Topic Stats

• 236 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jaws.jpg
IMG_20151130_222618295.jpg
LMS_1.53.jpg
TWD_champ_1.53.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
banger.gif
af66e2cb40b31cf3adc966c98c87ab3922cb2e01755b13af8c82847929edbd34.jpg
say-you-do-here.gif

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What are walker bombs?

Walker bombs you earn during gameplay and use them with the lockdown bar button. They're used for free hits on well walker and prison which Adds another dimension to the strategy. One of the more obvious strategies with bombs is being one shot away from starting a multiball and being able to unlock other gameplay features without risk as if you drain you can use a walker bomb and start a multiball.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What are walker bombs?

Similar to VIP passes on acdc
Different but similar

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Quite a game. I cant tell you how many times my machine would have STDM and drained on either side where your machine didn't. I gotta post a video of me playing soon.
Still, you're one hell of a player!

That's Elwin playing on my premium. I just posted the link to the video.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

The primium is $1800 more correct? You get the cross bow....ramp up bash toy..,extra magnet....everything else is bling. Is it worth the extra money?

The lighting red @white gi does more also with alot more effects along with rgb inserts . And fish tank shows when things are ready. I usually wld never go with a more expensive model you no me lol, but felt I was worth it this time.

#155 3 years ago

Much higher scores now, less walker kills. Guessing that's why Lyman now set up the LMS walker kill adjustment.

Horde really is a great mode now. Added sounds, animations and those helicopter bombs are awesome.

The magnet action is MUCH better now.

Crossbow mode was short lived.

#156 3 years ago

How does crossbow mode work now?

#157 3 years ago

@Iceman:

Except for Arena, scores should be lower now (multikill value does not transfer from ball to ball).
Walker kills should be a little higher (multikills double them when combined)
I still think Horde itself is too easy now, even on hard settings

#158 3 years ago

Nick hit Horde mode in the new code:

#159 3 years ago

Finally installed the new code last night. Pretty awesome! Lyman definitely changed the prison magnet pulse. The ball gets some crazy movement now.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Finally installed the new code last night. Pretty awesome! Lyman definitely changed the prison magnet pulse. The ball gets some crazy movement now.

The Prison magnet is definitely pumped up . I think the intent is to have the magnet throw the ball into the Prison head to count a shot. If i wait until the animation its over , it likes to shoot it directly towards the flippers or SDTM!

Who is loving the drop target sound. A great subtle addition.

Horde music and callouts are cranked way up. Maybe too much. Great for location , but over the top for the home.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Who is loving the drop target sound?

Love it!

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

@Iceman:
Except for Arena, scores should be lower now (multikill value does not transfer from ball to ball).

I agree with all of the above, not seeing it yet on my games. Combos scores are also a lot higher too so maybe that's part of it. And I'm getting better scores on Horde with new scoring, although I agree, still a bit too easy.

Walker kills, not sure yet, haven't had that big game since new code.

Loving it though!

#163 3 years ago

2X Walker Kills is a welcome addition.

Haven't made it too LMS yet, but I just had a game where I was focusing on the Walkers and was able to get the EB @ 60. Never got a second EB before now. The ability to have a 5 ball game now should put most of the objectives in reach on a good game.

#164 3 years ago

@Iceman:

Multikill does transfer ball to ball but resets when you get to Horde

#165 3 years ago

For those interested I have completed my sound replacement for the new code. Simply load the file onto a flash drive and update your game.

Remember to go into game settings and set the speech value to somewhere around -10. The higher the negative value, the louder the dialog is.

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend, Enjoy!

LE/Premium Here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD153LE_CLELAND.BIN

Pro Version Here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD153_CLELAND.BIN

#166 3 years ago

If any of you guys are looking to take advantage of Black friday discount mods then Pinball refinery's TWD EL prison wire fence is the BEST mod I've ever purchased.

I like it so much I asked Steve to add a category on just getting new EL wire colors to change in and out.

I have the Orange and am getting the Green and Magenta EL Wire.

Must have mod on TWD!

