20150903_112129.jpg
20150903_112655.jpg
7B5.gif
Screen_Shot_2015-09-05_at_2.30.27_PM.png
image.jpg
1441475887983-1531107694.jpg
image.jpg
Digital_Level.jpeg
There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#202 8 years ago

Wauw.. played terminus and is a great mode.
Also saw the episode yesterday where terminus is first mentioned so this is cool
I'm watching them at a slow frequency, so yes I'm in season 4 now.

Had a 900M+ game on 3 balls one extra. Almost made it to the billionaires club. X shot champ is now due to riot (66M) with a riot total of 200M. Still a good scoring mode but a little less dan before.

Have this game for 6 months now and have yet to play crossbow multiball and now last man standing. Siege has been months since my last time so curious again for this one to play.

#203 8 years ago

Sorry, out of the loop...

What is the Cleland code and can I update this just like Stern code update?

I am gathering that Cleland took the new 1.4.1 code and out in better sounds and callouts form the show?
Should I install on our one that is on route?
thanks in advance for summarized info.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, out of the loop...
What is the Cleland code and can I update this just like Stern code update?
I am gathering that Cleland took the new 1.4.1 code and out in better sounds and callouts form the show?
Should I install on our one that is on route?
thanks in advance for summarized info.

You are correct.

It has added call outs from the show.
Hillbilly voice is mostly removed. (maybe completely gone?)
Has cool techno-ish intro.

Only concern I guess for a route machine is that it has a good amount of swearing in it.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Only concern I guess for a route machine is that it has a good amount of swearing in it.

should be fine in the location we currently have it at.

So I just download to a thumb drive and update like regular Stern code?

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

should be fine in the location we currently have it at.
So I just download to a thumb drive and update like regular Stern code?

Yep. Same process.

I'm a big fan. I honestly don't know if I would keep my TWD without this mod. Additionally, I think the casual player will appreciate hearing some sounds from the show, since that's probably why they are playing it.

#207 8 years ago

I tried cleland 1.21 and was not fond of it.
They are what they are.. Samples taken from the series that are matched as much as possible.
Hilbilly is still present (jackpot, extra ball, etc...) so it makes everything a little less consistent.

It's a nice piece of work no doubt about that, but I got used to the default samples and started liking them (f.e.: in CDC mode "I'm not gonna die in here!" "open the damn door", combo call out, ...)
I'm a collector that does not like a lot of mods either so that explains it already.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks for the tip. I will give this some practice. Is it a left flipper shot off well walker or right?

It tends to work better from the left flipper.

#209 8 years ago

Whatever happened to the MULTIIIII-KILLLLLLLL call out? I loved that call out. Now it's just a subtle, multi-kill.

#210 8 years ago

They are still there but given when you have earned your 4th, 5th, 6th ... multikill.

#211 8 years ago

24 hours later and allright: Made it to the billionaires club today! 3 balls, one extra. Hard multikill settings and hard Horde settings (so they advance a lot faster).

Got a terminus mode of 190M. Multiplied the last shot with my inlane multiplier giving me 116M for that one shot.

twd1.jpgtwd1.jpg

twd2.jpgtwd2.jpg

#212 8 years ago

Just did the "cleland" update. Oh......my.....god!!!! It is awesome, like being in the show. You did some awesome work. If anyone is on the fence about it, try and it and play a few games, soooooo much better then factory. Thanks for your hard work and quick turnaround on the updates.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Just did the "cleland" update. Oh......my.....god!!!! It is awesome, like being in the show. You did some awesome work. If anyone is on the fence about it, try and it and play a few games, soooooo much better then factory. Thanks for your hard work and quick turnaround on the updates.

Thanks and happy to do my part for a great game!

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

24 hours later and allright: Made it to the billionaires club today! 3 balls, one extra. Hard multikill settings and hard Horde settings (so they advance a lot faster).
Got a terminus mode of 190M. Multiplied the last shot with my inlane multiplier giving me 116M for that one shot.

Nice! I know you said you didn't really like an earlier version of my sound replacement code, but I hope you give the new version a shot. I think I improved it in all areas to make it more polished. Basic hillbilly call outs need to remain to tell the player what to do or what they have achieved.

#214 8 years ago

Not seen it mentioned in this thread but does anyone else have a bug that means that when you get to "hoard" the insert doesn't light anymore? A couple of us in the UK have had this issue so I'm surprised no one else has flagged it here.

#215 8 years ago

I wish I could get there to tell you

#216 8 years ago

Managed to get to horde a few times now. Still no where near last man standing though. Don't think I've ever managed to get above 50 or so walker kills. Can't ever see me getting all the cross bow shots either

#217 8 years ago

Getting that ball search after hitting b-girl with this update.

