(Topic ID: 199430)

New Vehicle - GMC Acadia or Honda Pilot???

By pcprogrammer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which vehicle would you choose?”

• GMC Acadia - 2015/2016/2017 Models - 6 Cylinder 37 votes
      33%
    • Honda Pilot - 2015 Model - 6 Cylinder 54 votes
      48%
    • Another SUV similar to those two in size, weight, towing and engine. 21 votes
      19%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1186 (resized).JPG
    DSCF0200 (resized).JPG
    DSCF0201 (resized).JPG
    Chevrolet-Traverse-Redline-front-three-quarter-1 (resized).jpg
    DSCN5542 (resized).JPG
    bb40acac (resized).jpg
    Tasty Taco.jpg
    c1fec951470d1700903a123a6df27e2b (resized).jpg
    1976_Toyota_Corolla (resized).jpg
    2013 Toyota Landcruiser 70.jpg
    f25967ba038798c9e2ca52a3ef0f75c2 (resized).jpg
    HS.jpg
    New Landcruiser in Bronze color.jpg
    edge-02 (resized).jpg
    edge-01 (resized).jpg
    20151218_174757 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago

Stick with the best car on the road....Toyota Landcruiser ....I'm on my 4th one

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Ah yeah. the new sticker price on one now STARTS at 85K. Blah....He can buy 2 pilots new for that.

twice as good as the other cars, and worth every penny....wife has a GMC Denali XL, which is decent, but not in the same league....

#80 6 years ago

The list is pretty accurate based on my experience. In my day I've owned BMW, MB, Lexus, Chevrolet (Tahoe), and Toyota....there is zero chance I would ever buy another BMW, MB or Chevy product. With out a doubt the best car I have ever owned is my Toyota LandCruiser...I also had the Lexus version, which was essentially the same car, but the LC holds its value better....

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I do smog inspections so I mostly see vehicles that are five years and older unless they are out of state. Some with more miles than others. It takes a few years to pass the 100,000 mile mark which is when you can get a good sense of how reliable they really are.
    But I rarely see any higher mileage ones that people say have been trouble free, as opposed to Hondas and Toyotas.

the wife drives an Audi S8, and its been a great car....anyone who bags that car clearly hasn't owned one or driven one...

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That sucks. I rarely hear of those problems, but parts can fail. If the oil smells like gas then maybe the PCV valve is plugged up.

Just wait until those check this and check that lights start coming on on the dash. I'm guessing the first one you will see will be the tire pressure indicator...

Have you seen this before? we've owned Audi's for years, and NEVER had an issue? same said for our Landcruisers...have you owned one?

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I see dashboards on Audis lit up like Christmas trees when they come in. But as long as that Check Engine lite is off, they usually pass.
    Landcruiser very solid. FJ Cruiser is good as well. Like I said I rarely hear complaints about Toyota and many of them have in excess of 200,000 miles.

I'm on my 4th land cruiser....their a little pricey, but the best SUV I've ever owned....by a long shot

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-vehicle-gmc-acadia-or-honda-pilot?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.