Topic Stats

• 441 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

evil_hint.png
20151001_123652.jpg
20151001_123654.jpg
20151001_123658.jpg
20151001_123701.jpg
20151001_123712.jpg
image.jpg
20150903_112549.jpg
20150903_112129.jpg
20150903_112655.jpg
7B5.gif
Screen_Shot_2015-09-05_at_2.30.27_PM.png
image.jpg
1441475887983-1531107694.jpg
image.jpg
Digital_Level.jpeg

There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I think I'm going to cut the Merle "Bunch of Pu$$!e$ line

No DO NOT do that! Unless the new line is equally as offensive.

#52 4 years ago

I haven't installed the new code yet but after skimming through that readme file, ...oh my! Thank you Lyman and Stern - obviously a lot of work went into this TWD update. AMAZING!

#53 4 years ago

I'll contribute to the beer fund Cleland.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll contribute to the beer fund Cleland.

Yes! Im in for a re-donation!

#55 4 years ago

Don't care for you bunch of P it gets overused in the game. If you can change it up that would cool. Thanks for the work so far.

#56 4 years ago

Just installed the new code & yes, holy frickin' light show on the Premium/LE! Pretty captivating stuff.

Quoted from cleland:

Many of the iconic ones will stay, but I think I will try to inject some fresh new ones into the new code. Also, opinions are welcomed but will not necessarily be implemented. I think I'm going to cut the Merle "Bunch of Pu$$!e$" line and try something else. I already remixed the match sequence for more bass in the thunder without clipping. I'm thinking for the tilt sound to be mixed with "Time for you to leave A$$hole" sound byte too.

I thought the most recent vulgar version you did was perfect, but if you think you can improve upon it further, go for it! In Cleland We Trust!

#57 4 years ago

Can't wait to see all the new effects.

#58 4 years ago

How do you get to Siege? I got the Super on Prison MB but Siege didn't light when the MB was done?

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks, centerflank but I think I'm good. I just compiled all my sounds into one folder and there's over 5,000 of them
Many of the iconic ones will stay, but I think I will try to inject some fresh new ones into the new code. Also, opinions are welcomed but will not necessarily be implemented. I think I'm going to cut the Merle "Bunch of Pu$$!e$" line and try something else. I already remixed the match sequence for more bass in the thunder without clipping. I'm thinking for the tilt sound to be mixed with "Time for you to leave A$$hole" sound byte too.

Please keep the shooter lane music mix and the end game speech from Rick!

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How do you get to Siege? I got the Super on Prison MB but Siege didn't light when the MB was done?

Old code was set to 12 prison MB jackpots to get to Seige. You could change this number in the settings. I think its the same in the new code.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Lowered the switch score for the RIOT mode.

Knew that was coming

Quoted from Apollyon:

Old code was set to 12 prison MB jackpots to get to Seige. You could change this number in the settings. I think its the same in the new code.

Ah yes, you are correct! For some reason I was thinking you just needed to collect the Super.

#62 4 years ago

Love it!!! The lighting sequences are completely different!

it's like a new game. I'm enjoying every second of it

#63 4 years ago

Don't own a TWD, but I'm impressed with the amount that this update appears to address. I'm happy for TWD owners!

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Please keep the shooter lane music mix and the end game speech from Rick!

You can bet on that!

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You can bet on that!

These are the ShiftId's i found . However , i cant get the macro to accept them
ShiftId,1,0x35,0x36
ShiftId,1,0x37,0x38
ShiftId,1,0x39,0x3B
ShiftId,1,0x3D,0x40
ShiftId,1,0xA81,0xAA0
ShiftId,1,0x1c4a,0x1c94

Have you been able to use the ShiftId function as Oga describes on the PB thread?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/35#post-2467547

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can any pro owners comment on the new code and lighting effect changes?

Initial impression is unimpressed.

Not much noticeable change in the light department.

Didn't play particularly well, so can't say much about code.

Sound is back to being awful. George Bush needs to get out my house. Hoping Cleland does his magic soon.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

These are the ShiftId's i found . However , i cant get the macro to accept them
ShiftId,1,0x35,0x36
ShiftId,1,0x37,0x38
ShiftId,1,0x39,0x3B
ShiftId,1,0x3D,0x40
ShiftId,1,0xA7C0,0xA7F
ShiftId,1,0x1C4B,0xC93
Have you been able to use the ShiftId function as Oga describes on the PB thread?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/35#post-2467547

No, I started going through line by line again for each mode and call out and compare it to my last build. Tedious, but it gives me the chance to evaluate each call out and see if there's something better suited from all the new ones I have. For me it's like playing the ultimate game of Tetris and getting the best bytes to fit in the allotted time for each sample.

#68 4 years ago

Your efforts, Cleland, are appreciated by all......please share another goal, so we may say our thanks, with a donation.