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

For those interested I have completed my sound replacement for the new code. Simply load the file onto a flash drive and update your game.
Remember to go into game settings and set the speech value to somewhere around -10. The higher the negative value, the louder the dialog is.
LE/Premium Here:
Pro Version Here:

You...are....awesome!! ..now get some sleep

#168 3 years ago

Cleland.. You are so the man!
Thanks for all You Do
Happy Thanksgiving!

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thank you for making Thanksgiving wonderful !
LTG : )

#170 3 years ago

Thanks Cleland!!! I get my TWD Premium on Saturday & can't wait to check out the new code with your sounds!

#171 3 years ago

Thank you Cleland!

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

LE/Premium Here:
Pro Version Here:

sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't need pinball browser or anything else? Just load your .bin file on to my thumb drive and update the code as I normally would? Don't have my game yet, maybe next week, but am getting ready for this as I definitely want the real voices. And thank you for all your work, really incredible for you to do this for the community.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

LE/Premium Here:
Pro Version Here:

Um I love your time and effort put in cleland but you kind of butchered the hell out of the riot music. I'll prob make my own mix and matching your sounds and the original if that's cool with you?

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't need pinball browser or anything else?

Not a dumb question.

Load it like you would any Stern SAM system update. Instructions on their website.

LTG : )™

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

LE/Premium Here:
Pro Version Here:

Awesome and thankyou

#176 3 years ago

Sweet update!

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Um I love your time and effort put in cleland but you kind of butchered the hell out of the riot music. I'll prob make my own mix and matching your sounds and the original if that's cool with you?

Whoops, that was my own custom mix I did because I didn't like the Riot Music....My bad, after 10 hours things got a little confusing.
Links have been updated to have original Riot music now, so re-download and install if you'd like.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Whoops, that was my own custom mix I did because I didn't like the Riot Music....My bad, after 10 hours things got a little confusing.
Links have been updated to have original Riot music now, so re-download and install if you'd like.

Just enjoyed come Cleland brand update myself. Enjoyable experience. Now back to Evil Dead!

#179 3 years ago

Thank u tmezel and cleland

#180 3 years ago

Yayyyy Mezelmods!!image.jpeg

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Multikill does transfer ball to ball but resets when you get to Horde

Interesting.... Choice to make between milking your multi kill value vs starting Horde? Horde is still far too fun and too good of scoring to consider foregoing it for multi-kills, I think. But if I've got a MB ready and Horde ready, with a sweet MK value, I might go with the MB instead of Horde.

#182 3 years ago

Anybody have a vid of Cleland's sound replacement in action? Past versions are ok too. I just want to get an idea of how it changes the game.

#183 3 years ago

Wow!!! I finally got a chance to take the new code for a spin (and I went with Cleland's version), and wow, this version is sweeeet! The scoring is definitely more generous. In about 15 games I topped 300M twice. I really need to sit down, watch some tutorials and figure out a game plan when I'm playing. I have a feeling I'm leaving major points on the table.

#184 3 years ago

big thanks from rainy england to cleland for the update and custom sounds a big hats off to all you custom sound guys for taking the time and effort to make this great game even better and also to stern and lyman for the continual work on the code once again thanks guys

#185 3 years ago

So with the cleland mod, the music is different than the new code without the mod? I noticed the soundtrack is different when you start the game w/o the mod, and then it starts into the main soundtrack once the ball scores on a switch. And the Crossbow seems different with the cleland mod. I had to double check the code when I upgraded to the cleland mod this time. Anyone else notice this? I didn't play it a ton with the new code w/o the cleland mod however, so not positive.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

So with the cleland mod, the music is different than the new code without the mod? I noticed the soundtrack is different when you start the game w/o the mod, and then it starts into the main soundtrack once the ball scores on a switch. And the Crossbow seems different with the cleland mod. I had to double check the code when I upgraded to the cleland mod this time. Anyone else notice this? I didn't play it a ton with the new code w/o the cleland mod however, so not positive.

You are correct in explaining the opening music. Not sure about crossbow. The other major music change is the closing music, which has Rick making a speech over custom music.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Stern definitely added new sounds and music in this version. Are you saying something is mapped oddly in the clelend mod?

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

My bad, after 10 hours things got a little confusing.

wondering if you got my email with all of the ShiftID's that would have saved you many hours, if you weren't interested in a "line by line" effort.

