Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CA4751C-E434-41BD-B41B-1868DBB3B530 (resized).jpeg
    20190308_221825 (resized).jpg
    20190128_200427 (resized).jpg
    20181204_195515 (resized).jpg
    BA1CD353-A3DD-451D-BA09-90BDCE1BE97D (resized).png
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from parabol420:

What do the solenoids and the gear mech do?

They do add a nice shake and thud to the game. Some machines have 2 sound systems too. One for game sounds and another to mimic the ball roll and mechanical knocks and bangs.

#52 4 years ago

Poor man's feedback I think they call it or something similar.

One thing you'll realize when building these things is that cost adds up. Why anyone would cheapen out on one if the most important things like FF I have no idea.

If they're are three things you absolutely nail with the build is a strong gfx card (1070 or 1080), 4k screen and force feedback. The rest like dumb fans, Ied flashers etc.... Nice to haves

#53 4 years ago

Do you need a separate power supply for the ff solenoid stuff?

#54 4 years ago

4K TVs are 'cheap' these days - I bought mine precisely to use as a 4K HDMI 'monitor' for desktop PC design work. But if you're going all-in on this kind of project with a proper 4K monitor with the minimum latency possible, what brands should you be looking at and how much would you expect to have to budget for that alone?

1 month later
    #55 4 years ago

6CA4751C-E434-41BD-B41B-1868DBB3B530 (resized).jpeg6CA4751C-E434-41BD-B41B-1868DBB3B530 (resized).jpeg

Built my first cab almost 5 years ago. Built this smaller one about 4 years ago out of an old FP2 cabinet.

After I started collecting real pins, I switched this one to a dedicated Timeshock machine. As soon as I turn it on, it automatically loads up Timeshock and that’s all I play on it.

1 month later
    #56 4 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

One real pinball machine is better than 1000 emulated ones.
    VP is a stage many go through and then move onto real pinball - just matter of time. I love tech but VP has so many drawbacks that you will learn about in time. You think you are bypassing all the hastle and cost of real pinball but in the end a very limp experience.
    VP is the blow-up-doll of the real pinball dating world.
    My proof is that no one in the pinball hobby who has owned a few real games will go out and buy one.
    My advice, buy a real pin and the largest tablet to play VP on. I’m not saying VP isn’t fun by the way just saying that it’s not pinball.

I normally don't chime in on this topic, because I know many folks cant look at it with an open mind. But I cant let this go unspoken to either. Of course virtual pinball has drawbacks, its not real Pinball and it has no balls. Sheesh!

As like so many others who routinely bash virtuals, you are comparing apples to oranges, and that really cant be expanded on much further. So in summary...TPA, VP, VP10, Virtual Pinball or whatever you want to call it, is not pinball..period end of story. Its a simulation and is NOT intended to replace or compete with the real thing. In other words, its a freaking video game and you expect an experience equal to the real thing, your gonna be disappointed.

Yes I am knee deep in "blow-up doll" Virtual pinball community and I am a leading developer for VP10 content with nearly 100K worldwide downloads of the tables I have created. Its not very hard to find my work at all, and I can assure it is some of the best availbe...all for free. I also have a totally tricked out virtual Pincab with all of the force-feedback, nudge, tilt and all of the bells and whistles to create the most life-like simulation possible. I also currently own seven real pins, and that well proceeded getting into the virtuals. So you are off on that account too.

I guess I might be coming off as pissy a bit, but that's really not my intent. Its just annoying when folks trash the virtuals cause they don't measure up to the real thing. But again, they are not the real thing.

I currently have over 250 VP10 table sims on my cab and like anything else, the quality of them can range from not so good, to "Holy Shit that's awesome" since they are created by various folks with various degrees of skill! I actually have all of the tables on my cab configured with my own personal physics and settings to ensure the best experience too, and everyone who has played my cab, has NEVER been disappointed. Once you guys go into it open-minded and play a well equipped, well tuned cab with all of the features such as mine, with hundreds of high quality tables that are optimized to the maximum degree, you wont leave disappointed and if you do, your likely just not being honest.

I will further submit that if you played my cab, it would be equivalent you would be trying to knock the bottom out of this "blow-up doll" with the biggest smile on your face, and you would likely keep patching that worn bitch up again and again, to give her another hard-core pounding. Yes well done "virtual Pinball" is that good, if your open minded about what it truly is!

4 months later
    #57 4 years ago

I have room for 4 pinball machines in my house. I am able to keep 3 real games and then use the virtual pinball for every other pinball machine in the history of pinball.

It's really awesome honestly. Using Pinball FX3 and VPX with all the toys and force feeback, the games are very very fun to play. If I didn't have the virtual pinball machine, I would never get to play any of the classic older games which I love. I absolutely love mine and I think it is worth it 100%.

2 months later
    #58 4 years ago

Currently building one of these

How much space does a wpc or new modern table take space wise on hard drive

Will a LCD work for the main monitor ?

6 months later
    #59 3 years ago

3 weeks later
    #60 3 years ago

Getting a machine on Saturday. Sunday starting to program, should be fun!

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Serus:

I have room for 4 pinball machines in my house. I am able to keep 3 real games and then use the virtual pinball for every other pinball machine in the history of pinball.
    It's really awesome honestly. Using Pinball FX3 and VPX with all the toys and force feeback, the games are very very fun to play. If I didn't have the virtual pinball machine, I would never get to play any of the classic older games which I love. I absolutely love mine and I think it is worth it 100%.

yeaaaaaah my basement remodel is shrinking my game room size. So I may end up doing this as well. In 2012 I did get parts to build one but never made the cab to drop them in. But soon, I think I will have to go full blown vp cab so I can always play something else, while keeping the core collection.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/2?hl=derick2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.