Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Micky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“With the recent uptick in demand/top 100 shakeup for 80's SS machines (due in part to excellent games such as TNA coming to fruition), what's your current favorite?”

• EM 5 votes
    6%
  • Early SS 23 votes
    26%
  • Late SS 10 votes
    11%
  • DMD 33 votes
    37%
  • Present Day 18 votes
    20%

(89 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

decades (resized).jpg
six (resized).jpg
bally (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Post pics/stories of your favorite games in your collection and let us know what makes them so great! What makes a certain era better than the others in your opinion?

#2 1 year ago

Well I'm playing DI the most because I just got it, but It's obviously not the best era with it being so new.
Right now my most played are SS. I don't have a ton of time to play with a 1 year old and I find I can crank out the most games with the likes of FG & Whirlwind. I'd probably play EMs just as much but they're too noisy

#3 1 year ago

Right now, AC/DC VE. Not just because it's the newest, but because it is amazing how it's kicking my ass. Great game. Second to that would be Team One (EM). Also a butt kicker.

#4 1 year ago

Having a love affair with system 11's right now since I picked up a F-14. It's my oldest in my collection but I love all my games that range from the early 90's to present day. My WOZ is still amazing to me. And I can't get enough of Whirlwind that's on location by me as well as Space Shuttle. Heck I just like them all.

#5 1 year ago

It's tough, with all the new games I have been loving the advances in technology, but there is still something to be said for greats like Cyclone, Gorgar and Mystery Castle. I love fast games that keep you on your toes. I think Total Nuclear Annihilation is gonna be quite the hit as it just mixes the right amount of every era into one brutal experience!

#6 1 year ago

Early SS is my vote. With all the cost involved in a restoration (especially if you're paying someone for the work), the costs will likely be in line with a remake. Just think... A game true to the original in look, but modern guts and ability for more advanced programming.

bally (resized).jpg

#7 1 year ago

Now that's beautiful.

#8 1 year ago

I honestly can't seem to make up my mind.

six (resized).jpg

decades (resized).jpg

#9 1 year ago

Oh my. Very nice as well.

#10 1 year ago

I wonder, how many people gravitate to the era in which they "discovered" pinball? I am not talking about playing a few games, but when they got hooked. Sure, I love modern games. But there is something about the classic Bally's, Stern's and Williams' that just make me smile.
Also, I feel like I am in a slump with the new games coming out lately in that I am just not excited by very many of them. Right now the "newest" pin I would consider buying is Metallica, and that is not new. I don't count TNA as it isn't out yet.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I wonder, how many people gravitate to the era in which they "discovered" pinball?

Most

#12 1 year ago

I haven't played one of my B/W DMD pins in about a month. It's been all early 80's solid state machines for me. I have been in the process of gathering up parts for a EBD restore.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Early SS is my vote. With all the cost involved in a restoration (especially if you're paying someone for the work), the costs will likely be in line with a remake. Just think... A game true to the original in look, but modern guts and ability for more advanced programming.

That is nice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 16.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 239.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edmonton, AB
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
Exton, PA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 139.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside