(Topic ID: 260827)

TWIP TALK: Rick and Morty, Hammer Time, and Cat Rap

By pin2d

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I like the idea of talking about pinball terms and their history. For instance, things like "fan layout" and "Italian bottom" aren't necessarily terms that everyone just automatically knows what they mean.

I agree with this and think Jeff is on the right track. There's a lot about pinball that even veterans don't learn, and a lot of that depends on how they approach the hobby. For example, I know very skilled competitive players that don't know the designers for their favorite pins. Whereas to collectors that is often a big deal.

Many common terms aren't really known, and aside perhaps from the most famous historical elements (WMS ending in 1999, Roger Sharpe and the NYC ban) I think a lot of the history is unknown even to pinheads.

So I think this is a very good idea, especially if it's really limited (what's 60-120 seconds to learn something cool about pinball?)!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twip-podcast?tu=dennisk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.