8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

The USPS has price increases across the board that went into effect this week. I imagine this will affect the whole supply chain for parts suppliers. International customers should be ready for extreme sticker shock.

Here are the old & new rates for the flat rate boxes:

small flat rate:
    $5.95 to $6.80

medium flat rate:
    $12.65 to $13.45

large flat rate:
    $17.90 to $18.75

#2 8 years ago

That sucks. My local pizza store told me all his pizzas are going up a dollar next week too. At least we are saving money on gas (for now).

#3 8 years ago

I don't use flat rate, so will be harder for me to catalog the differences, but I'm guessing I'll see the little under a dollar costs too.

I'm not actively selling much in the mod department right now, but this won't make me change my prices. Unless the international stuff goes up a lot, I already lose money on setting a flat rate for a lot of the international shipping vs what I charge.

#4 8 years ago

Damn, between this and the rate increase on 72 packs of Magnum Trojans I don't think I'll be able to afford Ghostbusters

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Damn, between this and the rate increase on 72 packs of Magnum Trojans I don't think I'll be able to afford Ghostbusters

I was going to make a funny but it wouldn't have been as funny as yours.

The USPS rates are crazy, though. Every time I think it will cost X, it's X + 25%.

#6 8 years ago

I've been up all night adjusting shipping. My PayPal checkout isn't very flexible when it comes to this. It has a limited amount of weight tiers to work with.

It seems my international customers will be hit hardest. A typical single light kit order (EX: light kit, acrylic design set, power splitter) weighing 1lb or less cost me $16.16 (charged $17.95) to ship....now it costs me $22.50 (I will be charging $23.50). So they are charging $6.34 more on this >1lb first class international package.

I hate to charge much over the actual shipping cost, but what I have always done in the past is charge the actual shipping amount, but then I do the shipping directly with the post office on-line. For doing this online, I always got a shipping discount from them. I kept the discount amount to cover shipping suppliers. So what the customer was paying was exactly what the package would have cost to ship if I took the package into the post office and had them process it.

Now, the post office is not only raising their rates, but they are cutting out the discount for doing the shipping paperwork on-line. As I have my shipping set up now, I have small US orders marked up $.50 and bigger orders (and international small orders) up $1. Anything over a 2 kit order I am then setup to take a loss on the shipping in most cases.

I will be keeping an eye on things and adjusting accordingly. As always.....if my website overcharges on the shipping I will refund the overage back to the buyer's PayPal account (if it's $1 or more).

UPDATE: I did just notice something strange on the international shipping now, it's how they have the weights sectioned off before rate increases. You can ship 2lbs for the same price as something that weighs 9oz. That seems like a strangely large weight tier. I can ship 2 light kits internationally for the same price as 1....and shipping 2 is actually about the same price as shipping 2 was before the increase.

1 week later
    #7 8 years ago

First Class rates are supposed to drop in April so all is not lost.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-usps-shipping-rates-are-now-in-effect-for-2016 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.