#218 8 years ago

Cleland I know you're doing a great job and appreciate the work and effort a lot! A lot of people (if not most) love the update so keep doing it.
A good voice over mixed with samples from the series is a good idea and would make it more perfect.

But I would never like to own a shrek for example because of the voice over for Cameron Di and Eddy Murphy that just sounds wrong. Then better the one that is used now by Stern in total that cannot be linked to any actor of the series.
So in my case no solution would be good

I love my Avatar though. Custom speech by Stephan Lang (Quaritch)! "AMP suit jackpot!"

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

Getting that ball search after hitting b-girl with this update.

Pro or LE?? Which update Stern or Cleland?

#220 8 years ago

I love my Avatar though. Custom speech by Stephan Lang (Quaritch)! "AMP suit jackpot!"

Agreed, it's always best to have custom speech from one of the actors. I wish they could have gotten Daryl to do TWD.
All good man, I can only do so much with what I have to work with.

Quoted from TBatti:

It's in the base code, has nothing to do with replacing the sound.

#221 8 years ago

I don't understand how you guys get these insanely high scores. I consider myself to be am excellent player, and this machine constantly kicks my ass! I get tons of pops center drains, and tons of drains on the left. Mind you, I haven't modified anything on the playfeild as I would imagine some have. I understand the rule set very well...but outside of that, any tips as to specifically what you're doing to achieve these scores would be appreciated

#222 8 years ago

Keep your eye on the ball.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I don't understand how you guys get these insanely high scores. I consider myself to be am excellent player, and this machine constantly kicks my ass! I get tons of pops center drains, and tons of drains on the left. Mind you, I haven't modified anything on the playfeild as I would imagine some have. I understand the rule set very well...but outside of that, any tips as to specifically what you're doing to achieve these scores would be appreciated

I'm in the same boat only owned it a few weeks but I haven't go over 200M on PRO yet. DRAINS ARE TERRIBLE. It's level right to left and maybe the pitch can go higher but the level won't be anywhere near centre height wise if I do.

I think most high scores are on LE where its easier to play and guys are fiddling with the settings/posts etc on the PF and probably removed tilt.

#224 8 years ago

The 1B is on my pro with 3 balls one extra and hard settings. But I get almost no pop drains. Always a left flipper feed which can be bounced to the right if necessary.

#225 8 years ago

The 1B is on my pro with 3 balls one extra and hard settings. But I get almost no pop drains. Always a left flipper feed which can be bounced to the right if necessary.

this is how the one on location plays near me. It is a Pro as well.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

this is how the one on location plays near me. It is a Pro as well.

I think that is how it was designed to play? I like the pop feed to left flipper for passive pass the right if needed.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think that is how it was designed to play? I like the pop feed to left flipper for passive pass the right if needed.

Yeah I def think if you're getting those sdtm drains out of the pops, that isn't supposed to be happening

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I def think if you're getting those sdtm drains out of the pops, that isn't supposed to be happening

Can I get a noob interpretation of what you mean?

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Can I get a noob interpretation of what you mean?

They're saying "When it exits the pop bumper area, the ball should land on the left flipper, that seems to be how it was designed, but obviously for quite a lot of people it goes straight down the middle (sdtm) of the 2 flippers, giving you no chance to save"

#230 8 years ago

Like others I swapped the post rubber with a coloured one it's a little thicker than the factory stern post rubber and stops the ball from going straight down the middle. The tunnel shot is still fine
image.jpgimage.jpg

#231 8 years ago

I have a pro no post rubbers have been replaced no sdtm problems out of the pops no sdtm from the prison . My buddy has a le he gets the sdtm alot he doesn't even really play his pin that much it pisses him off so much he gets the sdtm from the prison the most

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Prem 1.41 Cleland

#233 8 years ago

Just waxed TWD pro and joined the billionares club!
Granted it's on 5 ball. Also have outlane save posts from yoyokopter (awsome)on the game with a full set of compition sillicone rubber on the game (also awsome) plus 3 tilt warnings as set up. And 5 walkers lit minimum, so it is set up pretty forgiving.
But he'll yeah,
Seige completed!
134 walker kills
Last man standing 246,000,000.
No score for siege on display.

1441151456846-1531107694.jpg1441151456846-1531107694.jpg

#234 8 years ago

So yes...if I modified the game, I could easily hit 1.5B or over. The best I've done on my stock playfeild was 442M.

Buncha cheaters lol :-p

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

So yes...if I modified the game, I could easily hit 1.5B or over. The best I've done on my stock playfeild was 442M.
Buncha cheaters lol :-p

Yes.
I also sit on a bar stool while playing because my feet kill from standing at work.
This was near tripple my highest score in the last month of playing the game and I feel stoked.
I did at least have the glass on.

