Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“New tv”

• Oled 45 votes
      85%
    • Qled 8 votes
      15%

(53 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BA39C26-7AFF-4441-AA0F-583BD17FFA65 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 4 years ago

I’ve got a POS Samsung fridge ice maker as well, won’t go two weeks without jamming up and needing defrost. Unfortunately my model wasn’t part of the class. And they just deny there’s an issue online and no dice outside the warranty period. I’m not buying Samsung appliances again, that’s for sure.

Added over 4 years ago:

Oops, looks like my fridge is part of the class action after all (along with all the other french door models from a several year period). Whether or not they ever offer a decent fix I hope the trial lawyers soak them good, hate to think of Samsung profiting by selling this POS.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So in the end, if you had good luck with Brand X, you support them. On the other hand, if you had good luck with Brand Y, you support them. Bad luck with either Brand X or Brand Y means they are shit.
    Ok, got it

Like the man said, any company will have some units fail. It’s all about how the problem is handled. Treat me like an idiot and pretend there’s not an obvious defect with your product and you’ve lost my business.

#103 4 years ago

For anyone else that was screwed over by Samsung's refusal to confess manufacturing defect on the french-door fridge ice makers, I just found a private Facebook thread for owners with a bunch of accounts of people that have forced Samsung to make repairs (which probably won't work) and ultimately issue full refunds. (Also interesting stories about the shady-ass company Samsung hired to field warranty/repair calls for them, not something I'd expect an A-list company to do).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1520337151601316/

I filed an e-complaint with the NJ BBB today to get the ball rolling. Glad the OP started this thread, otherwise I'd just have soldiered along defrosting my bust-ass icemaker every couple of weeks and hoping for a class action settlement.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

For those claiming it isnt even a debate because "OLED iZ SupEriUr" obviously havent seen a high end qled, Q9 for example. They have come a LONG way. The true blacks on a Q9 are very close to oled and you never need to worry about burn in. Comparing a low end qled to a high end qled is not even close, and unfair in terms of comparing qled to oled.

I don't worry about burn-in with my OLED. If I were buying a TV for a static display of the same image for days on end maybe I'd be concerned, but I just watch and play stuff on mine so this is a non-factor.

I agree that if you're debating which technology is better it makes sense to compare the best to the best. I think most of the "which is better" articles do that, and generally come to the conclusion that on picture quality alone, QLED is very good and OLED is even better. There's nothing wrong with very good, but if you've got the scratch, why not get better? Of course if you want to save cash or watch in a brightly lit room (where you wouldn't perceive light leakage in dark scenes anyway and would benefit from the QLED's higher brightness capacity) QLED might be the way to go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tv?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.