Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CA4751C-E434-41BD-B41B-1868DBB3B530 (resized).jpeg
    20190308_221825 (resized).jpg
    20190128_200427 (resized).jpg
    20181204_195515 (resized).jpg
    BA1CD353-A3DD-451D-BA09-90BDCE1BE97D (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EalaDubhSidhe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

The real intrinsic problem you're going to get with a homemade bigass virtual cab is no how matter how 'good' or 'natural' the physics get, the display latency on your average 4K screen is JUST enough to throw off your aim in an inconsistent and unpredictable way, on a game where pinpoint muscle-memory timing is crucial.

#39 4 years ago

I still use VP as a bona-fide design tool, you know.

#54 4 years ago

4K TVs are 'cheap' these days - I bought mine precisely to use as a 4K HDMI 'monitor' for desktop PC design work. But if you're going all-in on this kind of project with a proper 4K monitor with the minimum latency possible, what brands should you be looking at and how much would you expect to have to budget for that alone?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EalaDubhSidhe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-virtual-pinball-machine-?tu=EalaDubhSidhe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.