Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CA4751C-E434-41BD-B41B-1868DBB3B530 (resized).jpeg
    20190308_221825 (resized).jpg
    20190128_200427 (resized).jpg
    20181204_195515 (resized).jpg
    BA1CD353-A3DD-451D-BA09-90BDCE1BE97D (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

I am really excited about virtual pinball.... it was visual pinball a long time ago that helped me get back into this hobby. I know this will be unpopular opinion here, but it really is just a matter of time before the physics in visual pinball equal real pinball machines.... and once they are close... the reality is you can do some really cool virtual stuff.

I made a virtual pinball machine that had a CRT in the cabinet (it was before flat TV's were even close to affordable). Good concept... but the stuff they are doing now is just amazing.

Someone here was selling a cab with a 4k display in it and I have to say it looked really impressive (at least over video). That got me back in the mood to build one for real this time.

the Zen Williams tables are pretty good on the XBOX One. It would be so nice if they allowed a vertical mode for the XBOX.... could start building a pretty reasonable cost virtual cabinet if it was based on an XBOX ONE and nice TV.

#16 4 years ago

Maybe someone from Zen can weigh in on if they would ever enable vertical mode for consoles here.

Xbox makes the adaptive controller which allows interesting ways to hook things up...
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/xboxadaptivecontrolleraccessories

I would think there would be a way to give some sort of feedback as the normal controllers all give feedback.

I would totally build a cabinet if we could do one console based...

I think you would want to keep it an economy build though as there is no potential for two monitors.... so no live active backglass which would be a bummer.
    Hmmm... maybe scrap that idea, if I am going to trouble to build a cabinet, it has to have a backglass.

Maybe just make a custom pinball controller for the xbox instead....

3D has been done . Playstation 3 has pinball in 3d you can play, pretty cool, I tried that at pinnburgh a year or so ago and it was pretty cool. I think the 3DS has some pinball, but I have not tried. And then there is BAM for visual pinball (I think that is what it was called, it did not look simple to set up though).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=ataritoday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.