Topic Stats

• 441 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

evil_hint.png
20151001_123652.jpg
20151001_123654.jpg
20151001_123658.jpg
20151001_123701.jpg
20151001_123712.jpg
image.jpg
20150903_112549.jpg
20150903_112129.jpg
20150903_112655.jpg
7B5.gif
Screen_Shot_2015-09-05_at_2.30.27_PM.png
image.jpg
1441475887983-1531107694.jpg
image.jpg
Digital_Level.jpeg

There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The x In lanes are also the bonus multiplier.
They are relighted every second walker kill.
I have heard people avoid them and that doesn't make any sense unless you are actual setting up a shot.
I almost always use it and just wait unit I kill two more for another. The kills don't count up if you have them lit so if you kill 10 zombies without hitting it you have missed out on multiplying you bonus by 5.
I do try to use them when hitting the bg or other mode shots and combos, especially when building prison Multiball.

I'm sorry but this is completely wrong. The x lanes have nothing to do with bonus multipliers and you totally should save them up as they keep increasing with each two walker kills. And you can most certainly keep getting walker kills while its lit.

#402 4 years ago

Chuck is right. The inlane x is a single shot multiplier, and builds / activates per 2 walker kills. End of ball bonus is earned/built by collecting the rollovers above the pops. Saving your inlane X for a lucrative shot is always a good idea. Think about it - just take a baseline Barn shot when Barn is running. The first shot is worth 2.5 million. With a 4x multiplier, thats a 10 million point shot. If you're skilled (I am not) and can hit the Riot shot reliably, this can make for a BIG scoring mode, especially when combined with the playfield doubler.

Lots of ways to effectively use the X - and in my case, lots of ways to waste it with a bricked shot that drops a single drop, thus wasting the shot

#403 4 years ago

Well my mission to get LMS is not going well. 50 kills is the best I can muster today. I did pull off my first wicked shimmy though. Haha. Oh and took over GC on the game. Only 215 million, but I'll take it.

#404 4 years ago

This explains my poor scoring then, I've been playing it wrong. Are you talking about matching the lights above the pops, like when lighting the Bit lanes?

There must be a high correlation between the in-lanes and the rollovers, because I have counted before and it seemed to add up correctly.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

This explains my poor scoring then, I've been playing it wrong. Are you talking about matching the lights above the pops, like when lighting the Bit lanes?
There must be a high correlation between the in-lanes and the rollovers, because I have counted before and it seemed to add up correctly.

No relation to the rollover lanes above the pops and the inlanes. All the top rollovers do is increase you end of ball bonus multipliers and also light the bit outlanes.

Killing two zombies will light one inlane (down by the flippers) with that "x". The x will switch lanes with each flipper hit. Killing two zombies and collecting that "x" will multiply your next shot by 2. If you don't use the "x" and kill two more zombies, that "x" when collected via the inlane will multiply your next shot by 3. This will keep increasing for each 2 zombies that you kill with apparently having no maximum. So you want to keep killing zombies to build up that "x" value and don't cash it in until you have a valuable shot you can use it with cause using that x could potentially multiply your next shot by 5-10. Combine that with 2x playfield, and you can get 50-60 million on one shot.

#406 4 years ago

The inlane x is a GREAT tool to use during Barn Mode. Bowen kind of touched on this but didn't really explain it in his tutorial. When you get Barn mode going, shoot the left orbit to begin with 2.5M. Then combo the left ramp to left orbit, collecting the x along the way to double the next value(3M x 2 = 6M). Continue doing this and knock down a set of drops along the way to add time to the mode. If you see the Tower light is lit, shoot it to get playfield 2x. Now your combos to the Barn shot are 4x. I have seen single Barn mode shots as high as 24M doing this.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The inlane x is a GREAT tool to use during Barn Mode. Bowen kind of touched on this but didn't really explain it in his tutorial. When you get Barn mode going, shoot the left orbit to begin with 2.5M. Then combo the left ramp to left orbit, collecting the x along the way to double the next value(3M x 2 = 6M). Continue doing this and knock down a set of drops along the way to add time to the mode. If you see the Tower light is lit, shoot it to get playfield 2x. Now your combos to the Barn shot are 4x. I have seen single Barn mode shots as high as 24M doing this.