#189 3 years ago

I like the dubstep music that plays during Riot. Was that a Cleland modification, or did Stern change that in their version as well? I dug the metal of the previous version, but I think the dubstep stuff is a better fit since there was that one episode that featured a Knife Party track.

#190 3 years ago

What do you guys think about the new high score music? It's not bad, but it seems like it might be a bit too "Mumford & Sons" for the theme.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I like the dubstep music that plays during Riot. Was that a Cleland modification, or did Stern change that in their version as well? I dug the metal of the previous version, but I think the dubstep stuff is a better fit since there was that one episode that featured a Knife Party track.

You got the early download where I did replace the Riot Mode music with a dubstep/techno piece based off the shooter lane groove I replaced. Currently, if you download you will get the original Riot music instead. I kept going back and forth as the Riot music selection is the only music track in the game I don't like. In the end, I left it alone but on my own personal version it's replaced.

To be clear in my current sound mod all the music is original except for the shooter lane groove and match/high score music.
Only the call outs have been replaced with quotes from the show and game specific call outs such as" "Well Walker Mulitiball, MultiKill, Combo, Bicycle Girl Is Lit etc..." have been left alone.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

wondering if you got my email with all of the ShiftID's that would have saved you many hours, if you weren't interested in a "line by line" effort.

Thanks Ed, I did indeed get your email but was "In the trenches" before I saw it. Next time around, I'll need to ask you about how that works...but I do like going over it each time to tweak some things.

The classic Merle line "Bunch Of Pu$$ies" is now buried in the Horde mode so you really have to work to hear it

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it. I still have a bunch of quotes from this season I'd like to work in eventually.

Currently, I am going to spend time to get Avengers done before Christmas.

Thanks all!

#192 3 years ago

Thanks again Cleland!!! Awesome to hear your working on Avengers too I definitely look forward to that!!!

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Nick hit Horde mode in the new code:
» YouTube video

Excellent game! His machine behaves just like mine. One hell of a riot score! That shot is my kryptonite....worst shot for me in the game.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it.

I certainly do! I loaded the new Stern code and played it that way for a few days just to hear their call-outs and music, then I loaded your code today and what a great difference! Thanks!

#196 3 years ago

I just love the new high score 'X champion' scrolldown.

Mine is now at about 59M and says in attract mode
"a shot with multiplier 6X"
"Of which 30M in tunnel mode"
"with a combo worth 3.6M"
"with a multikill worth 24M"
"with a walker kill worth 1.8M"

How nice is this! Everyone can walk up to a machine and look at the X champion and see how it was done.

#197 3 years ago

I just love the new high score 'X champion' scrolldown.
Mine is now at about 59M and says in attract mode
"a shot with multiplier 6X"
"Of which 30M in tunnel mode"
"with a combo worth 3.6M"
"with a multikill worth 24M"
"with a walker kill worth 1.8M"
How nice is this! Everyone can walk up to a machine and look at the X champion and see how it was done.

That is really bad ass! Not trying to gloat but check out this X champion after a sweet ass 1 bil game...which came after a few dozen 30mil games lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#198 3 years ago

Anyone know how crossbow frenzy works? It never ends, even after losing a ball and even during horde it continues which bugs cause with the ball in xbow another ball will hit a switch causing the xbow to hold the ball.

#199 3 years ago

@Eskaybee:

Nice X champ score!! On the previous software release I had one too from terminus worth 100M+ (I think 130 or 150).
Did you notice combo champ isn't set too in the high scores? This has been reported

The crossbow frenzy mode is indeed buggy. It never shuts off, this is already confirmed and will be fixed or has already been fixed

#200 3 years ago

@Eskaybee:
Nice X champ score!! On the previous software release I had one too from terminus worth 100M+ (I think 130 or 150).
Did you notice combo champ isn't set too in the high scores? This has been reported
The crossbow frenzy mode is indeed buggy. It never shuts off, this is already confirmed and will be fixed or has already been fixed

awesome good to hear!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton , FL
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Manheim, PA
$ 8.95
$ 14.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Sale Pending!
Tallahassee, FL
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside