Topic Stats

• 396 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by coasterguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0843.JPG
zombie_dead_rising2_1xl.jpg
FM-62408-2.jpg
neo-mod.jpg
HP124197-2.jpg
201209006full.jpg
Lastman.png
image-920.jpg
image-415.jpg
noquotes.PNG
slowMJ_zombie.gif
laugh ass off.gif
the_turd_of_the_dead_by_raskha-d3487rq.jpg
giphy[1].gif
twd.JPG
flyer.JPG

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#2 4 years ago

great video... slow game...

#3 4 years ago

Is that you or Naiomi playing?

#4 4 years ago

Great sounds ! Time to get one !

#5 4 years ago

Where are the call outs?

There was one that sounded like XM!

#6 4 years ago

omg that looks awful.

#7 4 years ago

Much more promising as the other videos yesterday. Like the energetic sound.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from pinjunkie07:

Much more promising as the other videos yesterday. Like the energetic sound.

Im curious what you saw in that video that looked promising. The pop bumper action looked horrible. and the rest looked uninspired.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Is that you or Naiomi playing?

Its lukes video. If it was me the volume would be on max.

#10 4 years ago

The machine should be on location at coogee diggers today and pinfest on the weekend. Great videos are not to far away.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Im curious what you saw in that video that looked promising. The pop bumper action looked horrible. and the rest looked uninspired.

The view from the left side and the great sound of course.

#12 4 years ago

The last time i went to coogee was to see the Angels ..
not to see a pinball machine...
Hope someone can put some quality vid soon

#13 4 years ago

Music isn't bad. Code is clearly suuuuuuuuper early.

#14 4 years ago

Proof is in actually playing but as much as I'd rather not admit it, that doesn't look great at all. I'm not sure how much new code can actually do to improve that gameplay. Those pops are agonizing.

#15 4 years ago

Man that looks slow and boring.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Music isn't bad. Code is clearly suuuuuuuuper early.

+ 1 code was installed just before the vid

#17 4 years ago

Wd will be at coogee diggers now. Expect some great vids to come soon. Looking at you @rgr

#18 4 years ago

Cant see the flippers.... Guess l'll have to make another one

#19 4 years ago

Take the hoagie out of your hand.....

bump your not in the US

we want some vid....

#20 4 years ago

Gameplay looks very boring. How is code gonne save this?

I know for example met did not blow everybody away when they showd first videos. But you saw the interesting shots and layout first time you put your eyes on it.

This one... Meh. At max.

#21 4 years ago

Fuzzy video, pops looked fine, I saw no SDTM issues, or lh lane drains. Looks like you can keep the ball in play for awhile. I agree, code looks newly minted, so updates can improve that, dmd looks nice and graphic.

Game hardly looks 'horrible' or 'uninspired'. Looks like Borg went with a layout that can have speed on the outlanes if hit correctly and besides, this is the pro, not the LE, so this is the stripped version.

Music sounds dark yet energetic.

#22 4 years ago

Im sure theres a plan. Right now I sort of feel the same, it looks very lack luster. With rising prices I will definately wait to play with decent code before I commit on this one.

#23 4 years ago

The ball in the pops seemed slow/clunky, and then every time it came out of the pops it was almost a SDTM drain.

#24 4 years ago

Sounds like the code is very early and of course will improve. I think call outs will improve the game dramatically. Whether or not those call outs are ones taken from the show or are recorded by voice actors is another question. The feature matrix of the game mentions that TWD includes the show's score and music but doesn't mention anything about voices. Having call outs from the shows various characters will really help bring the game to life. While the theme itself is serious I think Stern should consider implementing some comedy into the game by including some funny lines from the show and / or making something to laugh at during one of the modes. Comedy can create charm in a pin which is typically a good thing.

#25 4 years ago

Did they set up this table at 3 degrees????? It looks 1/4 of the speed of the table from yesterday's video.

Someone needs to get this bad-boy set-up RIGHT and level...and then give it a go. You can't tell anything from this new clip!!!

#26 4 years ago

definitely not pitched right. with the ball coming to an almost complete stop up atop the orbit?
You know how early stern code plays. it will only be lackluster on LE release.
I still think it looks like a winner. Pops might need a post added or adjusted before wide release.

#27 4 years ago

I have no doubt that Lyman will develop a great rule set. My concern is that the've taken the generic zombie approach too far. The modes don't seem to follow any of the most memorable story lines, e.g battle the Governor, escape from Terminus, kill the psycho girl. And the call outs and dots don't tie to the show either. This seems like a conscious design strategy that won't really change with the rules. Could still be a very good pin given the zombie backdrop and great rules, but disappointing for big fans of the series.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Cant see the flippers.... Guess l'll have to make another one

We need you to save the day again. I feel like I'm living in a time warp.

#29 4 years ago

people are giving opinions about an game with very early code! this game indeed also seemed to be NOT leveled properly.. i thought the music is very cool! im confident that lyman makes this game an winner,software can make an big difference.. there is no real objective / challenge as of now! and neysayers trying to talk the game down maybe to get 1 in the future at low price

#30 4 years ago

It appears to have lots of bumper play action. Every video I have seen it seems like the ball is in the bumpers half the time. It also appears to be a real shooter game where precise shots are needing to be aligned in order to clear the ramps. The DMD call-outs look promising.