#69 4 years ago

Im speechless lol great day for pinball thank you stern Lyman for code and super thanks to cleland and all my fellow pinheads cheers

#70 4 years ago

With the new code, got to the the horde for the first time! What a cool mode!

#71 4 years ago

Love that he added Last man standing and all all modes complete thing. And riot is worth a little less.

(Hope the drop targets ball search bug is fixed)

#72 4 years ago

Updated my Pro to 1.41. The fish tank light on the ramp finally works properly and you can collect all 3 heads to get the Woodbury shot! Light show appears the same. Have not seen new modes yet. Game seems more polished. Thanks Stern!

#73 4 years ago

Am I the only one waiting for the Cleland mod before I update the new code? I don't like the factory call-outs.

I've had my premium for a week now and I'm loving it! So glad I took the plunge and got one.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Am I the only one waiting for the Cleland mod before I update the new code? I don't like the factory call-outs.
I've had my premium for a week now and I'm loving it! So glad I took the plunge and got one.

Nope, Im waiting as well...

#75 4 years ago

This games code exploded like a melon! Good work Stern, however not pleased my local GC score will soon be erased

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nope, Im waiting as well...

At first I was going to wait, but after reading the ReadMe in more detail I lost all patience.

#77 4 years ago

Fantastic update! Unbelievable game!!!

Thanks lyman and stern!

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At first I was going to wait, but after reading the ReadMe in more detail I lost all patience.

Ditto. Just too much cool new stuff to check out. Does anyone know how you get to Last Man Standing? I'm hoping you don't have to kill 1,000 walkers ...

How about Escape Terminus? Is it an entirely new mode? How do you start it?

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Initial impression is unimpressed.
Not much noticeable change in the light department.
Didn't play particularly well, so can't say much about code.
Sound is back to being awful. George Bush needs to get out my house. Hoping Cleland does his magic soon.

Are you playing the same pin as me? New lighting is amazing! agree on sound.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

I think he is referring to the pro and you might be referring to the LE here.

???

#81 4 years ago

prem

#82 4 years ago

For the love of God, why can't we get a call out for ball save!?!

#83 4 years ago

Has the lighting changed at all on the Pro during Horde?

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

No, I'm not. You have the LE. I have a pro. I only played a handful of games, and it looked the same. I'll be playing more tonight to confirm, but didn't really see any difference aside from that the fish tank light blinks basically the entire game now.

Trust me, the difference in light between the models is drastic. I have a ST-Premium, and I play some Pro's regularly. The difference is serious.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

Are you playing the same pin as me?

Likely not. He's probably talking about Pro.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

No, I started going through line by line again for each mode and call out and compare it to my last build. Tedious, but it gives me the chance to evaluate each call out and see if there's something better suited from all the new ones I have. For me it's like playing the ultimate game of Tetris and getting the best bytes to fit in the allotted time for each sample.

I've looked at it. Very little has changed. I'm not sure how you manage your sounds, but Stern changed 003E, 003F and 0040 to Music, which just pushed about 7500 sounds down three spots. So the update should be easy. My sound mod is done, but because Pinball Brower is asking for my TWDLE serial number when I run the macro, I don't want to release my .bin file until I hear back from Oga. I will release my macro & samples after I test it out within the hour.

#87 4 years ago

Anybody have a video to post of gameplay running new code?

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Likely not. He's probably talking about Pro.

When Lyman did the big Metallica update he brought the lighting game up so much that I permanently took the Pro off my shopping list and shelled out for an LE. The lighting is a big deal to me, maybe not to everyone else.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When Lyman did the big Metallica update he brought the lighting game up so much that I permanently took the Pro off my shopping list and shelled out for an LE. The lighting is a big deal to me, maybe not to everyone else.

Agreed! But is it $1700 more fantastic? With Metallica, I get it - more than a light show with the LE. For TWD, I'm still not a fan of the xbow or BG. So basically it's a $1700 lighting upgrade. I'm slated to get a TWD pro and IMVE but with an already stretched budget for 2 pins, I'm having a hard time justifying the premium $ increase. But this update has me thinking dam it!

#90 4 years ago

For the adventurous, i have my mostly tested code ready for pm'ers. Drop box ready . LE / premium only .

its millhouses 1.28 build with my added flair on top. Bunch of P*ssies is a combo callout for those who cant get enough of that quote.

EDIT : hand tested with glass off and its good to go . Any errors will be corrected when found. will compile a pro code from same macro. PRO IS READY

My stuff :

EZ Sounds described

All music sounds (that i edited) have added voices but nothing removed.
So all of the original music is there, unchanged.

