Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Compy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamescardona.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

writing new rules for DM - still in beta but here is a video of my 2nd video mode

#7 11 years ago

what would you suggest for video mode changes?
Moving super jackpot not really possible since there is a sign above right ramp.
Claw modes are different on my code - freeze is eliminated. maybe you will still find it easy though. You can set the machine on hard if you like. Fonts are being checked out now actually, so hopefully we can come up with something more to everyone's liking. Haven't found the exact same ones in the game yet. Thanks for the kind words and hopefully this takes the game up a few notches.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks Chris - the shooting gallery video mode code is set up for max of 3 bullets at a time.

#12 11 years ago

The beta testers requested a shooting type video mode and the game does have gun handles so that makes sense, but I get that the aliens are out of place. I am thinking to change out the aliens for something different from the movie to shoot at. Any other ideas?

As for the appearance of the mode, I understand no one wants too many video modes in a pinball machine because it is a pinball machine not an arcade game. I had the same problem with Dr Who. The VMs are actually pretty rare how I have it set now. It doesn't look that way in the youtube video because I had the machine in test mode so they would keep coming up. Currently the VMs are awarded by collecting a certain amount of combos, just like the computer awards, except the computer award is collected at the subway while the VMs are collected at either the eject saucer or the top popper. There are 2 different VMs and I suspect that a typical game might see one of them or maybe 2 on a 3 ball game.

Oh and by the way - thanks for the suggestion about baddies firing back - I will be incorporating that so that the player is forced to move. Don't know why I didn't think of it.

All the other modes and multiballs have been written already and are completed by the way.
Thanks again for all your input.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 81.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Wheaton-glenmont, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels
Interactive
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
4,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lee's Summit, MO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamescardona.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-video-mode-for-dm?tu=jamescardona and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.