Great call. I was going to say that in single ball play, the best mode to be in with trying to cash a big time shot multiplier is barn imo.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Being able to continually build/cash the inlane X during Barn as described is dependent on the walker kill cross-hair insert settings. If I'm not mistaken, I think that factory settings will only keep 3 cross-hair inserts lit after you've hit three initial ones to begin your ball. This means that you'll be able to add roughly one X to your current state before you began Barn until the cross-hair shots are camped out on the Well, Tunnel, and Arena shots.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Being able to continually build/cash the inlane X during Barn as described is dependent on the walker kill cross-hair insert settings. If I'm not mistaken, I think that factory settings will only keep 3 cross-hair inserts lit after you've hit three initial ones to begin your ball. This means that you'll be able to add roughly one X to your current state before you began Barn until the cross-hair shots are camped out on the Well, Tunnel, and Arena shots.

What I do is build up those kills to at least 10 before I start a mode. Then when I start barn I'm sitting on 6x inlane. Then I try to get 2x playfield and then crank a few barn shots then when it's up to around 3.5 million base, cash in the x lane. 42 million shot right there.

1 month later
#410 4 years ago

Lets move on to 1.53! Many thanks to Lyman!

V1.53 - Nov. 23, 2015
=====================

- Added sounds for the right drop target.
- Added an LED G.I. effect for the burning pile of zombies in the bonus.
- Added LED G.I. effects for siege.
- Added LED G.I. effects for bicycle girl.
- Added an LED G.I. effect for combo.
- Crossbow start was not holding off ball search. This has been
corrected.
- Bicycle girl ramp diverter was not lowering when test mode was
started. This has been corrected.
- Bicycle girl ramp was allowed to re-open via the flippers after being
closed at end of ball but before bonus (and also during test mode).
This has been corrected.
- Calls to bicycle girl ramp diverter flipper handler were missing, so
the bicycle girl ramp would never re-open via the flippers if it timed
out. This has been corrected.
- Bonus was not masking off the RGB arrows. This has been corrected.

