Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“New tv”

• Oled 45 votes
      85%
    • Qled 8 votes
      15%

(53 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BA39C26-7AFF-4441-AA0F-583BD17FFA65 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 4 years ago

For those claiming it isnt even a debate because "OLED iZ SupEriUr" obviously havent seen a high end qled, Q9 for example. They have come a LONG way. The true blacks on a Q9 are very close to oled and you never need to worry about burn in. Comparing a low end qled to a high end qled is not even close, and unfair in terms of comparing qled to oled.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't worry about burn-in with my OLED. If I were buying a TV for a static display of the same image for days on end maybe I'd be concerned, but I just watch and play stuff on mine so this is a non-factor.
    I agree that if you're debating which technology is better it makes sense to compare the best to the best. I think most of the "which is better" articles do that, and generally come to the conclusion that on picture quality alone, QLED is very good and OLED is even better. There's nothing wrong with very good, but if you've got the scratch, why not get better? Of course if you want to save cash or watch in a brightly lit room (where you wouldn't perceive light leakage in dark scenes anyway and would benefit from the QLED's higher brightness capacity) QLED might be the way to go.

Well said. My only point was that it isnt accurate for people to state its a night and day difference, when the high end qleds are very close to oled. My tipping point wasnt money, but rather the fact oled COULD burn in. Im a weirdo with that kind of stuff and know it would drive me bonkers if it did happen. Like you, it isnt like im setting there with a static image, but im just paranoid about that kind of thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tv?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.