#236 8 years ago

Did you enjoy yourself RVH? If yes, that's all that matters! I just changed my settings this week as well after the code update, because I will never get to the deeper modes on 3 ball factory settings. I love the game more now then ever because I am seeing and experiencing so much more of the game. Once it gets a little easier for me I will make it a bit harder and keep reverting back to factory. I encourage others to do the same and enjoy the game more, you paid enough for it, make sure you get some pleasure out of it lol.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Yes.
I also sit on a bar stool while playing because my feet kill from standing at work.
This was near tripple my highest score in the last month of playing the game and I feel stoked.
I did at least have the glass on.

Tonight I did actually take the glass off to see how long it would take me to accumulate a 1.5B score. It took a very long time! I did reach horde mode twice, saw terminus, and didn't see much else. The max X score I achieved was 66M.

I'd love to see a recording of these immense scores. If they're actually done with the glass on, it must be one hell of a show!

The one mode I missed just due to becoming bored was last man standing. I got up to 97 and said fk it lol

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Just waxed TWD pro and joined the billionares club!
Granted it's on 5 ball. Also have outlane save posts from yoyokopter (awsome)on the game with a full set of compition sillicone rubber on the game (also awsome) plus 3 tilt warnings as set up. And 5 walkers lit minimum, so it is set up pretty forgiving.
But he'll yeah,
Seige completed!
134 walker kills
Last man standing 246,000,000.
No score for siege on display.
1441151456846-1531107694.jpg

Come on dude! You can't post a score playing 5 ball. May as well take the glass off and put on a skirt. Knock it back down to regulation 3 then report back when you a hit a BIllion!

#239 8 years ago

What setting can be changed back to when you get the multi-kill shot (yellow) lights that it gives you more of the weapons lit up and completed like it did on the previous code? I had a ball where I hit 5 or 6 multi-kill shots and when the ball ended I only got one solid weapon lit. Didn't use to do that in the past and getting to Horde mode this way seems impossible. Help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

What setting can be changed back to when you get the multi-kill shot (yellow) lights that it gives you more of the weapons lit up and completed like it did on the previous code? I had a ball where I hit 5 or 6 multi-kill shots and when the ball ended I only got one solid weapon lit. Didn't use to do that in the past and getting to Horde mode this way seems impossible. Help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Unless something changed in the new code, to reach Horde, all you have to do is start each multikill mode. It doesn't matter how well you score on the modes.

#241 8 years ago

Put up 700 million tonight on 3 ball 1 extra. Man, what a rush this game is with the new code!

#242 8 years ago

the lighting with this new CODE is simply awesome! my eyes are still trying to adjust!

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If you change the settings so that the minimum number of lit walkers is 5, then only the last made shot will be unlit (thus keeping you from farming one shot over and over). The setting is in adjustments - game - number 24 (walkers lit min value). 22 lets you adjust how many are lit initially.
I like it this way much better.

Perfect. Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense and I will make the adjustment for sure!

#244 8 years ago

You guys are so funny, scores really mean nothing in the whole scheme of things. It really depends on what settings you have and how tough you set up a machine for play. My machines are all set up really tough as I play competition pinball and I hate playing long drawn out games, no extra balls, 7.5 pitch (whoops) and set outlanes on factory or hard or remove depending on the title. The main thing is the love of the game if you want to show scores and compete come play me or other competition players at one our our tourneys and show your stuff.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

You guys are so funny, scores really mean nothing in the whole scheme of things. It really depends on what settings you have and how tough you set up a machine for play. My machines are all set up really tough as I play competition pinball and I hate playing long drawn out games, no extra balls, 7.5 Aptitude and set outlanes on factory or hard or remove depending on the title. The main thing is the love of the game if you want to show scores and compete come play me or other competition players at one our our tourneys and show your stuff.

Be careful you might just get your ass handed to you

#246 8 years ago

Nice aptitude!

#247 8 years ago

Some pins are actually easier with steeper pitch. I imagine TWD would be one of them as the outlanes are brutal but with a steep pitch it'd be easier to nudge, slap, and play the outlanes better.

But to the credit; the pin I got a 1bil+ game on was setup with the outlanes post mod so it was easy. But prior to that game, I was having <100m games; it just finally clicked and was in the zone hitting everything. And I should add my 356m X jackpot came on a ball 3 drain then hitting 3 or 4 walker bombs that I saved from not using which started ww MB.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Some pins are actually easier with steeper pitch. I imagine TWD would be one of them as the outlanes are brutal but with a steep pitch it'd be easier to nudge, slap, and play the outlanes better.

I found 7 degrees to be the sweet spot for the LE/premium.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks good to know, especially for when mine arrives

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How do you measure the pitch and what pitch are people using for PRO?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-twd-code-141/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.