Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_(2).JPG
    photo_(1).JPG
    photo.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Some of you know that I am a computer geek and pin nut by day but by night are a speed (car) freak. I own a few speed shops one of which does body / paint / powdercoating work for some of this area's exotic cars. (We had Busta Rhymes Lime Green Murcielago in a few weeks ago).

While customers have always been into the bling it was never really my thing however after seeing a full chrome kit on a TZ I decided to take a few spare parts and chrome them in my shop.

The results are fantastic. I started with a turd of a lockdown bar. Rusty, Pitted. Had my guys clean and buff then dip..

Here is what came out.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG photo_(1).JPGphoto_(1).JPG photo_(2).JPGphoto_(2).JPG

I am going to begin doing Plating and Powder Coating at discounts for pinsiders. I'll pretty much powder or paint anything you can throw at me.

I still dont know prices for everything but for example a Lockdown bar assembly standard from Bay is 45 dollars. Send me yours and Ill chrome it for that much (+ shipping of course).

Let me know if anyone is interested and what you have in mind.

-Alex

#2 11 years ago

Wow, that's nice!

#3 11 years ago

Looks very cool.

#4 11 years ago

Looks Very nice!

How about brass plating? I've got some IJ parts I need plated.

#5 11 years ago

I would like to say yes but I haven't done my own yet . I won't guinniepig a customers parts. I'll take a few pin parts and see how it turns out.

I can certainly do a spectacular gold powder coat as well

Check out www.prismaticpowders.com. Thats all we use. Fantastic color capabilities.

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/. Search for brass.

*edit*. Check out transparent brass color

#6 11 years ago

Awesome Alex!!!

#7 11 years ago

One thing to note guys. I am NOT marking this stuff up. I have zero interest in making any real money off this. Just a few bucks to pay my guys for the work and time.

For example it cost $150 for a chrome lockdown bar retail and $50 for a standard one. Send me yours and I'll chrome it for $50. Save 100 bucks.

I may buy a few chrome them and sell them for like 120ish.

*edit*. As I have already gotten a bunch of messages there is a big difference between polished "chrome" and chrome plating. Polished is polished. Put to a wheel and buffed. This stuff is plated. I don't like polishing as the results are never consistent. Always depends on what you start with

#8 11 years ago

always wanted to send out a bicycle frame and have it chromed
    would hopefully hold up much better then paint

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

We had Busta Rhymes Lime Green Murcielago in a few weeks ago

Love the lime green Lambos.....

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

always wanted to send out a bicycle frame and have it chromed
    would hopefully hold up much better then paint

Lol I'll do it if you want. And it doesn't necessarily hold up better. Depends on the quality of paint and the conditions you ride in.

#11 11 years ago

Excellent offer. You'll probably be inundated in no time.

#12 11 years ago

How about Gottlieb EM coin doors?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

How about Gottlieb EM coin doors?

Send me a picture but I don't see why not?

#14 11 years ago

Alex think you are onto something having somewhere to take a bunch of parts to either get chrome plated or powder coated would be great, lot of places do not want to do the small fiddley stuff.

Was looking at my bigs guns and thinking all of the wire ramps would look good red powder coated, biggest problem is finding somewhere that would do it.

#15 11 years ago

I would gladly do it but I doubt the shipping from Aus would be cost effective? Probably cost more than the coat

#16 11 years ago

chromed Gottlieb coin doors. That would be great!

#17 11 years ago

Didn't gottlieb make many versions of their coin doors? Send me pics?

Obviously plating adds a slight bit of layering to anything so expect a 1/32-1/64th of an inch added to the metal so for me I need to make sure on coin doors that the plastic coin accepter inserts still fit after plating. they will obviously if a tad bit of sanding is done

The rest is easy.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Love the lime green Lambos.....

Yeah it's an interesting car. Great to look at and a blast to drive but I couldn't see owning one. Gallardo is a better all around package although if I had a choice (which I don't lol) it would be a 458 for me.

#19 11 years ago

Very tempting for the xenon I just did up. I'm over in ct so shipping shouldn't be too bad. What about side rails?

#20 11 years ago

If its metal I can chrome or pc it. Just let me know which way you want to go so I can quote it out

#21 11 years ago

What is the stronger finish for my TOTAN skill shot assembly, powder coat or brass plate? I picked up a repro to replace my original, but it is pretty raw and dull looking. Would like to finish it somehow before installing it.

#22 11 years ago

Don't have a TOTAN so I'm not sure which part you are referring too or how much surface contact the ball makes with it? Likely brass plating would be the right way to go however if only a certain surface makes contact then you could pc and Mylar a small section?

Have a picture?

#23 11 years ago

This one? Right side metal assembly?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-finding-small-metal-bracket-for-totan-skill-shot-plastic?bb_attachments=118636&bbat=13808

You would be fine with a pc on it. Transparent brass is what I would do.

#24 11 years ago

Yes, that is the one. I was thinking the brass but had heard that pc was just as durable. Thanks

#25 11 years ago

Let me know when you are willing to take on the brass plating. Don't mind being a test as I still have a backup assembly anyway.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Let me know when you are willing to take on the brass plating. Don't mind being a test as I still have a backup assembly anyway.

I'll let you know tomorrow. Let me do one of my pieces first

#27 11 years ago

Sounds great!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Gallardo is a better all around package although if I had a choice (which I don't lol) it would be a 458 for me.

+1 Saw a yellow 458 today with some sweet exhaust mods on it. First time I drooled in public in 3 years.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-venture and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.