- Added a background image for the crossbow HSTD display during the
attract mode.
- Center crossbow walker "killed" image for the background display
effect was incorrect. This has been fixed.
- Y coordinate for crossbow walker "killed" images 1-4 for the background
display effect were incorrect. These have been fixed.
- Added a mode for killing "crossbow" walkers. Once lit, it can be
started at any time (while any other game mode is running) by shooting
the right ramp.
- Changed the scoring for the combos. 250,000 + 25,000 is now
500,000 + 37,500. Now maybe someone can get a combo champion HSTD.
- Changed the HSTD music so it is not so repetitive with the game
over music.
- Removed the display of the playfield multiplier timer (prison
standups completed) while it is running. The timer is not allowed to
be reset when it is running.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Magnet device driver(s) to ignore
the "disabled" adjustment.
- Changed sound levels for HORDE sounds -- these were too quiet.
- Added a lamp effect for the burning pile of zombies in the bonus.
- Cleaned up last man standing reset, along with walker kills. Walkers
killed are reset to 0, so bicycle girl and extra ball awards can be
cycled through again. Walkers killed champion still keeps track of
the total number of walkers. Bonus accounts for the sets of walkers
not counted via the burning piles (1 burning pile for each time last
man standing is started).
- Added burning pile of zombies to bonus for completing a set of
walkers (115, adjustable).
- Changed the arena collect value from 1 base value (~1M) for each right
ramp shot to 1/2 of the unmultiplied value (~3M/2, ~4M/2, ~5M/2, ...,
etc.)
- Cleaned up some issues with horde and last man standing when the balls
are collected. The trough kick now waits until the "player X keep
shooting" effect runs. Horde "keep shooting" effect was being queued
instead of requested, which caused it to never be seen, because the
horde lost effect would never exit (it now times out).
This has been corrected.
- Added speech for last man standing (add-a-ball).
- Added art to the shot multiplier (X) champion HSTD display in the
attract mode.
- Added a large celebration effect for winning last man standing.
- Left target bank initialized at the start of every ball (instead of
just the first one). This way, the supply is never locked in at the
start of a new ball.
- Added artwork for X lane shot multiplier.
- Changed Arena scoring from 1M, 4M, 8M, 1M, 4M, 8M, ... to 3M, 4M, 5M,
6M, 7M, 8M, ... Lowered previous mode shot award for Arena from 500K
to 250K.
- Added a setting to multiply the zombie kills when the kill is made
with a multi-kill (MAX=2X).
- Added an adjustment for the number of zombie kills needed to light
last man standing.
- Added breakdown (source) of scores to the attract mode HSTD display
for the X champion.
- Walkers remaining for next level during HORDE was being rendered over
the score. This has been corrected.
- Added a sound for an already-lit top lane. Removed a duplicate sound
request for completing the top lanes. The duplicate request was tying
up a track that could have been used for the pop bumper sounds.
- Added narrative w/ Rick speech.
- Reworked the prison doors driver to re-fire the doors coil 1 time per
request to open if the doors fail to open. Added logic for compensation
(detect stuck closed / stuck open) so awards can be given if the doors
are unable to open or close.
- Raised the volume of the horde music + shooter music.
- Added speech for lighting the tower (2x playfield + jackpot).
- Set some defaults (not ABC) for the HSTD tables.
- Added criteria for BIT speech. The speech is only requested if the
drain will probably result in end of ball.
- Last man standing was not being stopped properly. This would cause
the total for last man standing to be displayed at the end of every
ball. This has been corrected.
- Added crossbow sounds and speech.
- Added lamp effects for bicycle girl.
- Added a lamp effect for combo award.
- Prison letter effect was not requesting the prison sounds when the
prison yard feature was started. This has been corrected.
- Prison yard walker killed effect was not requesting the yard walker
killed sound when prison multiball was started. This has been
corrected.
- Added art to the prison multiball total display effect.
- Well walker was occasionally repeating the same phrase. This has
been corrected.
- Changed multi-kill mode carryover scores adjustment default from
YES to NO.
- Added HSTD speech for near-timeout. Fixed other HSTD speech from
being too repetitive.
- Prison doors were allowed to re-open via the flippers after being
closed at end of ball but before bonus (and also during test mode).
This has been corrected.
- Added speech to the terminus mode.
- Fish tank lamp on the entrance to the right ramp is now lit solid when
ready to collect heads #1 and #2 and blinks only when ready to collect
head #3 (to light woodbury).

// Error: Image 478259 not found //

#411 4 years ago

Has anyone installed it yet?

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Has anyone installed it yet?

Installing now

#413 4 years ago

Still a bug !

On the Woodbury Skill-Shot I can always choose the Million-Points as the last rollover, than autofire and 80% chance to get the millions easily. It would make sense that the high points are only to catch on the 2 rollovers with a real skillshot. in the first software it was a skillshot, than came some goodies to win additional but the character of a skillshot was gone.

Cheers
Tom ... however, happy for any update

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Still a bug !
On the Woodbury Skill-Shot I can always choose the Million-Points as the last rollover, than autofire and 80% chance to get the millions easily. It would make sense that the high points are only to catch on the 2 rollovers with a real skillshot. in the first software it was a skillshot, than came some goodies to win additional but the character of a skillshot was gone.
Cheers

How is that a bug? It's not 100% of the time. Its not even 80% of the time IMO. I hope it is not changed, collecting 1,000,000 is most satisfying! And Who uses the auto plunger on a "skill" shot? That's cheating!

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Still a bug !
Cheers

That's not a bug. It's how it's designed to be. I use the same strategy. Unfortunately, it's only about 75% reliable though. Because you disagree with a design choice doesn't make it a bug.

