FA627168-7D54-4BCE-B119-8CEC01BC5D61 (resized).jpeg
E1A127F5-5D51-4408-97AB-BD81B5CA3B27 (resized).jpeg
9312E6C7-B2CE-42BD-9E7A-4043910F3628 (resized).jpeg
EDB48658-BD0F-4A5F-8375-B3B8507B6E15 (resized).jpeg
24EAFC1D-D61A-4DC8-9542-7EC2503160A3 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
205FC46F-59A5-4E48-8AF1-7CF88E763A34 (resized).jpeg
1819A76E-F77C-4C6C-962D-747487DD1636 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d-gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

The machine is set for 3 balls, first off. That is why one of the target banks light up. The Jones plug to adjust is under the playfield. The tilt switches can be very sensitive. The slam switch in the coin door should be normally closed.

#5 4 years ago

The ball needs to be in the outhole before the game will start, even after a fresh reset.

#6 4 years ago

As far as your score reels are concerned, yes I would reattach the wire. I would clean and check the contacts on that reel. The one that closes as the 1000s reel hits 9 is the one I would chase down.

#8 4 years ago

Is the ball kicked out to the shooter lane when you push the start button?

#10 4 years ago

Ok. A manual and schematic is needed at this point. Order from PBR. You can poke around and examine relays for adjustment and such, but be careful. I don't have a manual with me right now, but will be back this evening and take a look at the reset sequence. It could be as simple as a dirty outhole contact.

#14 4 years ago

The AX should be on the motor board in the cabinet near the chime box.

#16 4 years ago

The tile slam switch on the motor board needs to be open.

#19 4 years ago

I will have to check the status of those slam switches. I have a Volley, so it won't be too hard to do...

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think it’s the opposite. Needs to be closed.
Have you checked the ball count unit? It seems like it’s not advancing properly or has dirty contacts?

My bad. That is correct. The only slam switch that should be open is the one attached to the playfield. The ones on the coin door, motor board and in the backbox need to be closed.

#23 4 years ago

First try cleaning the three sets of normally closed tilt switch contacts in the machine with a file. It sounds like they may not be making good contact.

#25 4 years ago

Are there credits showing in the credit window?

#27 4 years ago

So, at this point what I would suggest without having the machine in front of me, would be to check the AX relay for proper operation. Dirt has a way of getting between contacts and ruining your day. The ball count unit also probably needs attention. The simple fact that it did work and now refuses to most likely means dirty contacts somewhere. The manual will have the startup sequence described.

#31 4 years ago

You are gonna have some issues. Just because you see the relay pulling doesn't mean it is making good contact. Expect some more issues like this.

#33 4 years ago

Happy to help. This guide has been very helpful for in understanding and repairing ems

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#36 4 years ago

The schematic shows what is connected to what. If you look for the target bank reset relay, you can see what it is connected to and inspect those components.

#45 4 years ago

It could be simply dirt. Since you said earlier that it was working, my experience is that a dirty contact would be to blame. Try cleaning the score motor contacts. Intermittent problems are usually caused by dirt, a cold solder joint, a broken coil wire (relay in your case) or solder tabs that are too close together.

#48 4 years ago

Could be the contacts at the score motor are not opening.

#51 4 years ago

The score motor tilts up towards the edge of the board. It is retained by a clip. You can actually unmount the entire motor by spreading the mounting ears. Be careful, there are 120 volts going through a set of contacts so unplug the machine first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d-gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-volley-with-some-issues?tu=d-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.