Topic Stats

• 396 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by coasterguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0843.JPG
zombie_dead_rising2_1xl.jpg
FM-62408-2.jpg
neo-mod.jpg
HP124197-2.jpg
201209006full.jpg
Lastman.png
image-920.jpg
image-415.jpg
noquotes.PNG
slowMJ_zombie.gif
laugh ass off.gif
the_turd_of_the_dead_by_raskha-d3487rq.jpg
giphy[1].gif
twd.JPG
flyer.JPG

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

A huge franchise like TWD "courts" no one, everyone courts them. The small royalty they will get out of pinball is a drop in the bucket next to the revenue from just one episode's commercials.

True...court is a strong word, but supposedly they did ask if he was interested in "bidding" and he said no.

#302 4 years ago

A huge franchise like TWD "courts" no one, everyone courts them. The small royalty they will get out of pinball is a drop in the bucket next to the revenue from just one episode's commercials.

I'm really offended by your Avatar!

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

If you consider Star Trek a "flop ass game" why would you put it on your wish list if you clearly don't care for it?

Is that a for real question?

Family Guy went off the air once

It was a flop ass show

But I liked it

Do not confuse commercial success with PW79's interests

ST bombed compared to their forecast but I still think it's cool.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm really offended by your Avatar!

Sorry man, can't stand those two.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

why are you so sure this happened? or is this more wild speculation on your behalf?

I said might, meaning I don't know, but it's a possibility. Need to read closer. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened when negotiating rights.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

sometimes they can. I'm sure JJP was after this license as well, and Jack might have created a bidding war, which in return would make Gary negotiate to omit more from the license.

Uh... NO! Not interested in the title. But thanks

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I said might, meaning I don't know, but it's a possibility. Need to read closer. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened when negotiating rights.

No you didn't. You said Might when it came to a bidding war. What you did say was "I'm sure JJP was after this license as well".

Absolutely not.

#308 4 years ago

I was referring might as a possibility to any of it happening. Saying it was a theory in general of what could be. You read it the way you wanted to read it and misinterpreted what I was suggesting.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was referring might as a possibility to any of it happening. Saying it was a theory in general of what could be. You read it the way you wanted to read it and misinterpreted what I was suggesting.

No i read it and interpreted it the same way anyone who speaks english as their first language would have.

CaptainNeo said:
sometimes they can. I'm sure JJP was after this license as well, and Jack might have created a bidding war, which in return would make Gary negotiate to omit more from the license.

Made as a statement of fact. But couldn't be further from the truth. Not interested in that license.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

And there in lies the problem, if sterns intention is to not have a premium this title may flop since the le only accounts for a very small fraction of buyers. In order for a game to be successful it needs to be a knockout with the pro if no premium is available. If the game flops there will more than likely be less urgency to put a lot of time into code. These are just my opinions

LE buyers are a significant portion of machine sells. Everyone seems to agree that the best selling recent stern (ACDC) sold around 5,000 units. Let's assume the. That 3,000 machines is a super successful game. 600 is then 20% with higher profit margins. That is super substantial and my guess is 2,000-2,500 would be successful in sterns eyes.

#312 4 years ago

Compare TWD LE to the BIG L reveal. Wow, these dutch guys have their **** together

#313 4 years ago

Now with what I'm seeing from the boutique guys I wish that I could just have those... AMH, Hobbit, and TBL would be an amazing lineup!

#314 4 years ago

The Big L... man, I think just seeing what they've designed...not to mention the mechanical side of their design...may have just swayed me.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Now with what I'm seeing from the boutique guys I wish that I could just have those... AMH, Hobbit, and TBL would be an amazing lineup!

Yeah, and it would only set you back $23,500.00 for those 3 pins.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The Big L... man, I think just seeing what they've designed...not to mention the mechanical side of their design...may have just swayed me.

With what Dutch pinball has done with bop 2.0 and FH 2.0 I think they've got rules implementation down pat.

If I wasn't such a hardcore TWD fan, and I am, I'm thinking of TBL as a stern game changer.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No i read it and interpreted it the same way anyone who speaks english as their first language would have.
CaptainNeo said:
Made as a statement of fact. But couldn't be further from the truth. Not interested in that license.

Nope, apparently you don't know what "Sure" and "might" in this context was referring to. If I knew for sure I would have said.

Jack was after the license as well, and created a bidding war with Gary. Gary in return had to reduce his demand on the license to negotiate rights. <----------that's how it would have sounded if I was stating it as a known fact.

#318 4 years ago

Guys, it isn't a licensing issue afaik.

Don't know who's releasing the early code and why, but would love to find out.

My friend doesn't have that info and won't inquire.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Guys, it isn't a licensing issue afaik.
Don't know who's releasing the early code and why, but would love to find out.
My friend doesn't have that info and won't inquire.

Why would they bring a code that was terrible in terms of callouts and showcase it at a major event.....to lose sales?

#321 4 years ago

That gets funnier every time I watch it. Especially the girls with their secret language.

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Jack was after the [TWD] license as well

LOL no.

BTW that reads as fact.

#323 4 years ago

JJP only wants family games.
No violence blood gore sex etc.

Now bring on the TWD

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

LOL no.
BTW that reads as fact.

If you reread that statement, I was doing a version of my statement if I was stating things as facts. That would have been the way it was worded. That was the point of that post, is to show him the difference of stating something as fact, or something as a could be or what if situation.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you reread that statement, I was doing a version of my statement if I was stating things as facts. That would have been the way it was worded. That was the point of that post, is to show him the difference of stating something as fact, or something as a could be or what if situation.

He was talking about your original statement which was clearly spoken as a matter of fact.

