Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

109F9007-FC68-4B32-AE4A-9355ABD0400C (resized).jpeg
13135E25-2FD2-4CDF-B2CD-A891B63BF9DF (resized).jpeg
583067EC-733C-48C0-9169-A2FAD5119F95 (resized).jpeg
09A17A99-B099-48B2-9DC3-99899F4E3C83 (resized).jpeg
343357BB-72E2-43B0-B019-815715082F07 (resized).jpeg
B62DCA35-8ACA-438E-A1CF-FFF9F14ED9B8 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

New twisted pins White Water topper

Added: 2019-02-17 21:46:29 UTC • Ended: April 20th, 2019
Condition: New (selling multiple)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 270 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

This is an extremely rare brand new Whie Water topper reproduction by wised pins. It is foil and has texture like the original. The foil treatment is not as pronounced as the original, but it’s pretty good. Feel free to ask any questions.

Item photos

09A17A99-B099-48B2-9DC3-99899F4E3C83 (resized).jpeg
109F9007-FC68-4B32-AE4A-9355ABD0400C (resized).jpeg
13135E25-2FD2-4CDF-B2CD-A891B63BF9DF (resized).jpeg
343357BB-72E2-43B0-B019-815715082F07 (resized).jpeg
583067EC-733C-48C0-9169-A2FAD5119F95 (resized).jpeg
B62DCA35-8ACA-438E-A1CF-FFF9F14ED9B8 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Soulrider911's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Soulrider911's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Walnut Creek, CA, US

#2 5 years ago

It dont look bad

#3 5 years ago

If it's anything like his crappy stencils, I would be wary....

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

If it's anything like his crappy stencils, I would be wary....

Stencils?

#5 5 years ago

Twisted pin makes (or made stencil kits) they sucked

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Twisted pin makes (or made stencil kits) they sucked

This is one of the actual toppers they remade... the last picture/angle looks like it has pretty good detail compared to others ive seen

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This is one of the actual toppers they remade... the last picture/angle looks like it has pretty good detail compared to others ive seen

Go read the thread about these and you will see from the videos that they are actually nothing like the original and display absolutely none of the animated water effect that makes the original topper great. Potential buyers should be aware of this fact and not mislead.

#8 5 years ago

Whats crazy to me, is this product (the original) was made 26 years ago. Think how much technology has changed in 26 years. And no one has been able to recreated this product to match the original. Crazy!

#9 5 years ago

I don't think Twisted Pins ever got the topper to work properly. Looks good unlit though.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

Go read the thread about these and you will see from the videos that they are actually nothing like the original and display absolutely none of the animated water effect that makes the original topper great. Potential buyers should be aware of this fact and not mislead.

I know its not as good as the og (never said it was)but this one for sale is better than most of the repros ive seen and wld be better than nothing imo.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

Potential buyers should be aware of this fact and not mislead.

Thanks for chiming In but I don’t agree with your “buyer beware” statement.

Have u seen on in person? Have you seen one lit? I’m going to assume not. They are NOT as good as the original as i clearly in the description. but they are the closest thing to the original.
NO THIS IS NOT A STENCIL ?? This is a full topper with decal with textured foil. Unless u have first hand experience with one I’d suggest not making accusations thank you.

Please ask directly and I’m more than happy to take More pictures answer any questions.

#12 5 years ago

Can you post a video of it in action?

#13 5 years ago

If my whitewater was working yes I have bigger problems on my hands sadly... had a new cabinet made... dimensions where not right. Best I can do is flashlight. As I said don’t expect this to be like the original. It will have an effect for sure.... but definitely not like the original.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's an example video someone else posted of the twisted pins topper.

And the thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-whitewater-foil-topper-decal-reproduction/page/17

That lightning and topper mounting dont seem correct?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's an example video someone else posted of the twisted pins topper.

And the thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-whitewater-foil-topper-decal-reproduction/page/17

Are they using led’s In this video? Or is the video just really bad?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Are they using led’s In this video? Or is the video just really bad?

Something is not correct .. thats for sure

#18 5 years ago

I don’t think it worked as intended. That is why Twisted Pins vanished. Probably better than nothing at all though.

#19 5 years ago

He did manage to produce a very nice Taxi Spin Out ramp. Those were unobtanium previously. He does have at least one in the win column.

#20 5 years ago

Ya that video is terrible I have seen it...

Ask and you shall receive. Did my best to show the difference in foil texture depth between original and repro.

#21 5 years ago

Looks good to me. Glws

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

He did manage to produce a very nice Taxi Spin Out ramp. Those were unobtanium previously. He does have at least one in the win column.

Nah, pin-pimp did made all of the spinout ramps. He just had twisted pins sell them, which he won't ever do again!

#23 5 years ago

Ahh. I thought they were Twisted. Win revoked.

#24 5 years ago

These do not work - I made a video of them in action way back when they came out. If you don't have a topper it's better than nothing, but don't expect it to have the original animation.

#25 5 years ago

The major difference - from what I can tell - is the depth of the foil texture... if you look at the video you can see the original clearly has deeper texturizations in the foil. This is why the effect on the repro is not going to be as the original.

#26 5 years ago

the 3d stamping is the key element to making this animation work. The reason the foil version doesn't work is because it's all the same depth. The animation works by strobing the lights across the front, illuminating different sections of the foil stamp. Each one angled differently as it cascades down. creating the illusion of water flowing down. If you do not have that 3d pop out type stamping. you will never get that animation effect to work. Problem is, the original die has been lost or destroyed. To have a new die made is very labor intensive as I think the original was hand made.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the 3d stamping is the key element to making this animation work. The reason the foil version doesn't work is because it's all the same depth. The animation works by strobing the lights across the front, illuminating different sections of the foil stamp. Each one angled differently as it cascades down. creating the illusion of water flowing down. If you do not have that 3d pop out type stamping. you will never get that animation effect to work. Problem is, the original die has been lost or destroyed. To have a new die made is very labor intensive as I think the original was hand made.

There was a photo of the die floating around not to long ago. And someone else who posting about remaking it, but I think they went silent.

#28 5 years ago

Little more foil depth would go a long way in getting closer to the original

#29 5 years ago

Crazy to think that die could be hidden away in someone’s closet or basement forgotten about

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twisted-pins-white-water-topper?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.