You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010356.JPG
kids in hard hats.jpg
P1010352.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Received my Walking Dead LE today, fired it up and the plunged the first ball but is doesn't make it up all the way in the shooter lane. It gets stuck! "You have to be kidding me"! After further investigation, that wood block on the left of the lane was over about 1/4 inch too far to the right into the lane. Unscrewed the 4 or 5 screws and put it back straight. Nice quality control Stern. Then I noticed the right ramp flap wasn't level. The clear plastic under the ramp wasn't fitting into the grove on the playfield so it was sticking up a little bit. Unscrewed the ramp and had some trouble putting in correctly since the holes were off just a bit where they should have been. After all that, I finally got to play a few games. It seems real tough, which I like . . . . but boy does it go straight down the middle a lot. I have it leveled perfectly (digital level). Time to play some more just thought I'd share my first day experience.

#2 9 years ago

Shipping caused this?

#3 9 years ago

No, it wasn't shipping.

P1010352.JPGP1010352.JPG
#4 9 years ago

Not good, hope that's the end of your slight issues

Maybe a Friday 4.30 built

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Not good, hope that's the end of your slight issues
Maybe a Friday 4.30 built

Good one Skywalker! Happy Hour might have started early last Tuesday, that was the born on date (11/4/14).

#6 9 years ago

Maybe it was built 10 min before 4:30

Either way that reeeeally sucks

#7 9 years ago

for $7500+ Stern should be sending you a new piece of wood. and how did that escape their factory like that?!?

#8 9 years ago

U didn't have 2 look hard 4 that ,, I wonder what Stern is gonna say to Quality Control about this ..

u a Fuka da up amigo ... wuz tit party tyme

#9 9 years ago

I don't care what anyone says. Those two guys are my fu***ing HEROs

#10 9 years ago

I will be sending Stern an e-mail tonight

#11 9 years ago

i would of sent email and followed-up with call within minutes. you have a lot of restraint compared to me..

#12 9 years ago

Please update us. I would like to know how Stern handles this.

#13 9 years ago

Maybe the problems started with Stern when they hired these guys for QC

kids in hard hats.jpgkids in hard hats.jpg

#14 9 years ago

It's getting worse, I'm afraid to look anymore. The back plastic on the prison is not installed correctly. I just sent Stern an e-mail with all the problems and also mentioned the left ramp airballs that everyone is having because the plastic right past the hinge on the LE is not level. Let's see what they have to say. I'll keep you informed.

P1010356.JPGP1010356.JPG
#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

It's getting worse, I'm afraid to look anymore. The back plastic on the prison is not installed correctly. I just sent Stern an e-mail with all the problems and also mentioned the left ramp airballs that everyone is having because the plastic right past the hinge on the LE is not level. Let's see what they have to say. I'll keep you informed.

P1010356.JPG 529 KB

Keep us updated, that's terrible.....

#16 9 years ago

Williams games had inspected by stickers on them. Does stern do this ? It's all about accountability

#17 9 years ago

I forgot to mention that one of the green leds on the aquarium heads is not fixed properly, it's hanging down so it shines in your face a little bit. I gave them the serial number but I'll have to check for any inspection stickers/tags this weekend when I fix some more stuff.

#18 9 years ago

Sorry to hear that this happened to you, but having owned multiple stern nibs, I know they'll make it right.

You can probably get a quicker response by calling 1-800-KICKERS. They've always wanted to talk to me on phone instead of email.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Welcome to the wonderful world of owning a NIB stern and after being on a few Stern tours I am not surprised. You would think with LE machines they might pay extra attention to detail and quality control, but they don't. Stern doesn't care about the home owners and still tells people they need to go out and play on location since that is the most important part of their tripod business model. Can't blame the workers for not giving a shit since most are immigrants and are making minimum wage, but these are "made in the USA" so I guess that is all that matters to Stern in the end.

#20 9 years ago

My game is defect free. Sorry to hear you have had an issue, call Stern.

#21 9 years ago

Update: I spoke with Stern today. They are going to send me a new wood block on the left side of the shooter lane and they are working on a couple of experimental parts to fix the left ramp issues which they said they aren't seeing on their games.
A shorter hex spacer for the right side of the left ramp and a wider piece of plastic than the one that is currently on the top of the left ramp. The gap with the prison plastic was purposely done to prevent a ball getting stuck behind the prison.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Update: I spoke with Stern today. They are going to send me a new wood block on the left side of the shooter lane and they are working on a couple of experimental parts to fix the left ramp issues which they said they aren't seeing on their games.
A shorter hex spacer for the right side of the left ramp and a wider piece of plastic than the one that is currently on the top of the left ramp. The gap with the prison plastic was purposely done to prevent a ball getting stuck behind the prison.

Good to know, thanks for the update. Glad they're aware and working on the ramp problems.

Opening my LE in 2 hours and 45 minutes... tick tock tick tock.

#23 9 years ago

Great news, after seeing your pic of the gap did check out mine was the same, all good i guess

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-le-first-ball-stuck-in-shooter-lane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.