I'm sure JJP was after this license as well, and Jack might have created a bidding war, which in return would make Gary negotiate to omit more from the license.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

JJP only wants family games.
No violence blood gore sex etc.
No bring TWD back

The Hobbit films can be violent at times but I think Jack may want to avoid themes that are centered around guns and killing. With Stern choosing not to include anything about the shows characters in the game they are taking the human aspect of the show out of the theme and leaving the game to be centered around guns and death. I think it's a lot easier to get a game like Mustang, Star Trek, The Hobbit or Wizard of Oz in a family home then The Walking Dead. Even some locations may not want a TWD due to the theme or items displayed on the playfield. Don't get me wrong I love The Walking Dead TV show but I'm not sure I can see having the game in my home with my wife and I starting a family one day.

#327 4 years ago

I see TWD being a good location game. I think the theme will attract coins for certain.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With Stern choosing not to include anything about the shows characters in the game they are taking the human aspect of the show out of the theme and leaving the game to be centered around guns and death ... Don't get me wrong I love The Walking Dead TV show but I'm not sure I can see having the game in my home with my wife and I starting a family one day.

That's a valid concern. I'm hoping there will at least be a family mode that dials down some of the most gruesome stuff.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He was talking about your original statement which was clearly spoken as a matter of fact.
I'm sure JJP was after this license as well, and Jack might have created a bidding war, which in return would make Gary negotiate to omit more from the license.

I do not read that as a statement of fact at all. He uses the word "sure" in conjunction with the word "might" meaning he is obviously guessing using his best knowledge. At least that's how I read it.

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's a valid concern. I'm hoping there will at least be a family mode that dials down some of the most gruesome stuff.

Yeah. It could be an interesting family mode, lol. I don't know how Stern can do a family mode with this theme. Maybe when it's turned on the gun sounds are replaced by water balloons popping on the zombies, haha.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. It could be an interesting family mode, lol. I don't know how Stern can do a family mode with this theme. Maybe when it's turned on the gun sounds are replaced by water balloons popping on the zombies, haha.

That mode would have to replace almost all of the DMD animations. I doubt there will be a family mode.

Would be kinda pointless too, what with bloated wellverine in the middle looking all rotten. Maybe it comes with a replacement clown toy for family mode.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't know how Stern can do a family mode with this theme.

Shrek ROM.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have kids, they are not allowed to watch the show, but I'm not concerned with the dmd animations.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I do not read that as a statement of fact at all. He uses the word "sure" in conjunction with the word "might" meaning he is obviously guessing using his best knowledge. At least that's how I read it.

in 2 different contexts. He was "Sure" JJP was after the title. He was unsure (MIGHT) have created a bidding war.

What we are stating is that the first part of his statement that JJP was after the title was incorrect in any context.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have kids, they are not allowed to watch the show, but I'm not concerned with the dmd animations.

I'm not either, but I could see where some people might be. I guess those people shouldn't be buying the game in the first place.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

in 2 different contexts. He was "Sure" JJP was after the title. He was unsure (MIGHT) have created a bidding war.
What we are stating is that the first part of his statement that JJP was after the title was incorrect in any context.

Can we seriously put this to rest.

JJP was NOT interested in TWD in any way shape or form.

Pinchroma and CaptainNeo kiss and make up.

#337 4 years ago

JJP was approached for license fees from the email jack had, if I recall correctly. He politely declined TWD license.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

and what part of "i'm sure" doesn't sound as speculation?

I knew there was something with TWD and JJP but wasn't sure on what interaction they had on the subject. Hence why I made a speculation statement on what could have happened, since I didn't know the story. If it came across as fact. I apologize as it was not my intent when posting.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and what part of "i'm sure" doesn't sound as speculation?

The part where you say "I'm sure" lol

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I knew there was something with TWD and JJP

...and the part where you say "I knew" lol

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The part where you say "I'm sure" lol

...and the part where you say "I knew" lol

LOL!

Maybe he missed the definition of sure so i'll just paste it here:

sure (shr, shûr)
adj. sur·er, sur·est
1. Impossible to doubt or dispute; certain.
2. Not hesitating or wavering; firm: sure convictions.
3. Confident, as of something awaited or expected.
4. To be stated as fact.
5. Certain not to miss or err; steady: a sure hand on the throttle.
7. Careful to do something: asked me to be sure to turn off the stove.
8. Obsolete Free from harm or danger; safe.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

JJP was approached for license fees from the email jack had, if I recall correctly. He politely declined TWD license.

Thats a real shame

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

LOL!
sure (shr, shûr)
adj. sur·er, sur·est
4. To be stated as fact.

image-415.jpg

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

LOL!
sure (shr, shûr)
adj. sur·er, sur·est
4. To be stated as fact.

I just hate it when that dang English with its "definitions" and everything gets in the way of a good story.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I just hate it when that dang English with its "definitions" and everything gets in the way of a good story.

Well, at least Alex isn't picking on Neo's usage of Your and You're

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Damn I would have bought that

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Damn I would have bought that

Approached by who?

#347 4 years ago

If the answer is AMC, do not believe it. Any huge franchise such as TWD does not pursue anyone, much less a niche thing such as pinball.

#348 4 years ago

Approached by a contractor? I don't know , who's the in between when a licensor wants licensees?

Jack had the email and my fuzzy memory read he was 'approached' and declined it. Maybe a coworker? A trusted friend? Who knows.

#349 4 years ago

They get between $200,000 and $275,000 for commercials.....no one is pursuing pinball anything.

#350 4 years ago

They get between $200,000 and $275,000 for commercials.....no one is pursuing pinball anything.

Wow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside