Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CA4751C-E434-41BD-B41B-1868DBB3B530 (resized).jpeg
    20190308_221825 (resized).jpg
    20190128_200427 (resized).jpg
    20181204_195515 (resized).jpg
    BA1CD353-A3DD-451D-BA09-90BDCE1BE97D (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I built a virtual machine years ago. Sold it because the technology wasn’t quite where I hoped it would be at. At the time my biggest problem with it was the graphics, I felt that they needed a 4K tv with high quality images.
    BUT. There are great virtual pinball games that CAN NOT be reproduced in the real world. I’m not so narrow minded that I can’t enjoy a video game. This might be great, even if it’s not for some people.
    I prefer playing virtual pinball standing at a machine, not sitting at my computer

I also assembled a virtual pin several years ago, and came away feeling very “meh” in the end. The worst part for me was the letdown I felt after spending so much time pulling my hair out getting PinMAME configured; it was the most tedious, mind-numbing thing I’ve ever done on a computer other than editing metadata and downloading album art when I ripped my CD and LP collection years ago, and the end product was still glitchy and tweaky, and not nearly as enjoyable as the real thing. I would have MUCH rather spent those seemingly endless hours I wasted at the command prompt with some good old-fashioned hand tools, a soldering iron, and a VOM giving new life to some cool old machine!

On the other hand, if someone makes a truly turnkey, fully-baked virtual pin based upon some of those great Zen or other video games (that are either impossible or prohibitively costly to render as physical machines), I’d certainly think about giving the virtual pin idea a second look.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

The day I made the decision to simply not care anymore about album art in my MP3s was a great day in life.

I really tried hard to force myself to be OK with skipping it, but my OCD traits ultimately got the upper hand! I had about 4000 CDs and 250 LPs at the time, so it was a fairly monumental task.

Also, I did the bulk of my ripping in the early 2000s when the capability of displaying art was still a novel idea and I sort of felt as if I would be missing out by skipping it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=Thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.