#31 4 years ago

pitch does look off resulting in very slow play, however, I am sure code update with better call outs, sounds, and music will help this title very much...funny how everyone jumps to conclusions based on
small snippets of video...Yes, I know this is the only thing we have to go on currently, but be patient, I am sure that it be a fine machine in the end!

#32 4 years ago

Like ST this will be one of the most anticipated titles to let everyone down again : (

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Like ST this will be one of the most anticipated titles to let everyone down again : (

Really? ST hasn't let me down.

#34 4 years ago

Looking good to me, a lot of negative post but what else is new. If I watched a video even now of Tron I see nothing all that exciting same with AC/DC but playing them is a different story. Anything is better than old bands and superhero's for me thus the theme makes it a winner no matter what, the LE in a dark room with proper sound will be kick ass.

#35 4 years ago

I just want see Stern use voice material from the show similar to Tron, IM, ST, FYG, etc.

#36 4 years ago

Sorry Tom, what I meant is expectations get insane over a release which only leads to disappointment .

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Sorry Tom, what I meant is expectations get insane over a release which only leads to disappointment .

I know.

#38 4 years ago

Gameplay looks a little sluggish and boring to me. I'm sure it will get better with new code, etc. but a little disappointed at this point. I don't have a horse in this race as I'm not planning to buy one, but always interested in playing the new games and hoping for the best for fellow pinheads who are purchasing.

#39 4 years ago

I am not a fan of this theme or zombies in general, but this game looks terrific.

I was thinking about a Refinery IM VE, but a TWD LE is suddenly in the running.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

To be fair ST was a roller coaster. High expectations at first because it was Steve Ritchie - but it wasn't nearly as insane as other titles because the photoshop pics were released and about 90% of the community dogged it (self included). Then we got video, then we got to play it and it was phenomenal and expectations rose again only to fall due to lack of code support which has been sterns thorn.

So I think TWD pre release is slightly different than ST as expectations were high cause it's borg + Lyman + zombies + good looking initial pics. It's hard to judge a game off initial release and one or two videos. That game doesn't look pitched or setup right. I'll hold judgement til after I play it

#41 4 years ago

The layout looks cool for the most part. A lot like MET, but I love MET. I am really not digging the lower right pop bumper, though. Just when it's about to leave the pops and get back into the action, it fires and sends it all the way back up that loop.

I love those ramps that extend into the back, though. Very cool aesthetically to lose sight of the ball even though it's still 100% in control.

#42 4 years ago

After seeing all of these videos, I went and rated this machine 10 as I think from these videos I can tell that I love the game. From the videos I can tell that the gameplay is unparalleled, the sounds are inspiring and the NIB smell is stronger than ever before.

The videos inspired me to create 3 new accounts and use them all to give 10 scores to assist in propping up this game.

The videos are so good, I will never actually play the game at all.

#43 4 years ago

I'm curious what the pitch was on the game. The ball seemed to hang in the pops quite a while. I'm really hoping that descent left orbit shots can return to the flippers and bypass the pops.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

After seeing all of these videos, I went and rated this machine 10 as I think from these videos I can tell that I love the game. From the videos I can tell that the gameplay is unparalleled, the sounds are inspiring and the NIB smell is stronger than ever before.
The videos inspired me to create 3 new accounts and use them all to give 10 scores to assist in propping up this game.

Sometimes I think a lot of people actually do this when I see what's up in the Top 100. I think machines should have a 2 year grace period before being included in the ranking, because every time a new game comes out it hits top 20 because of the hype whether it's great or not it seems.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Sometimes I think a lot of people actually do this when I see what's up in the Top 100. I think machines should have a 2 year grace period before being included in the ranking, because every time a new game comes out it hits top 20 because of the hype whether it's great or not it seems.

Avengers was #1 for a while there. We all know how that turned out.

#46 4 years ago

from this video, the only thing that looks good is the dots.

where's the sounds effect?
call out?
light show?

all i can say right now is... meh!

#47 4 years ago

2500 by christmas

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

And this is exactly why you never use the top 100 list to judge a machine let alone influence a purchase!

#49 4 years ago

If Stern is not using lines from the characters on the show that will be a huge let down. Is Stern not using them because that would be a separate license? I'm surprised that the actors lines are not present in the game for a pin based on such a heavily character based show. Even with ST early on we saw several characters from the films in the games dots but that's not the case here. Surely Stern could have gotten at least Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon) to do some custom voice work. Norman is already working with Konami on the new Silent Hill's video game so he doesn't appear to mind having his voice used in games. The pin already features a crossbow toy so having Norman do custom lines would have been perfect.

The Walking Dead is about a number of characters surviving in a zombie filled world. As a viewer you get attached to the characters. To not have them represented at all in a pinball machine based on the show is a bummer. I know that there's some appeal to not having characters represented on the playfield to make the game a more generic zombie themed pin. However, at that point why not just make an original zombie themed pin where more money can be put into the games features? It's also possible that with the code being so early that character dots and lines haven't made it into the game yet.

#50 4 years ago

The game looks slow and weak. I'll go pro 3700- 3900 time Christmas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
4,700 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Silver Spring, MD
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside