20150903_112129.jpg
20150903_112655.jpg
7B5.gif
Screen_Shot_2015-09-05_at_2.30.27_PM.png
image.jpg
1441475887983-1531107694.jpg
image.jpg
Digital_Level.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At first I was going to wait, but after reading the ReadMe in more detail I lost all patience.

Ditto. Just too much cool new stuff to check out. Does anyone know how you get to Last Man Standing? I'm hoping you don't have to kill 1,000 walkers ...

How about Escape Terminus? Is it an entirely new mode? How do you start it?

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I've been playing this alot on route and the flippers are angled wrong, a little too low, making the right ramp a bitch and all of the shots just a little borked. How hard are the inner loop and right ramp on this game? Are they really hard and just take getting used to, or is the flipper positioning on this route game just messing with my aim? After Avengers, a game with some hard shots, I don't know if i can invest top dollar in another one so soon with just brutally difficult shots.
If that's not the case, with all the code development and Cleland's sfx track, maybe this game is worth buying after all.

Something is definitely messed up on that game. The inner loop is tight, but not particularly difficult to hit, and the right ramp is even easier.

#134 8 years ago

So did anyone figure out how to get to Last Man standing yet?

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is there any pin where the drop targets play a more important role than they do on TWD?

As far as modern pins go, the only one I can think of is WPT.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Great thread. But why is this in the Spooky sub-forum??

Fixed.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

What setting can be changed back to when you get the multi-kill shot (yellow) lights that it gives you more of the weapons lit up and completed like it did on the previous code? I had a ball where I hit 5 or 6 multi-kill shots and when the ball ended I only got one solid weapon lit. Didn't use to do that in the past and getting to Horde mode this way seems impossible. Help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Unless something changed in the new code, to reach Horde, all you have to do is start each multikill mode. It doesn't matter how well you score on the modes.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Some pins are actually easier with steeper pitch. I imagine TWD would be one of them as the outlanes are brutal but with a steep pitch it'd be easier to nudge, slap, and play the outlanes better.

I found 7 degrees to be the sweet spot for the LE/premium.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Since you're in Canada-land like me, here's what I use:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-torpedo-level-with-backlit-lcd-0574575p.html#.VeiIm02FOHs

It goes on sale for $25 pretty frequently.

That appears to be the exact same level as mine with a different name and different color case.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#259 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

where are the instructions on how to install the update. I can't seem to find them on Stern's website. I don't know about when to flip the switch (is it before or after plugin of update etc etc.........

Turn the game off. Flip DIP switch #8. Turn the game on. Follow the instructions on the DMD.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Is anyone going to post a video update?

I had every intention of shooting a video, but then my Well Walker started going nuts. I gotta get under there and check that switch.

1 month later
#387 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Here's a.... umm.... topper? for all you TWD fans ...

Wow!!! Is that thing life size?

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

was watching the papa video. he kept talking about using his "x" i notice on the inlanes that there are 2 hands with an "x" in them. how do you use said "x"

When the ball goes through the inlane with the lit "x", your next shot is multiplied by the value of x.

1 month later
#418 8 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Still a bug !
On the Woodbury Skill-Shot I can always choose the Million-Points as the last rollover, than autofire and 80% chance to get the millions easily. It would make sense that the high points are only to catch on the 2 rollovers with a real skillshot. in the first software it was a skillshot, than came some goodies to win additional but the character of a skillshot was gone.

Quoted from Yipykya:

How is that a bug? It's not 100% of the time. Its not even 80% of the time IMO. I hope it is not changed, collecting 1,000,000 is most satisfying! And Who uses the auto plunger on a "skill" shot? That's cheating!

It's not a bug, but I wish we didn't have the ability to move any reward to any location we want. Even with the auto-launcher turned off, which is how it is on my game, it's still way easier to consistently hit the upper right lane than any of the other three spots.

On a side note, I noticed last night that one of the Woodbury choices was "Collect Bonus". Is this new? I can't ever recall seeing this before.

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The best reward should be on the toughest shot. Selecting the shot position makes the rollovers almost useless in the game beyond the initial skill shot.

Exactly. Does anyone EVER purposely move their desired award to one of the star rollovers?

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I always try and take down the star rollover awards first. Always! I've gotten pretty good practicing those shots.

I'm confused. Can't any award that available be moved into any of the four positions?

#426 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, you can just flip down until the award you want moves to the top right lane ...

So then what does ice mean when he says "I always try and take down the star rollover awards first"?

1 week later
#437 8 years ago
Quoted from kwpinball:

Quick question - on the PAPA TWD tutorial video with Bowen Kerins, he mentions using your X or wasting your X. The meaning got by me. Is he referring to the 2X playfield or does it refer to something totally different?
Thanks in advance.

Bowen was referring to the inlane shot multiplier. Every two walker kills increases the multiplier. You can keep building it up and then activate it when you have a huge shot that's worth a lot of points. It is a single shot multiplier, so you need to be smart about when to use it. If you miss the shot, the multiplier resets back to 1x. You control when to use it by alternating the lit inlane with your flipper buttons. Once the ball rolls over the lit inlane, your next shot will be multiplied by whatever the "x" value is. You can also combine it with 2x playfield, so a 5x inlane muliplier with 2x playfield running = a 10x shot!!!

1 week later
#441 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyway to know what the X value is at any given time (apart from at the start of the ball)?

I think it's displayed in the instant info when you hold down the flipper buttons.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-code-141?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.