Mode Music (will restart at begining after a pause in the game like woodbury or crossbow shot)

BARN - its ricks rappers delight as he tells you not to kill the living.
This is the only one i havent paid attention to barn (or mode) episode
specific items. Other callouts Merle, Daryl, Carol, Governor and CARL!

CDC - Sounds from when they reach the CDC. Rick pleading to get in works really
well with the music. He yells You're killing us! as the music ascends.

RIOT - Merle adds his HEY! along with the beat . Daryl has an exchange with Glen
and Herschel adds a manly touch to the end. There is some slight crackling
in this one.

TUNNEL- Starts with Tara trapped under a rock in the tunnel telling glen to
get out. This one plays like a heavy metal song with the screaming,
and crescendos with the sound of gunfire and eventual rescue. abraham
and Eugene as well as Sasha are heard.

ARENA - Doesnt always start at the beginning but Gov says FIGHT TO THE DEATH!
The rest is unchanged but sounds outside of that are provided as a supplement.
When you hit the arena shot , you should hear Merle (kick his ass one handed or
no handed as well as "i will do what i gotta do") or Andrea (dont do this).Some governor quotes

Woodbury- Daryl taunts you and if you wait long enough Merle tells you to
"kiss my lily white ass".

Crsbow- Daryl says "Take the shot , clean in the brain from here"

Prison Multi - Governor saying "LIAR!" is featured, as well as "Just look at the flowers"
in time with the music. Daryl and Herschel are heard.

Match Sequence- Rick "We tell ourselves , that we are the walking dead"
lightning and thunder added as match number revealed.(works great with SUB).
All other orignal sounds are intact.

Tilt - Beth says Its Bullsh*t and Flr of NYC fame tells you the game sucks .

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But is it $1700 more fantastic?

Since I bought the LE for the lighting, I guess my answer is yes.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But is it $1700 more fantastic? ..., I'm having a hard time justifying the premium $ increase. But this update has me thinking dam it!

Fascinating how a bit of free software (maturing code) can be so influential in the $$ decision process here.

I hate to say it but had I gone Pro instead of LE, I would probably never be completely "settled" with my decision, particularly with what has panned out on this specific title - Pro vs Le/Premium as a whole.

Part of what makes playing a TWD in a home enviornment so engaging is how well the thematic immersion elements takes you on a captivating journey, especially when you have a really good game.

If the pro is physically not capable of the LE/Prem light show capabilities it stands to reason the divide between the different versions will only get greater the more the coding is matured. You can't blame Lyman for this, he's just being awesome and doing what he does so well.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How about Escape Terminus? Is it an entirely new mode? How do you start it?

The mode is in the game. Yes. Start it by playing all 5 modes (riot, tunnel, cdc, barn and arena). Then complete drops twice again to requalify modes. Then hit any mode shot one laat time to start terminus.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed! But is it $1700 more fantastic? With Metallica, I get it - more than a light show with the LE. For TWD, I'm still not a fan of the xbow or BG. So basically it's a $1700 lighting upgrade. I'm slated to get a TWD pro and IMVE but with an already stretched budget for 2 pins, I'm having a hard time justifying the premium $ increase. But this update has me thinking dam it!

IMO TWD is now at metallica's level as far as lighting goes. It is amazing. Darker at times. White. Red. Fading in and out. Strobing back and forth. It is all a part of the immersion of the game. As i have said before, I own an LE and i would not want a pro and cash in exchange. Knowing what i know i would never be happy with the pro. I do also like the LE gameplay additions too, but the lighting sets the mood perfectly. Its like tron with the lit ramps. Or fade to black and blackened in met premium.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

oh how easily we forgot the extra magnet, the two spinners, the woodbury drop target, the walker bombs, real lockdown bar, service rails. But I guess if you have to justify it to yourself, yeah $1700 for some amazing lighting

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

oh how easily we forgot the extra magnet, the two spinners, the woodbury drop target, the walker bombs, real lockdown bar, service rails. But I guess if you have to justify it to yourself, yeah $1700 for some amazing lighting

Plus the best translite

#97 4 years ago

Can someone post a pic of their TWD pin with the fence Pinblades? How do you like it? I am waiting patiently from mine to arrive and look forward to seeing them in action.

BTW, that fishtank mode from Mezmods takes advantage of the LE lighting commands from the code and looks amazing on the Pro! It adds a ton of atmosphere to the game - http://mezelmods.com/collections/the-walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

As well, I have to say that the shaker motor integration is the best I have played to date. It adds a ton of feedback to the zombie interactions and is awesome in horde mode. A must add for any TWD owner!

#98 4 years ago

When did this thread switch to le prem against the pro ?

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

When did this thread switch to le prem against the pro ?

Haha, I can pinpoint it exactly for you - when Lyman's awesome light show code maturations were dissed, a discussion of LE and Pro differences evolved to sort it out.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I waiting as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 441 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside