(Topic ID: 199430)

New Vehicle - GMC Acadia or Honda Pilot???

By pcprogrammer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which vehicle would you choose?”

• GMC Acadia - 2015/2016/2017 Models - 6 Cylinder 37 votes
      33%
    • Honda Pilot - 2015 Model - 6 Cylinder 54 votes
      48%
    • Another SUV similar to those two in size, weight, towing and engine. 21 votes
      19%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1186 (resized).JPG
    DSCF0200 (resized).JPG
    DSCF0201 (resized).JPG
    Chevrolet-Traverse-Redline-front-three-quarter-1 (resized).jpg
    DSCN5542 (resized).JPG
    bb40acac (resized).jpg
    Tasty Taco.jpg
    c1fec951470d1700903a123a6df27e2b (resized).jpg
    1976_Toyota_Corolla (resized).jpg
    2013 Toyota Landcruiser 70.jpg
    f25967ba038798c9e2ca52a3ef0f75c2 (resized).jpg
    HS.jpg
    New Landcruiser in Bronze color.jpg
    edge-02 (resized).jpg
    edge-01 (resized).jpg
    20151218_174757 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 6 years ago

I used to be a complete Ford fanatic until I started buying Toyotas and Lexus's in 2002. All I do is change the oil and tires.Never had to pay a dime at the dealer yet.They don't take much off the price when you buy them but you get a lot better quality.I even have a 1996 Camry with almost 200,000 miles on it and it runs like a top.

#90 6 years ago

I'm not surprised to see Dodge Ram at the bottom of the list.I was getting my tires changed at the Dodge/Toyota dealership and was talking to the Toyota mechanic there.They have just one Toyota mechanic and four dodge mechanics.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My first one. 20R with rear wheel drive. Paid $500 for it in 1983 and drove it for years. At which point my roommate paid me $500 for it and he drove it for years...

My dad had one like that.It would not die.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I am well prepared for the future.
    I have already bought replacements for the only parts I expect to see wear out on my 2001 Tacoma.

That's a good idea.

1 month later
    #168 6 years ago

Get a used Toyota Sequoia.I've had mine since 2010 and it's been great.Tows my 27 foot travel trailer.Lots of room for kids and their friends.Plenty of power.Turns on a dime.Never had a problem for 90'000 miles .I just change the oil and air filter every year .That's it.

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

That would be my preferred price range, 16k to 18k give or take a little. This is the problem with Toyota though, a 7 to 9 year old Highlander for 16k? I looked at a 3 year old Chevy Traverse this summer for 17.5k and it only had 26,000 miles on it. That is what I mean by Toyota being horribly over priced. I just could never bring myself to buy a 7 to 9 year old mid sized suv for 16k. The 3 year old 30,000 mile Highlanders only sell for a few thousand less than new. I could literally buy an equivalent vehicle in year and mileage from any other manufacturer and throw in a complete engine and transmission replacement for the same overall price.

You end up paying more in the end.My sister in law bought a GMC Acadia when they first came out.Transmission and power steering went out and ended up costing them $7000 bucks.Toyotas hold their value better because they are better.I learned.

#190 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

My wife has the 2015 Highlander hybrid which we bought new. Very tough to find and we ulimately ended up having to special order. Great vehicle so far. The 3rd row seating comes in handy around town and for trips less than an hour but I would not want to be back there for a long trip.
    The other thing is that it's the last thing you want if you're looking for a bargain. The gas mileage is great (we get 24 mpg living in hills and mountains without even trying to be efficient) but you pay a LOT more up front.

Yeah,they do not take much off of the price but they know you are going to buy it any way because you want QUALITY.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-vehicle-gmc-acadia-or-honda-pilot?tu=jhanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.