#417 4 years ago

@markmon: As I wrote .. in the first releases you had to do a real skill shot to grab that points. Using the autoplunger is not very skillfull.

Okay .. so it is is not a bug, its a feature !!! Thank you STERN !

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Still a bug !

Quoted from Yipykya:

How is that a bug? It's not 100% of the time. Its not even 80% of the time IMO. I hope it is not changed, collecting 1,000,000 is most satisfying! And Who uses the auto plunger on a "skill" shot? That's cheating!

It's not a bug, but I wish we didn't have the ability to move any reward to any location we want. Even with the auto-launcher turned off, which is how it is on my game, it's still way easier to consistently hit the upper right lane than any of the other three spots.

On a side note, I noticed last night that one of the Woodbury choices was "Collect Bonus". Is this new? I can't ever recall seeing this before.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's not a bug, but I wish we didn't have the ability to move any reward to any location we want. Even with the auto-launcher turned off, which is how it is on my game, it's still way easier to consistently hit the upper right lane than any of the other three spots.
On a side note, I noticed last night that one of the Woodbury choices was "Collect Bonus". Is this new? I can't ever recall seeing this before.

Collect bonus is not new and i agree with the selecting of rewards . The best reward should be on the toughest shot. Selecting the shot position makes the rollovers almost useless in the game beyond the initial skill shot.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The best reward should be on the toughest shot. Selecting the shot position makes the rollovers almost useless in the game beyond the initial skill shot.

Exactly. Does anyone EVER purposely move their desired award to one of the star rollovers?

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Exactly. Does anyone EVER purposely move their desired award to one of the star rollovers?

Just for the sake of argument if I was on location with a misaligned plunger I would be doing that.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

i do

I find I have crap luck on the lane rollovers and really good luck on the lower star rollover... *shrug*

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Just for the sake of argument if I was on location with a misaligned plunger I would be doing that.

I always try and take down the star rollover awards first. Always! I've gotten pretty good practicing those shots.

Also gotten good with the crossbow now

If you guys don't have the EL prison wire fence from PBR, get it now with discount, its the BEST mod imo for TWD.

I'm buying more colors, green and magenta, to move in and out. I have orange and its just sensational.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I always try and take down the star rollover awards first. Always! I've gotten pretty good practicing those shots.

I'm confused. Can't any award that available be moved into any of the four positions?

#425 4 years ago

Yes, you can just flip down until the award you want moves to the top right lane. Of course, sometimes the ball will go into the left lane instead, so it's not always an automatic award.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, you can just flip down until the award you want moves to the top right lane ...

So then what does ice mean when he says "I always try and take down the star rollover awards first"?

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So then what does ice mean when he says "I always try and take down the star rollover awards first"?

I just like practicing those shots

With the new code, as you collect the awards the option disappears. Since I haven't tried yet I'm not sure you can keep moving the awards as you clear them

#428 4 years ago

I think there's an adjustment to not allow them to move if that's something you'd prefer. Could be wrong on that.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the collect bonus award collects:
a) with bonus multipliers applied
b) with 2x scoring

#429 4 years ago

Edit: missed the new setting that allows 2x walker kills for multi kills. Bravo!

I wished it could have gone higher than 2x if you qualified more than one multi kill per ball. But this Is a big improvement.

1 week later
#430 4 years ago

Here are my new links for The Walking Dead sound replacement code for ver 1.56.

Enjoy this great game!

LE/Premium

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND.BIN

Pro

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156_CLELAND.BIN

#431 4 years ago

here's my modified Cleland code for the new update. This is about a 30% TWD Show sounds 70% factory scripted sound package. Gotta love options

v1.56 LE/Prem only

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bjh1m3eis1e2pf/TWD156LE_SKB.BIN?dl=0

#432 4 years ago

Has it been explained anywhere why with all the colours available in attract mode for the arrows on the LE/Prem
Bicycle girl and prison are blue,with the latest updates it wouldn't be that hard to swap prison to another colour would it?

