Topic Stats

• 441 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

evil_hint.png
20151001_123652.jpg
20151001_123654.jpg
20151001_123658.jpg
20151001_123701.jpg
20151001_123712.jpg
image.jpg
20150903_112549.jpg
20150903_112129.jpg
20150903_112655.jpg
7B5.gif
Screen_Shot_2015-09-05_at_2.30.27_PM.png
image.jpg
1441475887983-1531107694.jpg
image.jpg
Digital_Level.jpeg

There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

How do you measure the pitch and what pitch are people using for PRO?

There's an app that works well for iPads and iPad minis (not phones) called clinometer. I use that and an electronic torpedo level.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

How do you measure the pitch and what pitch are people using for PRO?

Since you're in Canada-land like me, here's what I use:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-torpedo-level-with-backlit-lcd-0574575p.html#.VeiIm02FOHs

It goes on sale for ~$30 Canadian pesos pretty frequently.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Since you're in Canada-land like me, here's what I use:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-torpedo-level-with-backlit-lcd-0574575p.html#.VeiIm02FOHs

It goes on sale for $25 pretty frequently.

That appears to be the exact same level as mine with a different name and different color case.

#255 4 years ago

Ha, you wouldn't be the first one... That is why competition pinball is so great anyone can beat anyone on any given day...

Quoted from Delta9:

Be careful you might just get your ass handed to you

#256 4 years ago

This is correct I found with the modern games 7.0 is excellent for some of the older titles (which I own now I go all the way up to 7.5... I like a super fast game play with crazy bumper action and lively slings...

Quoted from gweempose:

I found 7 degrees to be the sweet spot for the LE/premium.

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That appears to be the exact same level as mine with a different name and different color case.

Yup. I would guess there is an equivalent for all the 'store' brands out there.

#258 4 years ago

where are the instructions on how to install the update. I can't seem to find them on Stern's website. I don't know about when to flip the switch (is itbefore or after plugin of update etc etc.........

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

where are the instructions on how to install the update. I can't seem to find them on Stern's website. I don't know about when to flip the switch (is it before or after plugin of update etc etc.........

Turn the game off. Flip DIP switch #8. Turn the game on. Follow the instructions on the DMD.

#261 4 years ago

Thanks guys much appreciated.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks good to know, especially for when mine arrives

Did you pick up the premium or the pro?

#263 4 years ago

Is anyone going to post a video update?

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Is anyone going to post a video update?

I had every intention of shooting a video, but then my Well Walker started going nuts. I gotta get under there and check that switch.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Did you pick up the premium or the pro?

Premium! Though, I played a bunch of games on a pro tonight with the new code and think I'd have been just as happy with it. But the walker bombs are a game changer - there were plenty of instances when I drained and just one or 2 walker bombs would have kept me alive. That, and the expanded ruleset will ultimately give the premium a much more home use last ability I think.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Premium! Though, I played a bunch of games on a pro tonight with the new code and think I'd have been just as happy with it. But the walker bombs are a game changer - there were plenty of instances when I drained and just one or 2 walker bombs would have kept me alive. That, and the expanded ruleset will ultimately give the premium a much more home use last ability I think.

Good call, the light show is much better too with the new code.

#267 4 years ago

Don't own the game.How does a walker bomb work.Lockdown bar button?.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Don't own the game.How does a walker bomb work.Lockdown bar button?.

Yea. I think there are two different types of Bombs, walker and prison bombs. I believe Walker bombs count towards well walker MB and prison bombs count towards prison MB. Don't ask me how to decipher which ones or how many you have, and I'm not sure how you collect them.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. I think there are two different types of Bombs, walker and prison bombs. I believe Walker bombs count towards well walker MB and prison bombs count towards prison MB. Don't ask me how to decipher which ones or how many you have, and I'm not sure how you collect them.

Completing the "Food" bank of Drops while you have WW in the count down phase gives you a well walker Bomb. Completing the "weapons" bank of drops while you are clearing the yard before Prison MB gives you a Prison Bomb".

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Completing the "Food" bank of Drops while you have WW in the count down phase gives you a well walker Bomb. Completing the "weapons" bank of drops while you are clearing the yard before Prison MB gives you a Prison Bomb".

How do you activate these bombs?

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

How do you activate these bombs?

With the lockbar button

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

With the lockbar button

Sounds fun.Do you activate these as the ball drains to save the ball?.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Let's clear this up once and for all.

