERY good job connecting it very little indeed... And I totally disagree with you, Games like Pirates of the Carribean, Transformers, Batman movie titles etc. didn't have to be timeless and are still great games, BSD is a great game that people love and who the hell has watched that movie in 15 years? So it can totally tie into the show and be a great pin instead of being a vague "zombie" pin.

but this is a TV show, not an epic timeless movie. Pirates did an ok job at keeping the actors out of the pin. TF did a great job of not putting actors in it and keep it about transformers, which has already earned it's epic status over the past 25 years. If they would have plastered Ladouche's face all over the playfield and cabinet, it wouldn't have been as timeless.

#238 9 years ago

yes, but with keeping the focus on the zombie aspect. your opening up a broader range of people that will be interested. If you focus on everything from the show, actors and what not, only the fans of the show will really appreciate it. By keeping it vague zombie. You open up the doors for zombie fans in general, and TWD fans. Better marketing by Stern to do it that way.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

But do you have any idea how many people love TWD? It's not an isolated group, they have plenty of an audience, and do you really think Stern gives a rats ass about the game 10 years from now?

That's not the point. What's a bigger range?

Fans of TWD. Or Fans of TWD + Zombie fans?

Which one you think is bigger? Why not focus on both audiences? There are many many people out there, that have not seen the show. As you saw earlier with my spoiler alerts and creating an angry mob.

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

So you're in favor of more generic themed pinballs that appeal to everyone?

In general yes, but not always. If it's a timeless subject already and proven so, like addams family and TZ. Then use the series and implement it well. TWD hasn't been around long enough to know how timeless it will or will not be. Stern is scared to go with anything not licensed. I think they are trying to cover there ass in both aspects with this one. Which I think is a great idea.

The art package, layout and toys is one of the better ones i've seen out of Stern. I havn't played it, so I can't judge on gameplay or rules. Until I get 50+ games in it, I can't say if it sucks or it's great. Many games out there look great, but suck because of rules or layout. Many games out there look terrible, but are fun as shit.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya. I can see Stern trying to cover their butts with this one based on what you described. However, by not including any call outs from the actual show they are alienating fans of the show. A good compromise in my opinion would be Stern hiring a guy like Norman Reedus to do custom callouts (or at least pull in show lines) and offer those callouts and the announcer guy as an option in the games service menu. With the LE having it's main toy an interactive crossbow it would be fitting to have Daryl Dixon lines in the game.

I'm not saying not to have the call outs by the original actors. Call outs will not break the zombie feel. You have to have someone call it out stuff. If it's the actors, then you have fans of the show excited. If your just a zombie fan, your not going to know the difference anyway, so it doesn't matter. That's why the voice call outs don't really matter as much for keeping it neutral. It's all in the art package and how the rules are done which can keep it neutral or not.

#288 9 years ago

if your paying for the rights of something. It seems logical that you would also be able to use whatever sound clips you wanted from that license. Custom work I can see being a problem, but there is so much dialogue they have to choose from, i'm sure they can wing it.

#290 9 years ago

sometimes they can. I'm sure JJP was after this license as well, and Jack might have created a bidding war, which in return would make Gary negotiate to omit more from the license.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

why are you so sure this happened? or is this more wild speculation on your behalf?

I said might, meaning I don't know, but it's a possibility. Need to read closer. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened when negotiating rights.

#308 9 years ago

I was referring might as a possibility to any of it happening. Saying it was a theory in general of what could be. You read it the way you wanted to read it and misinterpreted what I was suggesting.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No i read it and interpreted it the same way anyone who speaks english as their first language would have.
CaptainNeo said:
sometimes they can. I'm sure JJP was after this license as well, and Jack might have created a bidding war, which in return would make Gary negotiate to omit more from the license.
Made as a statement of fact. But couldn't be further from the truth. Not interested in that license.

Nope, apparently you don't know what "Sure" and "might" in this context was referring to. If I knew for sure I would have said.

Jack was after the license as well, and created a bidding war with Gary. Gary in return had to reduce his demand on the license to negotiate rights. <----------that's how it would have sounded if I was stating it as a known fact.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

LOL no.
BTW that reads as fact.

If you reread that statement, I was doing a version of my statement if I was stating things as facts. That would have been the way it was worded. That was the point of that post, is to show him the difference of stating something as fact, or something as a could be or what if situation.

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He was talking about your original statement which was clearly spoken as a matter of fact.
I'm sure JJP was after this license as well, and Jack might have created a bidding war, which in return would make Gary negotiate to omit more from the license.

and what part of "i'm sure" doesn't sound as speculation?

I knew there was something with TWD and JJP but wasn't sure on what interaction they had on the subject. Hence why I made a speculation statement on what could have happened, since I didn't know the story. If it came across as fact. I apologize as it was not my intent when posting.

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The part where you say "I'm sure" lol

...and the part where you say "I knew" lol

i'm sure, used certain ways also means, "i'm taking a guess". Depending on which reference you're using it in.

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I could REALLY use a Budweiser right NOW!

image-920.jpg 46 KB

Actually, i'm thinking more on taking a piece of candy. mm piece of candy.......mmm piece of candy.....mm piece of candy....mm piece of candy.......mmm piece of candy.....mm piece of candy....
mm piece of candy.......mmm piece of candy.....mm piece of candy....

#364 9 years ago

yes I know they are anise candies but the taste like anus.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You've tasted anus??!?

havn't you? You've never tossed a chics salad before?

btw, a clean anus tastes better than those candies.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Lol ,,, Usually that's how u know if u have an Over-bite

From eating ass or the candies?

#377 9 years ago

Lets keep it on track people, we are talking about Anus Squares here.

Post edited by moderator: Permanent thread eject.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I like my Anus with a twist of lime, or even a hint of mint. But usually raw with lemon.

Wouldn't that promote scooting?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-walking-dead-video?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.