Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“New tv”

• Oled 45 votes
      85%
    • Qled 8 votes
      15%

(53 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BA39C26-7AFF-4441-AA0F-583BD17FFA65 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballingtmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Planning on buying a new tv.

Just curious if anyone has bought the Samsung qled q80, q90 or q900?

Also the lg oled c9 or b9?

Can’t make up my mind although the c9 seems to be the highest reviewed.

Coming from a pioneer elite plasma 60” btw.

#15 4 years ago

I keep flip flopping but I think coming from plasma I just won’t be happy enough with a qled. I like the idea of ai upscaling in the q900 but not sure if sacrificing in the blacks, contrast and viewing angle makes up for it. The 8k is a cool brag but content is years away.

In 12 years we haven’t had any burn in with the plasma so I would suspect with same viewing habits we should be fine with oled and burn in risk.

The 77” c9 and the 82” q900 are on sale right now near me at same price also. Both have come down a few thousand in last couple months so perfect timing.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm also considering replacing our 65" Plasma partly because it burns tons of electric (around 470 watts for many hours a day) but also because I want a bigger screen mostly for gaming or watching Twitch. I'm only looking at 75" so OLED's are just too expensive at that size. I've narrowed it down to these:
    Samsung Q70 or Q80 75" QLED. Avoid the Q60 as they are still edge lit, the Q70 and Q80 each use local dimming array with the Q80 having a more extensive led array. Has low latency which is good for gaming. Around $2300 or so for the Q80.
    Vizio PX75-G1 75". Similar to above, led array and low latency, slightly cheaper around $2000.
    Sony 900F 75". Not as good input latency as the two above but also slightly cheaper around $1800.
    I don't care about the smart tv aspect as we always use NVidia Sheild's for all our tv and gaming needs, I still find they work so much faster that any built in tv smart setup. My main worry is image motion blur on LED tv's which still isn't as good as my 9 year old Plasma TV, since I both game and watching gaming on Twitch this is kinda important to me, perhaps not to you. But it's the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger. Ultimately If your budget can handle it OLED is still the way to go, they will still have better viewing angles, better blacks and better motion blur than even the Q80, etc.

The q80 and up have the wider viewing angle. Q90 and 900 also have one box connect

#63 4 years ago

I think ces is January and announced then.

I asked sales guy and his thoughts are there won’t be a bigger oled for 4K as the move is made to 8k.

However yes prices will come down, they always do.

The two units I’m looking at are down 3k each from 2-3 months ago already.

#78 4 years ago

Well you guys have convinced me the c9 Oled is the way to go. The qled would be a step down in some ways from my plasma and yeah the 8k is useless for many years.

Seems like the c9 can do some pretty awesome upscaling anyways which is the q900 big selling feature.

The oled while not as bright as qled will still be brighter than the plasma I’ve been used to plus way less reflections. The plasma was pretty bad for that.

I just wish there wasn’t such a price jump from the 65” panel to the 77” but the 65” will just be to small for my great room and especially at a 4K resolution. Time to sell a couple pins to pay for it I guess lol.

Still keeping the plasma btw we just made a second family room in our house for it and putting the new oled in the main great room.

Txs for all the great discussion and opinions, helped a lot.

Ps. Samsung washers and dryers are shit lol

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

Congrats on your decision, you picked wisely. You will be future proofed for years with hdmi 2.1 in all ports and the alpha 9 in the c9 is wicked fast and a nice upgrade from earlier versions which host the alpha 7 processor.
    You will not be hard done by with the lg 77

Txs! You will have to come to my vrpa event next year and check it out. I think it’s in April.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from madtown:

Lg oled's are NOT expensive if you buy last years model cheap on craigslist....people have to have the latest tech and will sell last years for pennies on the dollar. Thing is, the technology doesnt really change...only small differences/improvements in the processors....definetly not worth the extra $2,000 for this years model as opposed to last years imo..

Checked cl, kijiji and fb for fun. Not much for used lg oleds, couple of 55” b6 , one with a dead pixel and one with a logo burn in. 300 and 800.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballingtmc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tv?tu=extraballingtmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.