Knocking down all drops does the following in regards to Walker Bombs:

Food: Gives well walker bomb, only after starting WW multiball countdown <as stated above> Button light: GREEN

Weapons : Lights crossbow when not in horde, When in Horde lights Horde Bomb. Button Light during Horde: RED
*may store horde bombs during "non horde" collecting unless you get a default #of bombs when you start horde (i guess more clearing up is in order)

First Aid : Gives Prison Bomb only after starting clear prison yard. Button Light : BLUE

EDIT: Have a question about rules? Look at the README or ask here . I'll probably answer if not someone else.

- Added fire button colors for the walker bombs (prison=blue, horde=red,
well=green).
- Added walker bombs (Premium/LE only). Prison walker bombs can be
applied during prison yard/prison multiball/siege and are earned by
collecting first aid during prison yard/prison multiball/siege. Well
walker bombs can be applied during well/well multiball and are earned
by collecting food during well/well multiball. Horde walker bombs
can be applied during horde and are earned by collecting weapons during
horde. To apply a bomb, hit the fire button.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Sounds fun.Do you activate these as the ball drains to save the ball?.

The bombs will give you one 'hit' towards whatever mode they correspond to (like a more restrictive ACDC VIP pass essentially), so in the right circumstance they can be used to save a ball by starting a multiball. ie - if you have one shot left to start prison MB, and you have one prison bomb, that bomb will start multiball; so essentially you are free to drain as long as you're quick enough on the bomb button to claim the last prison hit.

#275 4 years ago

So Stern should program the bombs on the pro. Why not? Either the start button or when both flippers are engaged. Easy to program I would think.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So Stern should program the bombs on the pro. Why not? Either the start button or when both flippers are engaged. Easy to program I would think.

No I disagree with this. Just like Daft Punk multiball on Tron the LE should have a defining code feature to set its code apart from the pro. If pro owners want walker bombs no one is stopping them from upgrading to a premium.

#277 4 years ago

i am just enjoying the new code game play WOW!

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i am just enjoying the new code game play WOW!

I buckled down today and tried to use some serious strategic play on it, it is pretty fun. Concentrated on bouncing shots off Well Walker into drop targets (via RobT-Thank you), got very close to Hoarde.

TrilogyBeer stopped over for a few beers, the wife joined us for some pin fun, good day....Havent really fallen in love with TWD yet but Im being patient on this title. Today made me appreciate it a bit more.

#279 4 years ago

No I disagree with this. Just like Daft Punk multiball on Tron the LE should have a defining code feature to set its code apart from the pro. If pro owners want walker bombs no one is stopping them from upgrading to a premium.

I agree with this statement, I love my TRON pro and not having Daft punk multi is really the only difference that matters to me between the pro-le and Im all good with it.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I agree with this statement, I love my TRON pro and not having Daft punk multi is really the only difference that matters to me between the pro-le and Im all good with it.

I disagree. Both the Star Trek and ACDC pros have a fire button, Stern should have included a stinking fire button on the TWD Pro. For $6350 shipped to my house, it's least they could do for Pete's sake, what a rip! An extra $2500 for a fire button, you nuts?

The pro is fricken awesome and fast, with the Cleland code it's super fun. Don't get sucked in by the Premium hype BS.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

I disagree. Both the Star Trek and ACDC pros have a fire button, Stern should have included a stinking fire button on the TWD Pro. For $6350 shipped to my house, it's least they could do for Pete's sake, what a rip!

If you have a problem with it fork over the extra dough and buy a premium or just stop whining. Pinside has enough whining already.

image.jpg

#282 4 years ago

If you have a problem with it fork over the extra dough and buy a premium or just stop whining. Pinside has enough whining already.
image.jpg

I would rather spend the 3G on Jets tickets to watch them stomp the stinking Senators up and down the ice! I am not whining jack ass, it's just my opinion. Take it or leave, I don't give a shit.

#283 4 years ago

I disagree. Both the Star Trek and ACDC pros have a fire button, Stern should have included a stinking fire button on the TWD Pro. For $6350 shipped to my house, it's least they could do for Pete's sake, what a rip!

Also your argument is utter nonsense. ST uses the fire button for the universal code and AC/DC uses it for the cannon which the pro also has, so it makes sense for the pro's on those games to have a fire button. TWD pro doesn't have an actual working crossbow so why would it have a fire button? That's what the fire button was for, the crossbow not walker bombs, that was just an awesome extra from the king of code Lyman.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I buckled down today and tried to use some serious strategic play on it, it is pretty fun. Concentrated on bouncing shots off Well Walker into drop targets (via RobT-Thank you), got very close to Hoarde.
TrilogyBeer stopped over for a few beers, the wife joined us for some pin fun, good day....Havent really fallen in love with TWD yet but Im being patient on this title. Today made me appreciate it a bit more.