#433 3 years ago

To Cleland and Eskaybee, thank you so much for taking the time to modify the code and then making it available to us on Pinside. It was a nice early Christmas gift.

#434 3 years ago

I'm really glad to see TWD getting the code support it deserves. As the code stands today how does its depth compare to other deep Stern mission / objective based games such as X-Men and LOTR?

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm really glad to see TWD getting the code support it deserves. As the code stands today how does its depth compare to other deep Stern mission / objective based games such as X-Men and LOTR?

In a strange answer...Older Bally Williams are very linear, and therefore while great fun, the objectives are repetitive and predictable.
In newer Sterns like X-men, you can choose the path...via villains or hero's, randomizing the "linear" ness.

In TWD, it is organized chaos. The code carries and compliments the theme, in the sense of a "frenzy" What to do?
Zombies are attacking!, I know, Tunnel, no wait, cross bow, oh shit blood bath!
Your game play is as much controlled by well placed shots, rewarded with a point score that rattles the bones, as much as non planned shots creating a zombie chaos, and then objectives come into play...

The code today rewards everyone with an experience regardless of good play or bad play....the code and game are just that good.

Almost a year now, and every time I play, I am immersed, challenged, and even threatened....(lights, sounds).

One rare, special game here .....

#436 3 years ago

Quick question - on the PAPA TWD tutorial video with Bowen Kerins, he mentions using your X or wasting your X. The meaning got by me. Is he referring to the 2X playfield or does it refer to something totally different?
Thanks in advance.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from kwpinball:

Quick question - on the PAPA TWD tutorial video with Bowen Kerins, he mentions using your X or wasting your X. The meaning got by me. Is he referring to the 2X playfield or does it refer to something totally different?
Thanks in advance.

Bowen was referring to the inlane shot multiplier. Every two walker kills increases the multiplier. You can keep building it up and then activate it when you have a huge shot that's worth a lot of points. It is a single shot multiplier, so you need to be smart about when to use it. If you miss the shot, the multiplier resets back to 1x. You control when to use it by alternating the lit inlane with your flipper buttons. Once the ball rolls over the lit inlane, your next shot will be multiplied by whatever the "x" value is. You can also combine it with 2x playfield, so a 5x inlane muliplier with 2x playfield running = a 10x shot!!!

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In a strange answer...Older Bally Williams are very linear, and therefore while great fun, the objectives are repetitive and predictable.
In newer Sterns like X-men, you can choose the path...via villains or hero's, randomizing the "linear" ness.
In TWD, it is organized chaos. The code carries and compliments the theme, in the sense of a "frenzy" What to do?
Zombies are attacking!, I know, Tunnel, no wait, cross bow, oh shit blood bath!
Your game play is as much controlled by well placed shots, rewarded with a point score that rattles the bones, as much as non planned shots creating a zombie chaos, and then objectives come into play...
The code today rewards everyone with an experience regardless of good play or bad play....the code and game are just that good.
Almost a year now, and every time I play, I am immersed, challenged, and even threatened....(lights, sounds).
One rare, special game here .....

Thanks! Sounds like a great and fun game.

#439 3 years ago

Thanks Gweempose, I guarantee I would not have figured that out.

1 week later
#440 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Bowen was referring to the inlane shot multiplier. Every two walker kills increases the multiplier. You can keep building it up and then activate it when you have a huge shot that's worth a lot of points. It is a single shot multiplier, so you need to be smart about when to use it. If you miss the shot, the multiplier resets back to 1x. You control when to use it by alternating the lit inlane with your flipper buttons. Once the ball rolls over the lit inlane, your next shot will be multiplied by whatever the "x" value is. You can also combine it with 2x playfield, so a 5x inlane muliplier with 2x playfield running = a 10x shot!!!

Anyway to know what the X value is at any given time (apart from at the start of the ball)?

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyway to know what the X value is at any given time (apart from at the start of the ball)?

I think it's displayed in the instant info when you hold down the flipper buttons.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside