Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 5 years ago

Just saw an ad for it right before super bowl. Nice!

#2 5 years ago

I’m cautiously optimistic. Jordan Peele “get it” for sure, and I think Rod would have been VERY proud of him for “Get Out”. That said, I super duper do not like him as the host. I’ll get over it. You better believe I’ll be watching.

#3 5 years ago

If it wasn’t on CBS All Access, I might watch it.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

If it wasn’t on CBS All Access, I might watch it.

Oh damn, I forgot about that! That may be an issue

#5 5 years ago

Could be good, I will give it a shot.

#6 5 years ago

Anyone have CBS all access? I don't see the value of it.....I heard Star Trek Discovery, Season 1.... was awful......

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Anyone have CBS all access? I don't see the value of it.....I heard Star Trek Discovery, Season 1.... was awful......

Whomever told you that flat out lied. Discovery is friggin awesome.

#8 5 years ago

Putting it on exclusively CBS Access will be a mistake, between Netflix and Prime I have plenty to watch, plus I signed up for Hulu on Black Friday for $1 a month so I’m done subscribing to new streaming services.

Good luck to Apple & Disney, I don’t see subscribing to those either.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I will check it out then. I watched the first 2 episodes for free.....the special effects were great.

#10 5 years ago

They have tried relaunching this show several times. Some have been ok, but nothing like the original. It will likely get one season and that will be it.

At least I read they are trying to do Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, the best episode ever done. The movie version was done very well too (1982).

#11 5 years ago

Public taste in science fiction, fantasy and horror has improved since the previous attempts. So I hope with a good production crew and director, this may stick. As long as they don’t mix politics in it...

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

At least I read they are trying to do Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, the best episode ever done. The movie version was done very well too (1982).

Was the movie version the one with John Lithgow? I enjoyed that one.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I have seen extremely high ratings for it - it can’t be just ST fanboys.. and if it is, then the show must be outstanding, because they are PICKY

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Yes. The movie has a different twist at the end than the tv show version, which also stars William Shatner, so that’s my preferred version. You should check it out!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They have tried relaunching this show several times. Some have been ok, but nothing like the original. It will likely get one season and that will be it.

The 2000s version with Forrest Whitaker has some very good episodes, but was overall uneven.

The 1985 version ran for 3 seasons though, and was solid throughout - it’s just that it LOOKS like it was made in the 80s so it can be a little alienating. Neither could touch the original, but Rod Serling couldn’t even top it himself with Night Gallery

#16 5 years ago

Was wondering when they'd reboot Twilight Zone since Black Mirror became such a success. Though I don't know if I'm gonna shell out for a CBS all access subscription for it.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Yes...both the original and that version were very good.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The 2000s version with Forrest Whitaker has some very good episodes, but was overall uneven.
The 1985 version ran for 3 seasons though, and was solid throughout - it’s just that it LOOKS like it was made in the 80s so it can be a little alienating. Neither could touch the original, but Rod Serling couldn’t even top it himself with Night Gallery

Things did start to go downhill in Season 4, and say what you want about Night Gallery, but it did do Lovecraft and Derleth.

I still believe The Outer Limits was far superior, the production, music, mood, camera angles, lighting, almost every episode is of high quality. TZ was more hit or miss, and season 4 with the hour long show had to much filler. Still, when it was good, it was very good (Howling Man, It's a Good Life, ..in Search of an Exit, Nightmare, Next Stop...etc).

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I *heard* Discovery was awesome...but yeah the Access thing ekpt me form getting to any of this stuff yet. I'll get my friends to upload it and check it out.

80s version had a lot of good people making them & and Greatful Dead's best work

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I *heard* Discovery was awesome...but yeah the Access thing ekpt me form getting to any of this stuff yet. I'll get my friends to upload it and check it out.
80s version had a lot of good people making them & and Greatful Dead's best work

Let me know what you think of it.....

1 month later
#22 4 years ago

For those of you that did not know this trivia, like me, this is from one of the articles in previous post.

"MY SAY Not long after the invasion of the Philippine island of Leyte late in the Second World War, Army paratrooper Rod Serling was relaxing under a palm tree with his close friend and fellow soldier Melvin Levy a few feet away. Silently and suddenly, a food crate fell from the sky and onto Levy who was decapitated.

This is a famous story, suffice it to say horrifying, and well known to Serling fans who understandably interpret it as formative. Wracked with PTSD, driven by fury and boundless creativity, he would go on to establish TV's purest expression of paranoia to that point or since. That "The Twilight Zone" arrived and thrived at a moment in American history when Armageddon seemed just around the corner, or down Maple Street, added to both its legend and meaning."

#23 4 years ago

I read that Nightmare doesn't even have a Gremlin on the plane anymore. Won't know for sure if that is true, but if it is, I'm out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tz-tv-series and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.