Excuse me Mr Flanker but I'll take credit for the WW bank shot. Rob got it from me

You will fall in love with it, buckle down

#285 4 years ago

Pro is the way to go for TWD. I spent time on the Premium, not worth the extra 3G IMO.
BTW, I have been to Horde mode several times on the pro and I have fired bombs to get an extra ball in play. Not sure what I hit to trigger it, but that functionality is available to Pro players. The only Premium worthy of my $$ is ACDC!

#286 4 years ago

Explain to me the purpose of the WW bank shot. Why not just post pass and shoot the targets directly? With practice, I've gotten to where I can sweep all 3 targets with one shot at least 10% of the time. If I don't sweep then I can probably pick off 2 targets with one shot at least 50-75% of the time. Tell me Tex, I know you are a good player!

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Excuse me Mr Flanker but I'll take credit for the WW bank shot. Rob got it from me

I did?

#288 4 years ago

Pro is the way to go for TWD. I spent time on the Premium, not worth the extra 3G IMO.
BTW, I have been to Horde mode several times on the pro and I have fired bombs to get an extra ball in play. Not sure what I hit to trigger it, but that functionality is available to Pro players. The only Premium worthy of my $$ is ACDC!

You didn't fire bombs in the sense of the way the premium/LE uses them. You merely completed a level on horde and the DMD animation shows a bomb being dropped.

And BTW the premium has a lot more going on then just a fire button.

#289 4 years ago

I totally put that button on my pro.

1441475887983-1531107694.jpg

#290 4 years ago

While I agree the pro should have been given a fire button, the game just wasn't designed for walker bombs. It was intended for the xbow and there was no sense adding a button on the pro for it. So Lyman took a poor design and botched license and made it great at the sacrifice of losing features on the pro. Is what it is, but if it weren't for his code and those walker bombs I would not have a premium on order.

#291 4 years ago

FIRE button! so stop bitching and add a "FIRE" button. Drill your lock down bar wire up the button to what ever you think your pro needs it for. my LE has it so i don't have to bitch! OR JUST DO WHAT RVH DID . LOL

#292 4 years ago

duplicate post sorry!

#293 4 years ago

image.jpg

#294 4 years ago

I am also a fan of the Pro over the Premium/LE. The main beef I have with the Pro is that the light show is apparently not the same as the Premium/LE for certain modes, and I wish the Pro had that, because I hear they are some sweet light shows. Walker bombs seemed awesome at first, but now that I know how they work, I don't like the idea that you can be draining your ball, fire off some walker bombs to start a MB to keep your ball/game alive. Seems like training wheels to me.

That being said, I still think the Pro and the Premium/LEs are great games in their own right. I think it's kinda cool that they are so different, because they are almost completely different games.

#295 4 years ago

Like Tim Duncan, been using the bank shot from day one

#296 4 years ago

Hey Ice, you better check your email, you have like 1700 you need to view

And 27 missed face time calls too!

#297 4 years ago

From Kklank's thread wondering why TWD wasn't in top 20 two months ago.

"I've loved it from day one and its only gotten so much better.
My biggest concern initially as well was the placement of the Well Walker bash toy because of my dislike for Wolvie and Xmen. Totally different and appropriate feel versus Wolvie.
As for the 3 bash toys, it actually fits well with this pin, a Zombie pin, you know, killing Zombies! It's the sounds, callouts and rules that go along with the bash toys that make it great.
I love hitting BG and that kill sound, and Nody's light kit is fantastic.

<The Well Walker Is Not Just Another Bash Toy, If You Aren't Using It To Hit The Drop Targets On The Rebound Then You Are Missing Out On A Safer Way To Get To Blood Bath And Racking Up Big Points.>

The Prison could/should have been set up so much better with a multiple ball lock inside AND a pop up Zombie head underneath like the ringmaster in CV. That kind of creativity in today's pinball design world is asking for too much and costs too many man hours and dollars.
So I'll take it for what it is, a great pin that Borg and Lyman knocked out of the park."

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Hey Ice, you better check your email, you have like 1700 you need to view
And 27 missed face time calls too!

Yikes. Getting ready to load latest version Cleland! Thanks again, check your inbox later.

#299 4 years ago

So an idea about adding the crossbow button to a pro model. I know sorry for bringing it up. But if you really wanted one on a pro MABY you could wire one to where the tournament button would be.
Then upload the le code to the pro.
Disable the crossbow, disable bicycle girl ramp lift mecinism (being disabled should score hits from the ramp I would think)
Disable well walker magnet.
And have to live with a credit dot from no Woodbury drop target hits and spinner.
If you really wanted just to add it then maby that's an option.
not sure just a thought.
I my self am pretty happy with my easy button mod.

#300 4 years ago

I don't believe the LE code will work in a pro.

LTG : )™

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside